Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN last week 2411xx, by the looks of things my M3LR doesn't have the Matrix headlight. I called Tesla cust serv and the guy couldn't tell me anything. Said to wait until my delivery date was set up and the car was in FL, right now the car is still in CA.

Anyway, if I reject, do we know if they're building with the Matrix has re-started?

Just got my VIN last week 2411xx, by the looks of things my M3LR doesn't have the Matrix headlight. I called Tesla cust serv and the guy couldn't tell me anything. Said to wait until my delivery date was set up and the car was in FL, right now the car is still in CA.

Anyway, if I reject, do we know if they're building with the Matrix has re-started?

We don't have anything definitive yet. Nothing official or unofficial has been said on the topic.

So I recently went on a test drive and the store lead SA (i guess) said she was aware of the change and that it wasnt a permanent thing. She stated some come with them and some without them. They’re not reverting back to the old for sure, so im assuming, and this is just logically speaking…that certain builds in the end of april got the older versions. Ive seen others mention vin’s higher than you and have been getting the matrix lights. If i was you personally, i’d reject the car and have em send u another one because you have nothing to lose from a rejection. The SA stated that if i were to reject, another car would be assigned within 2 weeks….now idk how accurately that is…but since there are higher vins than you getting them with matrix lights put back in…I wouldn’t mind rejecting and seeing what the higher vin has…..on the flip side now…if you dont accept your second car, then your order is cancelled and ur out $250 and months of waiting….so its your choice but if i was you, i’d reject and see if the new one will have em (i think theres a high chance it will). Just some friendly advice bro :)

Tesla giveth and Tesla taketh away. FWIW I found the old/new style headlights to be equally effective. As painful as it might be to reject a car you've been waiting so long for, it's a way to speak with your wallet. I imagine most people won't be able to tell there was a switcheroo.

Reactions: HektikBob
Crazy right. And the fact that folks still flock to this brand is beyond me. They are constantly removing things while steadily raising the price. Folks seem to be ok with not being able to charge at home, no homelink, auto park locked behind a $12k upgrade or the host of other things they've removed. My Volvo and Buick and an old Ford can auto park, for free not to mention every car I've owned since 2003 has had homelink. I keep saying they're the apple of the car industry, people want one just to say they have one. There are cars out here for half the price that are better feature wise...I know because I own one. Everything basic autopilot does my $30k car does so there's nothing special there.

Crazy right. And the fact that folks still flock to this brand is beyond me. They are constantly removing things while steadily raising the price. Folks seem to be ok with not being able to charge at home, no homelink, auto park locked behind a $12k upgrade or the host of other things they've removed. My Volvo and Buick and an old Ford can auto park, for free not to mention every car I've owned since 2003 has had homelink. I keep saying they're the apple of the car industry, people want one just to say they have one. There are cars out here for half the price that are better feature wise...I know because I own one. Everything basic autopilot does my $30k car does so there's nothing special there.
Great show me another EV that has the features, performance, range, supercharging network for $30K (half the price of the model 3 Performance). Actually show me any new ICE car that can offer the features, functionality, and AWD performance of the Model 3 Performance at $30K (half the price of the model 3). And please don't post up a Hyundai Sonata or Toyota Camry. First of all they are not $30K loaded, and second they can't come close to the performance.

Great show me another EV that has the features, performance, range, supercharging network for $30K (half the price of the model 3 Performance). Actually show me any new ICE car that can offer the features, functionality, and AWD performance of the Model 3 Performance at $30K (half the price of the model 3). And please don't post up a Hyundai Sonata or Toyota Camry. First of all they are not $30K loaded, and second they can't come close to the performance.
Oh great, we found a fan boy who desperately tries to justify these over priced cars...🙄 So when I said half the price I was talking about the features Tesla has in basic auto pilot. And yes, my 2021 sonata limited can do it all even down to the blind spot view monitor (when you hit the blinker it shows you a video of blind spot). It was $32k. Also has homelink. My Buick can park itself and also has all of the safety suite with the exception of the blind spot view monitor.

My c40 is better than the tesla in everyway except range but we know teslas don't get anywhere near the advertised range and my c40 has actually been better than advertised so we'll call that a wash...it's very close. It has a driver display cluster and was eligible for the federal tax credit. Also came with charging cable with a nema 14-50 adapter and it has the matrix headlights. Oh and it's faster 0-60 than the car it competes with, the model Y lr and it's cheaper, by a lot!

Supercharger network...pshhh...who cares. That's not practical for everyday use and they do that even offer it for free to new buyers. I got 3 years free of electrify america with my c40 and charge point has free DC fast charging at most of their sites. But yea, keep getting bent over by tesla...let them keep removing hardware and software features while steadily raising the price...their reign at the top is over. Maybe 5 years ago when they were the only game in town they could treat people like this but not now...there's competition now. As a matter of fact, since you're such a huge fan, why don't you take this one off my hands when I take delivery. I'm planning on flipping it anyway so it's up for grabs. It's overpriced and you know it, stop trying to justify it...and that's all I have to say about that. Not going back and forth with you.

Last edited:

You seem to like to complain and are disgruntled. Just cancel your car bro, you don't seem to be happy with it. The Apple statement and calling people fanboys is kind of telling.

Who's the fool? The guy buying his 60+k car and loving it or the guy STILL buying his 60+k car and hating it?

Last edited: