Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rejected the VIN through the SA today. The car had reflector lights, a LR with a 238xxx VIN. SA did warn me that reflector headlights are going to be standard going forward and are not part of the build specifications, so can change and there is no promise that you'd receive matrix headlights next time. If you get reflector lights next time and reject, Tesla can cancel your order and keep your $250 order fee. They did say that if I rejected my VIN, that I may not get a car until late in the year due to demand. It isn't that big of a deal, but if they do take advantage of the adaptive features of projector headlights, I'd like to be part of that.
I got into a disagreement with one of the SAs regarding this. I'm sorry but people seeing the cars in person are reporting their findings which contradict what the SA say. The SA seemed upset when I rejected, even claimed I rejected twice, I said impossible this is my first order. She later apologized, but it made me wonder if this VIN had been rejected twice. In any case, new EDD is Aug-Sep. Sucks to be back of the line but it allowed us to make build changes we weren't willing to do before

Clearly rejecting cars is a hassle for the SA as they have to return the car into rotation and eventually repeat the same process for this car with another customer all while putting you back into the rotation for another car. Their life is much easier when customers accept the cars and they can move on to the next one without having to revisit the car or the customer. It's unfortunate for them but at the same time the customer is right in this case as if they are not satisfied paying for a new car with outdated headlights then they should not accept delivery if the car comes with the reflector lights.

I got into a disagreement with one of the SAs regarding this. I'm sorry but people seeing the cars in person are reporting their findings which contradict what the SA say. The SA seemed upset when I rejected, even claimed I rejected twice, I said impossible this is my first order. She later apologized, but it made me wonder if this VIN had been rejected twice. In any case, new EDD is Aug-Sep. Sucks to be back of the line but it allowed us to make build changes we weren't willing to do before
I got a new VIN (251) 3 days after I rejected my first (236). I don’t think you go back to the end of the line if you reject delivery.
Every SA has a different story to tell. Don’t worry about it too much. There more merits with members reporting actual findings than what they say.

Just confirmed with my SA that this is the Birthday: Sat Apr 16 0:37:48 2022 and my VIN is 233xxx, is it safe to assume that my car will come with the matrix headlights? My SA confirmed that it has the matrix headlights but I have my reservations.
Most likely yes you should have matrix. It seems the old headlights were phased in 4/23 or so and used for the next several days after. Then went back to matrix for May production so far.

Reactions: muhammads
Anyone know the correlation between VIN and when the car was born? Got my VIN on 5/1, 243xxx….assuming at this point i won’t be getting the matrix lights.
It seems there are other “nearby” VINs that came with the old lights but no one really knows how many cars got them. You could try asking Tesla but tbh I’m not sure how much weight I’d give their response. May not know until you see it

Played around with the matrix headlights last night
167B26CF-EAEE-416A-AD7A-6893B202D2AE.jpeg