Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday 07 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.
She continues to make good progress and looks like she is still on-schedule. Weather looks fine all the way!

GLOVIS SUMMIT Her passage through the Suez Canal took a little longer than expected and I reckon she is about 5 hours behind schedule at the moment but she can easily make up that lost time. She is heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug with probably about 1100 cars for the UK onboard. She also has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton.
The problem will be that MORNING CHORUS will not have completed unloading by the time she turns up and I can't imagine Tesla being able to handle two ships at once. There is a potential for a delay here and a knock-on delay for her arrival into Zeebrugge. I'll be watching for that ETA to move right...

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. She is currently making 17 kts in the Gulf of Aden.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship! She is enduring some lumpy seas at the moment which will last a couple more days.

RCC ANTWERP will be preparing to transit the busy Singapore Straits in the next 12 hours or so. She will have a fully manned bridge for the transit and despite radar supplemented with AIS info, and shore-based VTS control, the bridge lookouts will be indispensable. The good news is that the weather should be fine. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now well clear of the shananigans going on around Taiwan. She is now in an area with scattered storms - the remnants of that Tropical Depression which never became organised enough to develop further. Plenty of heavy rain and the odd gust, which will reduce visibility but that's about it. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. She's not hanging around, maintaining a steady 18kts. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
What happened to the competition ? I missed the result

Great info, it's helped build the excitement! I have an M3P booked for pick up on Aug 23rd (bham uk) have vin and reg......I have been tracking Morning chorus but now see Glovis Summit is also heading for Southampton a day later....

Does anyone have an idea which ship mine is likely to be on?

Cheers and hope you all get yours soon too!
I suspect MORNING CHORUS

Reactions: Ruben79
I suspect MORNING CHORUS
@Mr Miserable you’ve been tracking all the activities around Tesla deliveries for such a long time that you have real expertise. When the VINS from Companion are disclosed, does it happen in a short burst like a broadcast update following a few days of matching cars with orders behind the scenes? Or does it take a few days to do. Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuanTim
Good to you! :)
In Hungary, no one knows anything, I got a call from local Tesla advisor 3 times, in January, March, May that my car will coming and nothing happened since then... No VIN, no EDD only TBD... :( (Ordered 5th of Dec, 2021)
True! I'm also waiting for my m3 with W interior since 12 Dec 2021. We are full of promises and disinformation about the EDD. No VIN just TBD, TA has no information about anything. I'm just wondering if it's possible that VINs are allocated by TAs, not by any sort of automatic system, coz that means the more pocket money you give the earlier you get your car. Any thoughts on it?

Reactions: Oskar75
Monday 07 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.
She continues to make good progress and looks like she is still on-schedule. Weather looks fine all the way!

GLOVIS SUMMIT Her passage through the Suez Canal took a little longer than expected and I reckon she is about 5 hours behind schedule at the moment but she can easily make up that lost time. She is heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug with probably about 1100 cars for the UK onboard. She also has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton.
The problem will be that MORNING CHORUS will not have completed unloading by the time she turns up and I can't imagine Tesla being able to handle two ships at once. There is a potential for a delay here and a knock-on delay for her arrival into Zeebrugge. I'll be watching for that ETA to move right...

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug. She is now established in the Red Sea.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship! She is enduring some lumpy seas at the moment which will last a couple more days.

RCC ANTWERP will be preparing to transit the busy Singapore Straits in the next 12 hours or so. She will have a fully manned bridge for the transit and despite radar supplemented with AIS info, and shore-based VTS control, the bridge lookouts will be indispensable. The good news is that the weather should be fine. I strongly suspect she is heading to Barcelona with 4052 MY on board.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now well clear of the shananigans going on around Taiwan. She is now in an area with scattered storms - the remnants of that Tropical Depression which never became organised enough to develop further. Plenty of heavy rain and the odd gust, which will reduce visibility but that's about it. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. She's not hanging around, maintaining a steady 18kts. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
I have booked collection date on 15 of September, m3 rwd, vin403xxx,Ireland, any idea which boat could be

Reactions: Edward Mango
You can keep an eye on UECC schedules but they have planty of spare capacity at the moment since they can no longer service Russia.
Alternatively, just follow this thread - if I see anything of interest it will be noted on here.
As Mr M. Says UECC schedules are the best place to look, other ships used I believe belong to KESS. Ships usually used are Prometheus Leader, currently off to Suez, Auto Energy, currently not on Tesla business, Auto Progress, due in Drammen on 12th not carrying Tesla, and 18th, possibly carrying some MYP.
The one I'm really interested in at the moment is Auto Eco...

Auto Eco picked cars up from Bramerhaven and is on route to Baltimore, USA, it was not scheduled to go there, so I'm guessing it's on a charter, why would a comparatively small ship go to Baltimore you are asking? Which company has been known to ship cars from North East USA back to Europe and in comparatively small numbers from their factory in Fremont? Could this be a S/X delivery? Over to Mr M. And Darreno to back up or shoot down my postulation...

Reactions: BR1TNEY
True! I'm also waiting for my m3 with W interior since 12 Dec 2021. We are full of promises and disinformation about the EDD. No VIN just TBD, TA has no information about anything. I'm just wondering if it's possible that VINs are allocated by TAs, not by any sort of automatic system, coz that means the more pocket money you give the earlier you get your car. Any thoughts on it?
The suspicion is that VINs are allocated from the US because they appear during Texas working hours.
To prove this required someone to check their account every hour. It seems everybody checks their account every hour! So no hardship.

Auto Eco picked cars up from Bramerhaven and is on route to Baltimore, USA, it was not scheduled to go there, so I'm guessing it's on a charter, why would a comparatively small ship go to Baltimore you are asking? Which company has been known to ship cars from North East USA back to Europe and in comparatively small numbers from their factory in Fremont? Could this be a S/X delivery? Over to Mr M. And Darreno to back up or shoot down my postulation...
That's a very expensive way to ship. I wonder if she's going across there on some sort of demo tour.
I admit that I expected Tesla to use Baltimore when they were shipping from the E coast however they used Philly and then repetitively used Newark.
They moved them by road to Philly but by rail to Newark.
Interestingly I note Troy Teslike is forecasting nearly 8K Model S/X to EU in Q4. That's 2 ships worth from Pier 80 which might be a cheaper alternative. (Rail is really expensive) Just a thought....

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
The suspicion is that VINs are allocated from the US because they appear during Texas working hours.
To prove this required someone to check their account every hour. It seems everybody checks their account every hour! So no hardship.
Hopefully I will put this to the test as my automated VIN monitor is checking every 3 minutes, so as soon as there is a hit then we'll know what time it was allocated, give or take a few mins. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.