Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is MEDITERRANEAN SEA rulled out due to the dock used in Shanghai (I dont know which was used)? Or too little time at the dock in Shanghai?

MEDITERRANEAN SEA is a previous Tesla ship, would line up with the VINs for Denmark, Sweden, Finland (and probably more countries) that are currently difficult to account for.

And the route Shanghai - Singapore - Suez - Zeebrugge fits with previous Tesla shipping patterns.
Another possibility could be AQUAMARINE ACE.

Is MEDITERRANEAN SEA rulled out due to the dock used in Shanghai (I dont know which was used)? Or too little time at the dock in Shanghai?

MEDITERRANEAN SEA is a previous Tesla ship, would line up with the VINs for Denmark, Sweden, Finland (and probably more countries) that are currently difficult to account for.

And the route Shanghai - Singapore - Suez - Zeebrugge fits with previous Tesla shipping patterns.
MEDITERRANEAN SEA must have left Shanghai in September, before anyone expected any shipment to Europe to leave? It would be very unusual for Tesla to do that, unless the local market was saturated and they couldn't sell the cars in September anyway?

Same here the VIN appeared a week ago. Similar activity in Swe. Since it takes 1-2 weeks to get them cars up here into the dark winter lands from the near tropical south/central europe, the boat must arrive early Nov to have a chance at delivery by end of Nov (21st in my case before the TBD of this wknd). Hoeg’s search shows no hits for Finnish VINs so it cannnot be COPENHAGEN. When I got my VIN in source, the only IDd ship in addition to CPH was SUPREME. Only weird thing is: why would they ship cars up north from barcelona? So still a bit of mystery, which only Mr M having the divine capabilities to calculate.

MEDITERRANEAN SEA must have left Shanghai in September, before anyone expected any shipment to Europe to leave? It would be very unusual for Tesla to do that, unless the local market was saturated and they couldn't sell the cars in September anyway?
My VIN indicates that my car is 2023 model (LRWYGCEKXPC5*****) so probably it was manufactured later than in September. This rules it out to be on this ship.

My VIN indicates that my car is 2023 model (LRWYGCEKXPC5*****) so probably it was manufactured later than in September. This rules it out to be on this ship.
I got a P-VIN as well. But no ship add up. There is no VIN-hit at Hoegh. Glovis Supreme is headed for Barcelona. Viking Queen departed Shanghai 3 days after I got the VIN.
So with the current known ships, it would require that Glovis Supreme continue to Zeebrugge or Tesla moving cars from Barcelona to Northern Europe which I would consider highly unlikely.

Or Tesla assigning VINs before the cars have left Shanghai.

Or Tesla manufacturing P-vins in September.

I dont know, but something doesnt add up.

I got a P-VIN as well. But no ship add up. There is no VIN-hit at Hoegh. Glovis Supreme is headed for Barcelona. Viking Queen departed Shanghai 3 days after I got the VIN.
So with the current known ships, it would require that Glovis Supreme continue to Zeebrugge or Tesla moving cars from Barcelona to Northern Europe which I would consider highly unlikely.

Or Tesla assigning VINs before the cars have left Shanghai.

Or Tesla manufacturing P-vins in September.

I dont know, but something doesnt add up.
My best guess is that GLOVIS SUPREME is going to continue to Zeebrugge after Barcelona. Based on when I got my VIN and that it doesn't return a hit on Hoegh or GRANDE CALIFORNIA, I don't see which other ship it could be on even though it is a P VIN. On TFF-forum there is a new approval e4*2007/46*1293*26 as of September 13, so it's not unthinkable that they started production of P VINs in September.

Personally, I don't think she is a likely candidate.
According to my records she hasn't been used by Tesla before (not that this is a deciding factor). She docked in Haitong for just over 24 hours.
Departed on 25 Sep.
I would suspect the EDDs are incorrect. It won't be the first time.

Last edited:
I'm keeping an eye on RCC AMSTERDAM at the moment, she looks like she is heading for Shanghai.
I'm also keen to see where COSCO TENGFEI ends up. She made a large change of course mid-Pacific a couple of days ago and is now on course for the Shanghai anchorages.
Meanwhile GLOVIS SUMMIT has departed Taicang for Singapore. I'm not going to rule her out for the moment (Tesla have used Taicang in the past) and so she will just be added to my watch list for the time being.

Last edited:
Reactions: perry12396
I'm keeping an eye on RCC AMSTERDAM at the moment, she looks like she is heading for Shanghai.
Meanwhile GLOVIS SUMMIT has departed Taicang for Singapore. I'm not going to rule her out for the moment (Tesla have used Taicang in the past) and so she will just be added to my watch list for the time being.
Would she likely arrive there before RCC EUROPE? This being a possibility for Uk

@Mr Miserable Glovis Supreme must be headed for Zeebrugge too. I have a hidden VIN and located in Denmark. Estimated EDD is oct 31 - 16 nov. The VIN is not on Hoegh ships or Grande California.
I can see multiple people from Finland and Norway have hidden VINs that match the same desciption.
Unless they of course plan to load them onto a truck and drive from Barcelona - which I have not heard of before :)

Sweden here with a P-VIN LRWYGCEK7PC540XXX. Delivery window is set to 14-28/11. Can't find the VIN anywhere either - must be on SUPREME? My SA claims they can't see anything about the car's whereabouts since "it's not in Europe yet". They probably can when the ship has passed Suez.

Reactions: AGNL and MGHG
I see the San Francisco Port schedule has been published and it names RCC CLASSIC as the next ship to call at Pier 80.
A source in SF also named this ship to me last week but it is not possible for that ship to still be on that schedule.
There is some dodgy info coming out of SF at the moment and it would be appear to be eminating from the ship handling agents for Tesla - Pasha & Co.
If they don't know what's happening - who does??

Reactions: MrHopsing
Status
Not open for further replies.