Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that makes my 10/02/22 delivery date pretty achievable (if on this ship…the Vin wait continues).
I guess it all depends on how long it takes them to sort themselves out once they arrive and offload at Southampton. others on here might know more about this? I am in the queue for a Feb delivery too, so I am quite excited about this, so HYPERION RAY plus others look promising.

Hello, are we sure that the VIN is given to the user right after the car is loaded onboard the ship, or does it come later ?
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic. :confused:
It varies. More recently, VINs seem to appear in the HTML source a couple of weeks after departure. Trouble is, it's becoming harder to pin down which ship is carrying the cars whose VINs have appeared due to the increased number of shipments to Europe over the last 6 months or so.

Steve

Wow! That might mean by current estimates that we can expect Southampton deliveries on or around 08/02 (HYPERION RAY), 09/02 (PAGNA) and 10/02 (VIKING SEA)! Is that likely? Seems like London buses 🤣🤣🤣
No that isn't likely.
We have 3 ships that could turn out to be Tesla ships but then again, may not. PAGNA for example shipped a load of MG 5's to the UK last time but she doesn't appear on the Bristol arrivals board, which she would if she was shipping MGs to the UK. So she remains a suspect for the moment.
Tesla ships could head for Koper, Zeebrugge or Southampton.
It's pretty likely however that at least one of these three ships will be bringing Teslas to Southampton. We will hopefully find out soon enough.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
No that isn't likely.
We have 3 ships that could turn out to be Tesla ships but then again, may not. PAGNA for example shipped a load of MG 5's to the UK last time but she doesn't appear on the Bristol arrivals board, which she would if she was shipping MGs to the UK. So she remains a suspect for the moment.
It's pretty likely however that at least one of these three ships will be bringing Teslas to Southampton. We will hopefully find out soon enough.
What About Ashdod IL ?

No that isn't likely.
Out of interest - when you say 'find out soon'...will that be because the destination is confirmed post-Suez, because of VIN's being assigned or be because of inside information ...or a mixture! I suppose I'm asking when you think its likely that it'll be confirmed..?!

Out of interest - when you say 'find out soon'...will that be because the destination is confirmed post-Suez, because of VIN's being assigned or be because of inside information ...or a mixture! I suppose I'm asking when you think its likely that it'll be confirmed..?!
A mixture usually, hopefully before Suez.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
For the amount quoted for that one year contract I would expect Glovis to provide a golden carpet for each car.
Glovis Hyundai already ply to/from Shanghai and Far Eastern ports with S Korean vehicles so I can so no, not every Glovis ship will be a Tesla ship.
Mr M

Since the announcement last month, there has been another, that Glovis are expanding in to container shipping, which may account for a significant % of the huge contract and would make more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.