Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• ACD58283-3895-4BFB-84F6-BCE97EA60405.jpeg
    ACD58283-3895-4BFB-84F6-BCE97EA60405.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 823FC2CD-21F3-4FB1-89D0-613BB931E0C7.jpeg
    823FC2CD-21F3-4FB1-89D0-613BB931E0C7.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 169
Congrats! When did you made the order? Shouldn't be easier to transport on land to Poland from Koper/Slovenia instead from Zeebrugge/Belgium? I actually checked the map and it's almost 300km shorter distance from Koper, not to mention the ships have less travel time from Shanghai.
I ordered 8th of November. Been delayed from December — Tesla Warsaw didn't have enough manpower to process all the orders and many cars orders were postponed to Q1 and the cars didn't even come to Warsaw and went straight to Germany and further West at the end of Q4.

Koper would probably make more sense, but maybe it's easier for Tesla to have one shipping destination? I believe Mr Miserable said he doesn't expect Koper to be used. We shall see.

I've just spoken to CS (after a 40 minutes wait! - seems like waiting is integral part of buying a Tesla). It's not so much the waiting it's the not knowing how long the wait will be!!
She told me I should get it in March but they are still waiting for a car to be allocated to me. If I am going to be driving this car in March it must be on a boat by now. She agreed but said that they do not allocate the cars until the boat is halfway here (in case they run into bad weather). So how many days does it take for a boat to get from China to England and the how many days does it take to get from the port to the dealer?.
I wouldn't necessarily use the word "Dealer" since they are nor independent, neither make deals. They are Service and Delivery Centers imo. :cool:

Congrats! When did you made the order? Shouldn't be easier to transport on land to Poland from Koper/Slovenia instead from Zeebrugge/Belgium? I actually checked the map and it's almost 300km shorter distance from Koper, not to mention the ships have less travel time from Shanghai.
There are fewer elevation changes from Zeebrugge than from the Adriatic coast €€

Reactions: rempha
@Mr Miserable Viking Bravery is making great speed, with ETA Southampton being 4 hours earlier now on the 13th at 12PM
Seems like Hoegh Traveller and Viking Bravery are racing each other, yet to another port as the first goes directly to Zeebrugge.
Arrival time of Viking Bravery at Zeebrugge has been corrected to 14th at 9:30PM.

Reactions: Oronoche
I heard that the delivery of my MY is at the start of March. How do I know which ship its on? I like in Southampton, and can just see the docks from my top windows!
I talked to a Tesla representative at the Tesla showroom about a week ago, and he informed me that there will be a special handover event on the 19th February at the docks. So it confirms this! :)

EDIT: I guess it depends when you ordered your Model Y. If you ordered it first thing in October 2021, then I would suspect yours would then be on the first shipment.
I asked the rep, if mine would be on the first shipment, he said no, it would be on a later ship, as I ordered only at the end of Jan.

My order status (in Netherlands).

[25 Jan] - Order placed M3-RWD [EDD May 2022]
[30 Jan] - Order changed to M3LR [EDD Aug 2022]
[Feb 8] - Received final invoice and VIN [EDD Feb 26 - Mar 12, invoice states delivery date as Mar 11, 2022]

From the previous messages in this thread, I guess it's on the SFL composer and really hope the EDD stays as is (fingers crossed). Couldn't get much info from the Tesla reps. on the VIN.

Reactions: Petetheroadie
Status
Not open for further replies.