Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MYP vs MYLR sway bar stiffness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran my 2022 MYLR at the Brainerd International Raceway track a few weeks ago for the first time and one thing I noticed is a bit more roll than I would like. I will be getting a 2022 MYP shortly and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are different [thicker] sway bars on the MYP compared to those on the MYLR. If they are the same or if I discover that the MYP still has more roll than I would like then I will get stuffer ones installed. I'm not sure if something like the Unplugged Performance Coil Over Springs would stiffen the ride sufficiently for track racing.
Thoughts?

If you are going to track the car enough then I would look at getting actual coilovers of your choice, not springs or sways. If you stayed on the stock dampers then swaybars would work in that case but you really want coilovers. You'll want to be able to control height, compression and rebound or swap springs per track conditions etc. and you can't do that w/o coilovers. Don't forget to tackle the brake fluid and proper track pads. Back to the sways, with coilovers you don't necessarily want to add swaybars on top. Swaybars ADD more spring rate and you don't want to add excessive spring rate, ie. too stiff equals loss traction. I don't recall that there are many threads on prepping the Y but there's a few on the 3. The two are fundamentally the same platform so the principles are shared between the two.