Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm possibly boring you all with my reminiscing now, but the most interesting part of an unload was the first deck which included plant, machines and HGV, which we also got to drive (unlicensed). One shipload on Autostar/sky/sun they decided to unload deck 2 first and I was on the second minibus, there was a strange light shining above the cars on deck 1 as we waited to board. Turns out, some one missed the ramp, drove an Astra through a chain link fence and landed it on 4 Vectras below.
Missed the ramp, went through about X

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-224728~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-224728~3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 144
I'm possibly boring you all with my reminiscing now, but the most interesting part of an unload was the first deck which included plant, machines and HGV, which we also got to drive (unlicensed). One shipload on Autostar/sky/sun they decided to unload deck 2 first and I was on the second minibus, there was a strange light shining above the cars on deck 1 as we waited to board. Turns out, some one missed the ramp, drove an Astra through a chain link fence and landed it on 4 Vectras below.
Missed the ramp, went through about X
Thanks for sharing this stuff, it is interesting

Over in Shanghai GRAND DOLPHIN is on the move into Shanghai South so I think we may see MORNING CARINA depart in the next few hours.

I'm also a little surprised that MORNING CLARA remains anchored offshore. She was scheduled to depart on 12 Feb to Australia and I was expecting her to load a significant amount of Teslas. She remains scheduled to arrive in Brisbane, Sydney (PK) and Melbourne on 27 Feb, 03 Mar and 05 Mar respectively.

Last edited:
Each wheel is chained to the deck with at least one chain, and more than one where necessary, the cars are parked super tight together and the ship crew do an amazing job at getting the cars tied down as they are loaded. The car drivers (of which I was one) are told not to think for themselves while reversing, only to follow the instructions of the crew in front of the windscreen, one hand indicates steering and the other indicates speed, another crewman is behind the car indicating the gap to the crew who is controlling the driver. Cars are parked in reverse to speed up unloading. Straps are removed by the crew prior to the drivers arriving.
Absolutely fantastic insight. Thank you for sharing!

Why is Viking Bravery still casually hanging around and not going into port to dock? Seems like a serious delay already.
Probably waiting for her harbour pilot. Southampton is now showing an 11:45 arrival time at pier 105 for her. I imagine the time of day, day of the week and the severe weather yesterday all led to the delay getting her in last night.

Anyone have any insight into how harbour pilots get on board a ship like this?

Probably waiting for her harbour pilot. Southampton is now showing an 11:45 arrival time at pier 105 for her. I imagine the time of day, day of the week and the severe weather yesterday all led to the delay getting her in last night.

Anyone have any insight into how harbour pilots get on board a ship like this?
With a pilot ladder. It’s a ladder with rope and steps… a small pilot vessel takes the pilot to the ship, they position it next to the ship where there is allready the ladder hanging. They step up at the right time taking waves and such in consideration.
They can make some effort for the amount of money they charge…😝

To my fellow Norwegians; There is a ship due in Drammen tonight at 1900 that might be carrying Teslas. City of St Petersburg. Can you confirm or deny Mr. Miserable? I'm basing my guess solely on the fact that it's arriving from Zeebrugge.

I think teslas are put on a UECC ship from Zeebrugge to Norway and you can check if your vin is aboard one of their ships on their website. I still think its a bit to early for our teslas to come to Norway since mh SA told me they will try to get the cars ready last week of Feb but it might not be until the first week of march.

Reactions: Goldey
1644823573033.png

Guess for the norwegian teslas that are on viking bravery they will hopefully be transported from Zeebrugge to drammen on one of these. AutoAdvance will also come to drammen on the 17th feb, could there be some cars from hyperion ray on this one? Still cant search for my vin on uecc so guess my car is on viking bravery.

Reactions: Goldey
View attachment 768806
Guess for the norwegian teslas that are on viking bravery they will hopefully be transported from Zeebrugge to drammen on one of these. AutoAdvance will also come to drammen on the 17th feb, could there be some cars from hyperion ray on this one? Still cant search for my vin on uecc so guess my car is on viking bravery.
Where did you find this? I can't find my vin on either uecc or the hoegh traveller. I still think my car is on the SFL Composer, but it would certainly be nice if it arrived on one of these ships you posted.

Dear All,

Good to see so many Tesla family members! Does anyone know if the deliveries for beginning og March in Denmark was on the HOEGH TRAVELLER?
If so, could i then expect the delivery to be on time? (02-16 March in Denmark). I can see it has been unloading in ZEEBRUGGE and has now departed for BREMEN, DE. Expected arrival tomorrow.

Dear All,

Good to see so many Tesla family members! Does anyone know if the deliveries for beginning og March in Denmark was on the HOEGH TRAVELLER?
If so, could i then expect the delivery to be on time? (02-16 March in Denmark). I can see it has been unloading in ZEEBRUGGE and has now departed for BREMEN, DE. Expected arrival tomorrow.
If your car is on the hoegh traveller you can check this on the website of hoegh with your vin number.
The traveller is still moored in Zeebrugge. It didn’t leave yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.