Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t even pretend that there isn’t 5% of me that’s seriously hoping Elon reads this group and decides it would be good publicity to deliver via Chinook to the playing field next to our house 🤣
He doesn't own a Chinook. He does however own some rockets. I think he is more likely to want to blast your car into outer space for eternity.
He has past form for this sort of behaviour...

Yeah I wonder just how many (a few?) RHD vehicles there were waiting at the docks to load before the lockdown. My account still says firmly JUNE 12 - 30. It's possible only LHD cars are on it, or just a handful of RHD and just passing through Southampton and Tilbury. As excited as I want to be, if I were to choose any boat there it's going to have to be the last in the queue; GLOVIS SPLENDOR. There's just nothing to ship atm. Miracle if otherwise.

Inetrested to know ETA of any of our European friends here, they may find that RCC AMERICA may hold better luck than us maybe.
Me too.. Firmly not changed since my reservation of 10-30 June.

I ordered MYLR-b/w/20. Hbu?

Yeah I wonder just how many (a few?) RHD vehicles there were waiting at the docks to load before the lockdown. My account still says firmly JUNE 12 - 30. It's possible only LHD cars are on it, or just a handful of RHD and just passing through Southampton and Tilbury. As excited as I want to be, if I were to choose any boat there it's going to have to be the last in the queue; GLOVIS SPLENDOR. There's just nothing to ship atm. Miracle if otherwise.

Inetrested to know ETA of any of our European friends here, they may find that RCC AMERICA may hold better luck than us maybe.

Im living in Sweden and so far its the same for us. Nothing has changed. It still says May but no one have recieved any vin numbers or any sort of information. I talked with Tesla here in Sweden today and raised the question about delivery in May was still a possibility with Shanghai shut down. The answer from them was a very "Tesla" response.

"We havn't recieved any information about any delays, so its still Q2 May-June. The May cars are beeing built now and when the transport start in early-mid May you will be matched with a vin number"

My reply was "How can you build cars now with the factory and the whole of Shanghai closed" but no reply from them so far.

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77 and QuanTim
Im living in Sweden and so far its the same for us. Nothing has changed. It still says May but no one have recieved any vin numbers or any sort of information. I talked with Tesla here in Sweden today and raised the question about delivery in May was still a possibility with Shanghai shut down. The answer from them was a very "Tesla" response.

"We havn't recieved any information about any delays, so its still Q2 May-June. The May cars are beeing built now and when the transport start in early-mid May you will be matched with a vin number"

My reply was "How can you build cars now with the factory and the whole of Shanghai closed" but no reply from them so far.
The only thing I can think of, is that Tesla always planned to make some in Berlin or something, its the only logical reason as to why the dates have not changed.

As they seem to update A LOT. I know it was stated they were only going to be making MYP in Berlin for now, but I don't know I guess they can change that and don't really have to disclose that to anyone?

The only thing I can think of, is that Tesla always planned to make some in Berlin or something, its the only logical reason as to why the dates have not changed.

As they seem to update A LOT. I know it was stated they were only going to be making MYP in Berlin for now, but I don't know I guess they can change that and don't really have to disclose that to anyone?

Im not really sure that they have the capacity for it with everyone waiting for a MYP atleast here in Sweden. Not a single MYP has been delivered here as of today. No one with March delivery have heard anything. Not a VIN not a pickup date or any info of sort from Tesla Sweden

Im not really sure that they have the capacity for it with everyone waiting for a MYP atleast here in Sweden. Not a single MYP has been delivered here as of today. No one with March delivery have heard anything. Not a VIN not a pickup date or any info of sort from Tesla Sweden
Same here, oh well I guess in 2 weeks or so we will probably have some more clarity regarding the situation

The GM factory there has reopened with staff sleeping at the factory so they aren’t subject to movement restrictions. I wonder if the Tesla one is also doing the same now.

• Helpful
Reactions: RPA335 and Snowy77
I've been following this thread with interest for a few weeks, but only just signed up.

Second time Tesla owner, currently with a 2019 M3P (so have been through this before), ordered a MYLR on 18/3 (still not 100% sure I've made the right decision, but hoping I have).

Very interesting getting back into tracking shipping movements again, and looking forward to seeing if RCC America proves fruitful.

My question is about EDD's, as some people seem to have a specific date range (like me), some are saying they just have a month e.g. August. Is there any rhyme or reason to this, and is it reasonable to assume Tesla wont keep updating them now until they know the production situation with Giga Shanghai, and can provide some accuracy?

I started with May 08-Jun 05, went down to May 09-May 23, and now back up to May 13-Jun 09 since 1st April.

I'm realistically not expecting anything until June/July now the way things are looking (unless they have some cars already built and ready to ship), which gives me two potential issues. 1) My trade-in value will expire. What are peoples experiences with Tesla revising trade-ins? 2) My current Tesla PCP ends in August so if it looks like delays could go that far, I will need to start thinking about paying off the balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.