Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7th - 21st for me, Southampton, which is good - but unfortunately 3 weeks after my 60-day trade in offer expires. It will be a real dilemma whether to continue or not if the trade in price drops.
Prices are high right now if its definitely going to expire too soon maybe pull it now and get a re quote. Why wait. If its too low keep retrying they are up and down. Mine expires 3 days before end of delivery window so hoping will be ok

I saw that Morning Carina is in Gothenburg. Do You belive she had any Teslas on?
How Teslas are shipped to Sweden has not been nailed down.
We have definitely seen them use rail from Zeebrugge in the past and there was a suspicion that they may have also been shipped via Walhamn however recently we have seen ships known to be carrying Teslas calling at Malmo.
There is no precedent for Gothenburg and so I don't think it's likely.
If you do find out the point of entry Tesla are using, please let me know!

Hello everyone. My 2022 Model 3 Long-range AWD with Aero 18" wheels in Metallic Silver (MSM) with black interior will be delivered next Thursday. I have already paid Tesla outright for it (£56,090) but have decided to cancel and get a full refund. Before I do so thought perhaps to offer it only to help anyone who may be interested to get one now (as there is a current new order wait time of 8-11 months). I am not asking for any premium and only doing this to help anyone interested. In case you or someone you know is interested, message me by the 29 March when I shall cancel the vehicle.

NOTE: I am not transferring reservations which is not allowed. I have purchased the vehicle and am selling it to a lucky person who wishes to purchase it

That what I did. Let's see which one gets a VIN first. Oct 21 M3 order or Jan 22 MY Order

Also I know someone who got his VIN number in Dec 21 and two days later got his delivery. So can't be assigned when on the ship.
FYI guys. Updated on my journey.

The Model 3 I ordered on Oct 2021 was supposed to be delivered on 15th March 2021 - But I cancelled this because the Model Y going to come instead.
The Model Y I ordered on Jan 2022 was delivered 22nd March 2022 - Result!!

So it worked out well that the initial Model 3 was delayed.

Here is a picture
20220323_095340.jpg

Hey Tesla fam, my M3 LR is estimated to deliver (according to my account) between 22 May and 19 June*

With that said, I read other commenter's on this and other threads that if that timeframe holds true, the cars scheduled for this slot will be shipped from China around 1st or 2nd week of April. Is that correct?

Secondly, if all goes well and my match is indeed on one of those ships, I understand my VIN will show up on the source code of my account at that time? Just want to be sure I have the process correct in my mind so I can focus my attention on those points (read: try everything I can to satisfy my excitement levels and speed time up!).

*Estimated delivery date when ordering was November 2022 but that never showed up on my account - it was 22 May - 19 June as soon as I completed my documents, etc.

Reactions: DanielSon
Yep. I reckon she was a good bet to have had some Teslas onboard for western Norway.
Knew to all this - first time post but have read this with interest. A few years ago I managed to track the boat my Golf R was on coming from Germany, but this is a whole new level. Ordered my MYLR mid-February, no accurate date yet in the app and the chaps at Tesla say it could be any time from May-July, so keeping everything crossed it is sooner rather than later. I look forward to more updates from @Mr Miserable and others in the coming weeks! Thanks!

Knew to all this - first time post but have read this with interest. A few years ago I managed to track the boat my Golf R was on coming from Germany, but this is a whole new level. Ordered my MYLR mid-February, no accurate date yet in the app and the chaps at Tesla say it could be any time from May-July, so keeping everything crossed it is sooner rather than later. I look forward to more updates from @Mr Miserable and others in the coming weeks! Thanks!
No ship will depart from Shanghai until Q2 starts on 01 Apr.
I will be monitoring Shanghai's ship movements on a daily basis to try and spot likely suspects and will report on them accordingly in this thread.
Hurry up and wait is the order of the day!

Reactions: QuanTim
The city of Shanghai is in lockdown for 9 days because of COVID. Last week the GF lost 2 days of production due to COVID restrictions and this lockdown which has been on the cards ever since China insisted in maintaining a zero COVID tolerance may be just the first of many lockdowns to come.
I'm not clear on the geographic boundary of the lockdown but whatever it is, it will have an affect on the labour force and the ability to move raw materials in and finished product out.
Previously the authorities had stated that the financial hub and the port would be free from any lockdown however it seems that the financial hub will now almost certainly go into lockdown and so we will have to see what rules are applied to the port. It seems that that it's a staged lockdown ie half the city will go into lockdown for a few days and then the other half will. We shall see...

Last edited:
UPDATE

The Shanghai GF is closed today (Monday). Although the shutdown is meant only for today I would not be surprised if it were to be extended to 4 days in line with the Shanghai East lockdown. The situation remains a little unclear although the ports appears to be operating normally. The airport at Pudong is still open but is very quiet with lots of cancelled flights.

Further update. I've just spent the last hour reviewing the port activity and movements are very much reduced at the moment with inbound traffic running at about 15% of what I would normally expect to see.
Additionally, as expected the GF shutdown has been extended to 4 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.