Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question about shipping. When glovis condor and viking bravery is delayed like they are now, will that effect other ships aswell. My car is on Glovis condor (hopefully intact) and my guess was that it would be transfered to norway with prometheus Leader. Will Prometheus leader wait for the glovis/viking before departure?

I'm not sure that we will see any of the ships enter Zeebrugge this morning as there is a Notice to Mariners issued, as follows:

BS2022-010 Adjustment 2 P. Vandamme Lock - interruption for the shipping traffic

10/02/2022
till:
31/03/2022
Due to maintenance works the P. Vandamme Lock will be interrupted for the shipping traffic:
- On Thursday the 17th of February 2022 from 9h30 until 12h30
- From Monday the 28th of February 2022 until Thursday the 31st of March 2022, every week from Monday until Thursday from 07h00 until 12h00
Each time until the mentioned end time or as much shorter as possible or longer as necessary.
All ships (inward- and outward bound) are requested to order the necessary tugs in time (minimum 4 hrs in advance).

All RoRo's have to go through the Vandamme Lock to get to the southern harbour.

Reactions: MoSkeeto
A question about shipping. When glovis condor and viking bravery is delayed like they are now, will that effect other ships aswell. My car is on Glovis condor (hopefully intact) and my guess was that it would be transfered to norway with prometheus Leader. Will Prometheus leader wait for the glovis/viking before departure?
There is no interline agreement, and scheduled carriers do not like their schedules to be disrupted if they can help it. If Tesla miss the boat, they miss the boat. Tesla may need to charter another vessel if necessary.

The track you see shows the long legs into the weather and away from it with short turns at either end to have the ship side on for as little time as possible. If it were to stay side on then the rolling would get violent pretty quickly and that would certainly cause damage to the ship/crew/cargo.

Last 12 hours or so, wind has been coming from the west, whilst she's circling in a north-east - south-west pattern, so she's taking it pretty much full on her side for the most of the time. My thought is that she keeps moving because a ship like that, with it's huge side area, might be tougher to keep at anchor as it is to keep her moving in a straight line. A friend of me is at sea in the same area, waiting for orders, and keeping the same pattern.

For ships the size of the Viking Bravery, what are the risks from stormy weather? Does continuous movement reduce the risk of damage to the ship, vs. staying still?
The ships are ocean-going and designed to cope with weather conditions encountered globally.
All the cars are lashed to the deck - there should be no movement of the cargo.
The maximum wave height in the southern North Sea is pretty low in comparison to waves encountered elsewhere - there is no problem for the ships to be at sea in these conditions.
Given the choice the crew would rather be at sea than tied to a dockside waiting for the lines to snap. In very strong winds, the bridge will be fully manned and the engine room on standby, every Captain will want tugs standing by just in case this happens - there aren't enough tugs in Zeebrugge for every ship to have exclusive use. Loading/unloading operations will be suspended in these circumstances. Much easier and safer to stay at sea.

Likely as she is possibly the last ship for the quarter. Hoping might be onboard too!
Correction to my previous comment above... If I understand correctly, @Mr Miserable is now predicting that GRAND DOLPHIN may actually be the last ship headed for Southampton this quarter now. He reckons it will make for a very hurried final fortnight for the UK Tesla team, but its possible.

Interesting, part of me wants to change it, part wants to get it quickly. :) they just sent me two texts saying i have a day to select preferred date and time, but give me no options. :) sound like i'll see you there. :) i tried ringing them about 6, but hung up after half an hour.
Haha we are having the same experience. When I received the first text last evening, I checked the link via my phone and there were no options. Then, I received the second text telling me the same thing. After that I used the link on my computer and there I saw ACTUALLY options 😂 Option 1: March 12 anytime. Option 2: March 14 anytime. I chose my initially allocated time so no changes there 🙂

Reactions: JimmyDean
Prometheus leader is currently in Vigo, assuming that it's schedule will be subjected to the same delays, Condor and bravery will presumably still unload first

Reactions: Johnsen92
Any insights into Irish deliveries? Have had a VIN about 2 weeks (MYLR, blue, fancy wheels) but no date. I've paid up-front as well to clear that headache. Only guidance from Tesla is that I'll get the date "soon".
I got my VIN in the source code on the 7th (M3 RWD, blue). Irish delivery team told me via email last week that I could expect delivery mid-late march, Tesla chat told me on Tuesday to expect it mid-march.
Saw someone else on the forums say that their delivery date was 5 weeks after they found the VIN in their source code.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Status
Not open for further replies.