Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez another alert tonight for the RCC Classic : Proximity with Cherbourg Pilot 3.
Looks like they almost collided.
How strange is that ship 😂😂😂
I guess they slowed down in order to pickup someone "similar" to a Brixham pilot but I might be wrong.. @Mr Miserable what do you think?

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 09.06.58.png

Reactions: LegendaryName
The Hertz order is for model 3, and I'm guessing mainly in the US. All the export model Y will still need shipping from China at the least, also I think it's unlikely Chinese M3 will be exported to US, but time will tell
I don't think Fremont has the capacity to satisfy the order on it's own, so they will have to rely on Chinese imports. It shouldn't be a problem, eg all the Apple stuff comes from China.
The problem I think is whether Hertz can handle 100,000 cars delivered in a quarter - I suspect they will struggle with that, nevermind the fact that they will be EVs as well which will also require investment in charging infrastructure. Is the rental market ready for EVs on this scale? Are the franchise holders prepared?
I just hope Elon's got the money upfront.
Whatever, I shall be looking for ships heading across the Pacific from Shanghai later next month.

I don't think Fremont has the capacity to satisfy the order on it's own, so they will have to rely on Chinese imports. It shouldn't be a problem, eg all the Apple stuff comes from China.
The problem I think is whether Hertz can handle 100,000 cars delivered in a quarter - I suspect they will struggle with that, nevermind the fact that they will be EVs as well which will also require investment in charging infrastructure. Is the rental market ready for EVs on this scale? Are the franchise holders prepared?
I just hope Elon's got the money upfront.
Whatever, I shall be looking for ships heading across the Pacific from Shanghai later next month.
I thought I read somewhere that Elon stated Hertz would not have any special priority over exisiting customer orders and that affected hertz stock price?

RCC CLASSIC has arrived in Zeebrugge.

MALACCA HIGHWAY has arrived at an anchorage off Dublin. I'm not sure how long she will be held there but let's hope it won't be for long.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 18.50.22.png

I suspect that there will be no more Tesla ship movements this quarter.
For those whose cars have arrived, I hope that this thread made the wait a bit more entertaining and for those who will have to wait a little bit longer I hope you will rejoin the thread next month when I shall be looking for the next ships to depart from Shanghai with Teslas onboard.

We had 15 ships this quarter, despite the Chinese New Year, line reconfigurations and the ever present thread of COVID disruption.
In Q2 the COVID threat in China is even larger and it will be a miracle if the GF is able to maintain production unscathed. For those waiting for Model 3s Q2 will seem to drag on forever as production gets shipped elsewhere but there will still be shipments of MY to UK & EU despite Berlin finally coming online.

Last edited:
RCC CLASSIC has arrived in Zeebrugge.

MALACCA HIGHWAY has arrived at an anchorage off Dublin. I'm not sure how long she will be held there but let's hope it won't be for long.

View attachment 783556

I suspect that there will be no more Tesla ship movements this quarter.
For those whose cars have arrived, I hope that this thread made the wait a bit more entertaining and for those who will have to wait a little bit longer I hope you will rejoin the thread next month when I shall be looking for the next ships to depart from Shanghai with Teslas onboard.

We had 15 ships this quarter, despite the Chinese New Year, line reconfigurations and the ever present thread of COVID disruption.
In Q2 the COVID threat in China is even larger and it will be a miracle if the GF is able to maintain production unscathed. For those waiting for Model 3s Q2 will seem to drag on forever as production gets shipped elsewhere but there will still be shipments of MY to UK & EU despite Berlin finally coming online.
Finally the journey of my car on the sea is ended, now starts the one on the truck lol. Thanks again @Mr Miserable for the beautiful work you do here, providing information to all the fellow tesla owners waiting for their cars. Much appreciated.

Is the ship being unloaded already? any way to check this?

Reactions: Snowy77
Now that the RCC Classic is moored another story begins.
I wanted to thank all of you, especially @Mr Miserable for your kindness your help while following the shipments.
I wish you all the best.

Legendary
Have to agree. It’s kinda sad how the thread slowly fades but I suppose it means more shipments arriving. Roll on the next quarter for more excited future owners asking the same questions that we all did! Thanks to everyone for their help especially @Mr Miserable

Prometheus Leader arrived in Drammen today too, it went from Zeebrugge via 2 stops, there's a chance it was carrying some Tesla, we should be able to see in the morning when the web cam has sunlight what cars it unloaded as they are currently parked next to the ship.
Looks like Prometheus Leader has unloaded quite a lot of Tesla, but it's hard to see for sure, maybe we could have a whip around and get Drammen a better webcam? 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.