Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wait on Vin makes me crazy… I still have EDD february. Not a date, just the month.
(A red Performance Model3)
Today I managed to get in contact with a person at Tesla delivery dep.
She said that I just got a ”Soft Match” which means that I now have a 80% chance to get a match within days.
Anyone here heard of a ”Soft match”?
Crazy indeed....email said March, but nothing in my account, no idea if the car is made, allocated, no VIN.... who knows....every other new car I ordered gave me build dates and progress updates....

This wait on Vin makes me crazy… I still have EDD february. Not a date, just the month.
(A red Performance Model3)
Today I managed to get in contact with a person at Tesla delivery dep.
She said that I just got a ”Soft Match” which means that I now have a 80% chance to get a match within days.
Anyone here heard of a ”Soft match”?
That means they have sufficient vehicles of your specification to meet your order, but you haven't been allocated a specific vehicle yet.

In your case it could be something like they have 1000 red M3Ps coming and 900 orders.

I ordered my car in October and have NOTHING, no date. no VIN just a verbal suggestion of likely some time in March!! I don't know the reasons of how or why but it seems clear it's 100% all about what's best/easiest for the Tesla allocation team.
Same here dude. White/Black/19 MY to Denmark.. have no date, no VIN, just estimated delivery february (which ain't gonna happen), but my Tesla Advisor tells me that it will come in march, and I should not worry............... i am VERY worried that it wont come in this Q1........ can't wait till june for next deliveries....

Haha omg - i just checked for the 20th time today, and i just received my VIN!!! Delivery 11.-25. march!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! which ship would you guess it is on? I've ordered from Denmark.
I detect your relief and excitement..congratulations. I too monitor the sites, my tesla account multiple times a day. My wife thinks I am crazy but your message brought a smile. My day will come ..

I detect your relief and excitement..congratulations. I too monitor the sites, my tesla account multiple times a day. My wife thinks I am crazy but your message brought a smile. My day will come ..
Haha... my wife has told me at least a thousand times that she regrets ordering this car because i am too crazy about it :D I'm so god damn excited. I ordered it in october with a promised delivery in november. I sold my Audi A4 and has rented a eGolf ever since october. Then it got delayed to december, and then february, and now, finally a VIN! What a long time it has been.. but now it's getting "real" finally... :)

There goes VIKING BRAVERY again, another loop? Really can't make sense of all of this.

1645015867975.png

I think my Model Y must be on MSC Immacolata. I have been given a date of 2nd March for delivery, I asked if I could get it a week earlier but they said it wasnt going to be in Southampton. The first date it would be available was 2nd March. I dont have a VIN yet.
I think mine too, collection date 5th march at Manchester, my Vin was in the source page and has been confirm by Tesla by text message.

HELIOS RAY currently unloading in Ashdod, will now arrive in Koper on Sunday, a day earlier than originally planned.
Any chance that my car (M3LR Red/White/18") will be on HELIOS RAY if I don't have a VIN yet? I feel that it is not on this ship as I would have a VIN by now, I hope there will be another vessel arriving Koper in March.

I have ordered on September 16th from Bucharest/Romania with the initial EDD in December and verbally was told by TA that I will get it in Q1 2022.

Reactions: iorgosg
I don't think you are crazy.
It's just worst customer experience ever.
When you order a car, other constructors are able to tell you where you car is when the construction starts on the assemble chain.
It's an important information for some as we do need that car (otherwise, why ordering a car).
For me, if the delivery doesn't happen before the 4 march, it means I need to rent a car for my holidays, which is an extra 400€...

I don't think you are crazy.
It's just worst customer experience ever.
When you order a car, other constructors are able to tell you where you car is when the construction starts on the assemble chain.
It's an important information for some as we do need that car (otherwise, why ordering a car).
For me, if the delivery doesn't happen before the 4 march, it means I need to rent a car for my holidays, which is an extra 400€...
The only thing that I can think of is that they get lots of £100 orders that are not ever completed as they’re cancelled - being a RHD country they don’t want to over deliver and have stock sitting around when it could have gone to Singapore or other RHD places. So they allocate cars based on what’s built/loaded. I ordered on the 15th Jan, silver with white interior and didn’t get any notifications, I assumed it would be months out as it’s probably an unusual spec.

I decided to order the Tesla Charger and some bits from Tesla for the car two weeks back. After placing the order I got an update on the website with an EDD minutes later. Probably coincidence.

• Funny
Reactions: foxtru and Snowy77
Haha... my wife has told me at least a thousand times that she regrets ordering this car because i am too crazy about it :D I'm so god damn excited. I ordered it in october with a promised delivery in november. I sold my Audi A4 and has rented a eGolf ever since october. Then it got delayed to december, and then february, and now, finally a VIN! What a long time it has been.. but now it's getting "real" finally... :)
Consider yourselves lucky! I ordered in August with an initial estimate on December and still no VIN! I don’t know if Q1 is possible and for how much longer VINs will be allocated.

Reactions: iorgosg and rempha
Status
Not open for further replies.