Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear. So far the date hasn't shifted away from the 9th May... A week of production loss is quite a long time, and depending on the Q2 cars factory gate could delay things. Then Tesla did cover themselves by saying May 9 to May 21 - Gives a two week window.

Well I guess we'll find out in the next 10 days when boats leave (or not).

UPDATE

The Shanghai GF is closed today (Monday). Although the shutdown is meant only for today I would not be surprised if it were to be extended to 4 days in line with the Shanghai East lockdown. The situation remains a little unclear although the ports appears to be operating normally. The airport at Pudong is still open but is very quiet with lots of cancelled flights.

Further update. I've just spent the last hour reviewing the port activity and movements are very much reduced at the moment with inbound traffic running at about 15% of what I would normally expect to see.
Additionally, as expected the GF shutdown has been extended to 4 days.
China are doing extensive testing as they have a zero tolerance on infection. If you test for Covid, you isolate (7 plus 7) which I think means 7 days and then 7 days of checking and you can leave isolation if you are clear. You are interviews and everyone that you have been in contact with also has to isolate. (The use phone apps and if you are in a Red area you can't leave). I believe and Tesla China have decided to cooperate with the Government and close to help with the testing. (There is something odd about the location and how they are shutting one half of Shanghai then the other)

There is a feeling that if the infections have gone up dramatically (the area where we have products made had 1 infection and this went up to 3 and they shut the place down) then the Government are going to rethink their strategy.

Interesting to hear. So far the date hasn't shifted away from the 9th May... A week of production loss is quite a long time, and depending on the Q2 cars factory gate could delay things. Then Tesla did cover themselves by saying May 9 to May 21 - Gives a two week window.

Well I guess we'll find out in the next 10 days when boats leave (or not).
We've always had the same EDD's as far as I can see and mine just moved form 9-24 may to 9 may- 7 june! hiw about you?

Reactions: Snowy77
Hi, new member here.

MY grey,black,22 - ordered end of Feb

Our dates have pushed back a bit today, assume it’s due to the factory shut down for covid.

Originally May, then 15 May - 12 June, then 9-23 May and now 11 May - 3 June.

I guess once we see the boats leaving we’ll get a better idea of timescales.

We've always had the same EDD's as far as I can see and mine just moved form 9-24 may to 9 may- 7 june! hiw about you?
Same

1648668024020.png

Spec: Long range white / black

1648668138852.png

Reactions: Muldutch
One thing we (as the end consumer) have in our favour is that Tesla have lots of experience with shutdowns of this particular factory, be it due to public holidays (Chinese New Year is a long one) or otherwise. I think they will have lots of data on how quickly the can get back up to speed and begin pumping out and shipping the cars again.

The only relatively unknown is how the rest of the city will be able to rebound, such as ports, etc. But I'm sure they have some good inside information on that too. So *hopefully* our EDD accuracy remains solid.

(at least this is what I'm telling myself to curb the pain!)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.