Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one other ship which remains problematic - LAKE WANAKA.
I was keen to disregard her when she docked in Singapore but she could have been delivering Teslas there and so I have been keeping half an eye on her just in case.
She is currently off the coast of Yemen on her way to Suez but has 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS yesterday.
I don't know her final destination, we haven't had any leaks from Tesla naming this ship, and we haven't even heard the 'French customer confirms..' line.
So, in summary, she is not a prime suspect but there is an argument to say that she should remain 'a' suspect.

I can confidently predict that my M3 ordered on 31/1/21 will arrive in the UK between 11-15March. Even without a VIN or EDD how do I know this?
Simple, I will be out of the country and not back until a week later. :mad:
Yep, this was true for me. I had to delay delivery for 11 days.
I was hoping I would be able to take delivery before our summer holiday but it was always going to be 50/50.
I was more clued up about the risk since I was tracking TRIUMPH ACE since she departed Pier 80 and could see it would be a close-run thing.
The email with the proposed delivery date was received just as we arrived at our holiday destination.
Tesla seemed OK about the delay and I was in the unique situation of looking forward to the end of the holiday! So much so, that we actually returned a day early to take delivery.

Yep, this was true for me. I had to delay delivery for 11 days.
I was hoping I would be able to take delivery before our summer holiday but it was always going to be 50/50.
I was more clued up about the risk since I was tracking TRIUMPH ACE since she departed Pier 80 and could see it would be a close-run thing.
The email with the proposed delivery date was received just as we arrived at our holiday destination.
Tesla seemed OK about the delay and I was in the unique situation of looking forward to the end of the holiday! So much so, that we actually returned a day early to take delivery.
I was just speaking with TA instore today and asking about this. I am due to be out of the country at the end of Feb and beginning of March. I asked how long they would be prepared to let me delay for if my EDD fell over the same period (extremely unlikely I think). She said anything up to 3-4 weeks if you're out of the country, but after that you would forfeit your place in the queue. This is good news as I had previously thought it would be a maximum of a week which could have been tight.

I would be really interested to see another Wu Wa video today showing the state of stock at the dockside in Luchao/Shanghai. Given his video of the Giga factory car park yesterday showed that they were basically done for the quarter (i.e empty), it would be good to see what is left waiting to ship in the next couple of days. Things must be dribbling to an end for Q1 now. BTW I was also given reasonable confidence by Tesla today that there was still no reason to think my car would not arrive during March (even though it has not been matched to me yet).

I was just speaking with TA instore today and asking about this. I am due to be out of the country at the end of Feb and beginning of March. I asked how long they would be prepared to let me delay for if my EDD fell over the same period (extremely unlikely I think). She said anything up to 3-4 weeks if you're out of the country, but after that you would forfeit your place in the queue. This is good news as I had previously thought it would be a maximum of a week which could have been tight.
I was told it was a maximum of a week by a TA at a store. So I don't know, I guess it depends on how close your EDD is to the end of quarter. But for a March 2022 EDD I could only delay by a week. I asked because I'm due to go on holiday on 29 March and was understandably worried.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
295BB684-38B1-4939-9863-2A85336710D7.jpeg
E7CF8138-B778-4660-9B92-C8D3FEC109C3.jpeg

I wonder if these were allready unloaded from the Hoegh Traveller. Picture taken in Nieuwpoort, about 45min drive from Zeebrugge. Near the border of France where they can’t drive on sunday (i think)

View attachment 768509View attachment 768510

I wonder if these were allready unloaded from the Hoegh Traveller. Picture taken in Nieuwpoort, about 45min drive from Zeebrugge. Near the border of France where they can’t drive on sunday (i think)
Aren't these the old models? I can see they have the chrome trim around the windows. The new 2022 models have black trim AFAIK.

Could you please tell me how many days are necessary for a ship to reach Suez from Shangai (on average without any other stops).
It obviously depends on the speed used to get there.
It's about 7150NM and at an average of 16kts it will take about 447hrs or 18.6 days. Let's call it 19 days.
Over that distance each knot will either increase/reduce the voyage by a day.

That’s going to be a bumpy night for those poor sailors holding position

As an aside, how well secured are cars on RoRos like this? Do they bump when the seas get rough?
Each wheel is chained to the deck with at least one chain, and more than one where necessary, the cars are parked super tight together and the ship crew do an amazing job at getting the cars tied down as they are loaded. The car drivers (of which I was one) are told not to think for themselves while reversing, only to follow the instructions of the crew in front of the windscreen, one hand indicates steering and the other indicates speed, another crewman is behind the car indicating the gap to the crew who is controlling the driver. Cars are parked in reverse to speed up unloading. Straps are removed by the crew prior to the drivers arriving.

That’s going to be a bumpy night for those poor sailors holding position

As an aside, how well secured are cars on RoRos like this? Do they bump when the seas get rough?
Also, Mr M. often talks about the speed of the car drivers (stevedores) but it's actually the ship's crew who control how quickly a ship is loaded, as they do the directing and chaining down, and it's the stevedores who control the speed of unloading as the crew have done their work before the stevedores arrive, the crew just oversee and open the ramp to the next deck. Usually, the un/loading process is overseen by the first officer. At least that was how UECC operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.