Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to pay for enhanced data sources to know that. I looked on MarineTraffic website and it's "out of range". It says I have to pay to get satellite information?
No.
I've just been doing this a while....

Actually the satellite data says the ship is going to/from Gwanyang, S Korea. She is currently just entering the anchorage just off Shanghai.

Last edited:
Reactions: _SunShine
I remember reading last year someone saying they believed the VIN would appear in our Tesla accounts hidden as soon as the car was loaded onto the vehicle carrier ship. If that's true, where in that process would the matching occur? It should be possible to match orders to VINs automatically ( that seems simple compared to FSD) but is that really the situation in play now or not. I would have thought there is a delay after car loading on the boat of a number of days while Tesla humans do some checks then run scripts etc.. to assign VIN's to customer orders. Delivery dates can surely only be confirmed when the boat has left port and a bit nearer to the time otherwise any bad weather/delays could impact it.

Was any of this VIN allocation on vehicle carrier ship loading going on at the end of Q4 or is it pure speculation that this might happen in the future?

I wonder when Hyperion Ray will depart and where to........
Funny you should ask, because I have just been informed that she was originally due to depart around 11pm UK time tonight (as is DON JUAN) but it now appears that she has a problem and probably won't be ready then and may have to delay her departure until the next high tide which should be around midday tomorrow UK time.

This has a knock-on effect on another ship that was planning to do a crew change in Shanghai tomorrow and now has to rearrange flights, COVID tests etc etc. Very pixxed off crew taking to bulletin boards to complain!

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I am supposed to have my model y delivered in februari. Ordered last year, but I also don’t have a vin yet. Becomming a small obsession checking it daily.
I hope they will be able to deliver in februari and that it won’t become March or later.

Did I misunderstand you? I thought that HYPERION RAY was having problems and would be delayed. Did you mean DON JUAN and will GLOVIS SUNRISE then head for S. Korea?
HYPERION RAY's departure is delayed. DON JUAN will depart and I assume GLOVIS SUNRISE will dock in the space left by DON JUAN.
We don't know where GLOVIS SUNRISE will depart to.

Fully loaded ... towards Suez ... maybe a hit :)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-12 um 12.21.21.png

Status
Not open for further replies.