Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CYN is sacred for any business in china. It is the period people travel to visit family and relatives sometimes on the other side of the country. From my experience: you end up with only 60 to 80% showing up again after CYN, the rest saw the light and changed jobs without notice and will never come back. And you can expect a covid uplift after it as well due to a lot of people getting together. So the general impact is the weeks or months after CYN visible, not before.
I had a substantial manufacturing operation in China. We used to write off 3 weeks for Chinese New Year before things were back to expected production levels.

Reactions: PeteB
I ordered a MY on day 2, and transferred the RN to a LeaseCo after a couple of weeks. Not heard anything and just contacted Tesla to check they have everything they need, they said they have everything in place but waiting for me to be matched to a car. They said they have 'several' boats leaving Shanghai over the next two weeks and I should be matched by mid Feb, for mid March delivery. So we carry on waiting....but seems there's more being loaded over the next 2 weeks.

I ordered a MY on day 2, and transferred the RN to a LeaseCo after a couple of weeks. Not heard anything and just contacted Tesla to check they have everything they need, they said they have everything in place but waiting for me to be matched to a car. They said they have 'several' boats leaving Shanghai over the next two weeks and I should be matched by mid Feb, for mid March delivery. So we carry on waiting....but seems there's more being loaded over the next 2 weeks.
That all chimes with existing intel. Good to have corroborating details from elsewhere!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
That is good news. Just a shame most peoples trade-ins will have expired by Mid March.
What do you mean? If you accepted the trade-in offer, which is valid for a period of time - it is de-facto accepted to my knowledge. You can even show up when you pick up your car without the trade-in, but then you need to bring proof that you paid the residual amont instead of trading it in. At least that was how they explained it to me.

Side note: this is going of topic from the shipping thread - so if you have issues with this, let's discuss in a separate one

Reactions: ichorus
What do you mean? If you accepted the trade-in offer, which is valid for a period of time - it is de-facto accepted to my knowledge. You can even show up when you pick up your car without the trade-in, but then you need to bring proof that you paid the residual amont instead of trading it in. At least that was how they explained it to me.

Side note: this is going of topic from the shipping thread - so if you have issues with this, let's discuss in a separate one
Reading the terms again it seems you are correct about this. And in all honesty I am now starting to think it is the reason why they don't assign VINs sometimes.

Reading the terms again it seems you are correct about this. And in all honesty I am now starting to think it is the reason why they don't assign VINs sometimes.
Where are you seeing that it's only valid for a certain period of time? I don't see anything about that on my order page and the FAQ's for trading in doesn't say that once you've accepted their final offer that it then expires after a certain amount of time

The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (MY shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below. All the ships continue to enjoy good weather conditions.

View attachment 759571

On the watch list, 2 ships are currently in Singapore, SUNRISE ACE and GLOVIS CONDOR and their continued presence on the watch list will very much depend on where they depart to.
We have just seen CASTOR LEADER depart to Singapore but I haven't added her to the watch list as I believe she is heading to the UAE.

In Shanghai, LAKE COMO should depart Shanghai South tomorrow morning (UK time) and be replaced by HELIOS RAY.
I am also aware that LAKE WANAKA is in the anchorage but she looks like she will be heading to the main Shanghai piers.
NABUCCO should also make an appearance this week. She will be heading to Southampton and Zeebrugge but at the moment I am reasonably satisfied that she will not be carrying Teslas.

Over in San Francisco, DREAM DIAMOND is loading at Pier 80. I have no idea when she is likely to depart but her destination is likely to be Taiwan. (South Korea remains a possibility though).

Finally, don't forget to enter the HYPERION RAY competition - click HERE to enter. It's free and very easy to enter
Thanks so much for all your updates, it's so much fun watching them get closer and closer to the UK!

I just have a question about the MY shipment. Is it possible that there are some MY on HYPERION RAY? I'm just wondering because the first deliveries are due on the 15th Feb and they're to either Scotland or North Wales (I can't remember which is first), is two days enough time for them to offload from VIKING BRAVERY and then get them transported up the country? If it is then do you think those cars will be the first to be offloaded from the boat and that they’ve purposefully matched those VINs to people who live near to the delivery sites? Or do they get all the cars off much quicker than one would expect so it doesn't really matter about the order?

Sorry if some of this is basic but this is my first time following along with ships being tracked!

Thanks

The known Tesla ships on the way at the moment are as follows:

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Southampton 03 Feb, Zeebrugge 04 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER ETA Zeebrugge 12 Feb
HYPERION RAY I estimate will arrive Southampton around 07 Feb and Zeebrugge 08 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY I estimate Southampton around 13 Feb (MY shipment to UK) and Zeebrugge on 16 Feb

Their latest satellite positions are shown on the chart below.
I expect GRANDE CALIFORNIA to commence her Suez transit in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, unlike the Panama Canal, there are no webcams which you can follow the transit on. There are no locks in the Suez Canal, but the ships form up into convoys for the transit. I'm expecting GRANDE CALIFORNIA to be in the leading packet. When she departs the canal she should update her AIS with her destination and ETA.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.49.28.png

The following chart shows vessels of interest. These are ships whose itineraries have not yet been determined but so far look suspiciously like they could be carrying Teslas but nothing is confirmed yet. In my experience, most will turn out not to be carrying Teslas.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.51.40.png

SUNRISE ACE and GLOVIS CONDOR are both heading for Suez whilst GRAND ORION is heading for Singapore.

Joining the list is LAKE COMO. Unfortunately, she has departed Shanghai South without updating her AIS destination and so I can't be sure where she is heading. Her ETA though is 11 Feb, which would suggest to me that she is bound for Suez.
On that assumption she could arrive in Southampton around 20 Feb, Zeebrugge 21 Feb.
Hopefully her AIS will get corrected shortly but we may have to wait until she nears Singapore where an incorrect AIS label will almost certainly be pointed out to the ship.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.52.12.png

Whilst you are waiting, don't forget to enter the HYPERION RAY competition. It's free!
Although the response is very good so far there hasn't been too many instances (3) of folk choosing the same square (person who chose first wins) and there are, in my opinion, lots of possible winning squares remaining that have yet to be picked. The competition will close for entries on Saturday.

Is there anything specific for the Swiss market? I’m thinking about customs, border controls, delays, specific shipments (once a Quarter perhaps?)

Reason why I’m asking is because I didn’t get a VIN and placed the order in November. It’s a Black/Black/20 configuration with winter tires.

They promised me “first week of March” but the timeline is getting narrower by the day.
Based in Switzerland. Ordered early Nov a M3LR. Put the order on hold until 2022.
I've received a request for payment on Friday with an estimated delivery Feb 11-25, I talked with my SA on Monday and he confirmed I'll get the Ryzen and the car is on the Hyperion Ray. He thought the ship was still loading in Shangai but I know better thanks to @Mr Miserable
I still can't see my VIN but my SA could.
He told me I should expect it a week after it arrives in Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.