Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am new Irish member of this forum awaiting delivery of Model 3 .....hopefully March. I could not resist other than to acknowledge and appreciate the dedication of "Mr Miserable" to this forum. Whilst obviously a labour of love/obsession it is always nice to have your efforts acknowledged and appreciated..and I am doing both!.

Not sure how to private message on this so forgive posting in the forum but i suspect there are many like me who appreciate.

Well done and thanks

Am new Irish member of this forum awaiting delivery of Model 3 .....hopefully March. I could not resist other than to acknowledge and appreciate the dedication of "Mr Miserable" to this forum. Whilst obviously a labour of love/obsession it is always nice to have your efforts acknowledged and appreciated..and I am doing both!.

Not sure how to private message on this so forgive posting in the forum but i suspect there are many like me who appreciate.

Well done and thanks
You are most kind. Thank you.
I'm very keen to learn how Teslas are being moved from Zeebrugge to S Ireland and so if you do find out please post here!

Reactions: jmhumphreys
No I believe the cars on HOEGH TRAVELLER are ones produced in 2021 Q4 that for some reason or other missed their designated ship.

How is it possible then, that they do have the new battery packs with longer range that was new in January?

My MY is confirmed on the hoegh traveller and confirmed to have ryzen and battery upgrade (actually: range upgrade)… so, i’m assuming its a 2022 model, and not a “leftover” from q3 production/q4 deliveries. But i would not be surprised the production for the 2022 model started in q4.

My MY is confirmed on the hoegh traveller and confirmed to have ryzen and battery upgrade (actually: range upgrade)… so, i’m assuming its a 2022 model, and not a “leftover” from q3 production/q4 deliveries. But i would not be surprised the production for the 2022 model started in q4.
Same here. Also on the hoegh traveller. If it doesn’t have the ryzen I think I will deny it. That case I rather wait another month and have the new chip. Allready read that there were also people with intel chips so they really have an old car from last year that was left.

Same here. Also on the hoegh traveller. If it doesn’t have the ryzen I think I will deny it. That case I rather wait another month and have the new chip. Allready read that there were also people with intel chips so they really have an old car from last year that was left.
My SA cannot confirm or deny that it has the AMD. But as I ordered after range increase and it was written it should be guaranteed to have that.. but he could not check build date etc.
Vin shows N for 2022.

But it seems that the Hoegh Traveller is shipping a lot for the Nordic countries. Would it even make shipping sense to bundle the smaller countries?

Can Morning Carina possibly make the journey to be at Southampton by 10th March if it hasn’t already left? I know a couple of days additional was mentioned. Also surely this has to be the last UK boat this quarter?
Looks spot on to me. Journey is c28 days. We have been thinking for a while that this week would have been the last for Q1 deliveries. @Mr Miserable also seems to think so. This also tallies with what I was told by Tesla who said at the start of this week that they believed there were still more vessels to depart for Q1.

Looks spot on to me. Journey is c28 days. We have been thinking for a while that this week would have been the last for Q1 deliveries. @Mr Miserable also seems to think so. This also tallies with what I was told by Tesla who said at the start of this week that they believed there were still more vessels to depart for Q1.
I actually think the MORNING CARINA is the penultimate ship, and believe they will squeeze another through.

My question is, how long does it take to prep the new car and transport it to the delivery sites? Worst case would be say Scotland? Let's assume 2-3 days?

I know that Tesla will try to aim to get initial delivery to customers a week before end of March, as we all know that the customer has a week of postponement for delivery. That would mean 24th March would be the last initial delivery date sent out to customers for Q4.

By all this logic:
28 days for ship travel time + 2 days unloading + 3 days vehicle prep and distribution + 7 days customer delivery lag time = 40 days

It would make the final date a ship could set sail for Southampton to be this Saturday 19th February.

So just been in touch with Tesla though the chat on the website said I’ve got my EDD 7th to 21st March not got a vin yet done the source thing no joy with that. Said that one is assigned couldn’t tell me the ship it was on and to expect delivery mid to late March I also asked if it had the updated processor in screen new 12v battery and double glazed windows.

Attachments

• 6A39CBA2-F457-4AF7-90E5-4443BD7FF236.jpeg
    6A39CBA2-F457-4AF7-90E5-4443BD7FF236.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 125
So just been in touch with Tesla though the chat on the website said I’ve got my EDD 7th to 21st March not got a vin yet done the source thing no joy with that. Said that one is assigned couldn’t tell me the ship it was on and to expect delivery mid to late March I also asked if it had the updated processor in screen new 12v battery and double glazed windows.
Well we will all find out for sure in 2 days what, and what isn’t in the car. Not having double glazed rear windows would be disappointing but not overly surprising. At least this info will keep us debating until we actually get the cars. The parcel shelf rumours had run it’s course. 👍🏻

Last edited:
I actually think the MORNING CARINA is the penultimate ship, and believe they will squeeze another through.

My question is, how long does it take to prep the new car and transport it to the delivery sites? Worst case would be say Scotland? Let's assume 2-3 days?

I know that Tesla will try to aim to get initial delivery to customers a week before end of March, as we all know that the customer has a week of postponement for delivery. That would mean 24th March would be the last initial delivery date sent out to customers for Q4.

By all this logic:
28 days for ship travel time + 2 days unloading + 3 days vehicle prep and distribution + 7 days customer delivery lag time = 40 days

It would make the final date a ship could set sail for Southampton to be this Saturday 19th February.
I'm liking the logic and maths in this. Let's see 😀

Reactions: foxtru
I was thinking that MORNING LYNN would replace MORNING CARINA at Shanghai South however this morning I'm not so sure that will happen.
We already know that MORNING LYNN will depart to Zeebrugge (ETA 14 Mar) but there is another ship, GRAND DOLPHIN that has come into play and may worth keeping an eye on.
We shall see....

Last edited:
The following charts show the 12 noon UTC satellite positions of the ships referred to.

HOEGH TRAVELLER will dock in Zeebrugge later today.
VIKING BRAVERY is currently enduring some rough weather in the Channel but is due to arrive in Southampton tonight. She should arrive in Zeebrugge on Tuesday morning.

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.06.52.png

GLOVIS CONDOR is making her way northwards along the coast of Portugal and is likely to encounter some large swells over the next 48 hours.
She should arrive in Zeebrugge on Wednesday morning.

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.11.12.png

Over in the Red Sea it looks like both HELIOS RAY and SFL COMPOSER will be in the same northbound convoy on Tuesday morning.
HELIOS RAY will turn right on hitting the Med enroute to Ashdod on Wednesday and Koper on 21 Feb whilst SFL COMPOSER will hopefully turn left to Southampton and Zeebrugge (probably 23 & 25 Feb respectively).

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.21.29.png

Meanwhile in the Arabian Sea two more 'Tesla' ships continue to make good progress:
MSC IMMACOLATA I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 27 Feb, Zeebrugge around 01 Mar
GRAND PIONEER I estimate she could arrive in Zeebrugge around 2 Mar however she may actually be inbound to Koper in which case her ETA there will be around 24 Feb.
Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.23.34.png

Over in the Far East we have three ships that are very likely to be identified as Tesla vessels:
RCC AMSTERDAM is currently heading for Singapore (refuel) but I estimate could arrive in Southampton around 06 Mar
GLOVIS CHORUS I estimate she could arrive in Zeebrugge around 10 Mar
MORNING CARINA is currently scheduled into Southampton 10 Mar and Zeebrugge 12 Mar, but this may slip right a day or two.
Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.37.23.png

There are a couple of other ships which remain my watch list for the moment:

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 12.40.25.png

A final reminder to enter the SFL COMPOSER competition, it will close tomorrow.
I had a quick look yesterday at the entries so far and they form a wide geographical spread rather than a concentration in any particular area which means there are plenty of possible winning squares still available.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS It's free and just a bit of fun while you wait for your car.

Tesla told me this yesterday.
Most early cars were for the fleet - Tuskers etc , they ordered in larger numbers in advance, Tesla typically fulfil them first, in addition to some private and store demonstrators. Fleet operators allocate based on their orders/matching.
The end of the quarter Tesla typically fulfil the Private market, so one could expect to see more allocations from 24th Feb... I am not sure any Q1 2022 will be allocated from 5th March.... meaning if you have not heard anything late 25-28th Feb.... you may not get a car.

I have been asked about HOEGH LONDON which departed Shanghai yesterday and which is apparently listed elswhere on the internet as a probable Tesla ship.
This ship is on a scheduled service that will arrive in Zeebrugge on 19 Mar at the earliest. Experience has shown that because of the ports it will call at on the way to Zeebrugge this date will almost certainly move right, making end of quarter deliveries quite borderline if this ship is used. Additionally, there does not seem to be a shortage of charter capacity at the moment, so why use an expensive schedued service? I don't think she is a likely candidate. I'm very aware that the Hoegh scheduled service has been used before but in all cases it was used for a relatively small number of vehicles that had missed for some reason their designated main sailing. I know this is a sensitive point but the wide VIN spread support it. (It's not as if you are getting an old car or one that has sat on a disused airfield or dockside for months like some traditional marques!)
The only good thing is that with Hoegh you can actually check to see if your VIN is onboard - see here.
Do let me know if you do find your VIN, but I'm not hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.