Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 20.53.35.png

Southampton has disappeared. Either no UK cars on her or there’s so few that they will unload in Zeebrugge and car transport them to the UK.
Yes I heard; only one in fact, a Y : LR Red/White/ Geminis. Ordered March 2nd.......Private Lear Jet over and drive it back via Coquelles. All expenses paid and free SCing for life🥳.

...... then I woke up🥲

• Funny
Reactions: delta0 and Raj2022
Evening All! Thurs 12 May Evening Update.

First of all it's pretty clear that the 'closed-loop' plan for the Shanghai GF has failed rather spectacularly and with production down to 200 cars a day I can understand why they have shutdown again. Elon reckons its only temporary but he also said FSD by the end of the year, every year, since at least 2019 to my certain knowledge. I can't see it being a short-term thing whilst the Chinese government maintains its zero-Covid policy. Elon has suggested that Tesla may have to stop taking orders such is the amount of outstanding orders. It may be bad in Shanghai but in Fremont the rumours of record production figures are continuing to leak out. It won't be anywhere near enough to offset for the lost production in Shanghai but it may soften the blow, a teeny bit.

As a result of the situation in Shanghai it seems TURANDOT may have departed with no cars for NZ. We don't know if she loaded any for Australia but you will recall I suspected she might have a reduced shipment (Post 3555) when her itinerary changed at the end of last month. I now doubt MORNING CLARA (due to load around 22 May) will have any either. If you are in Australia I would be keen to learn what Tesla are telling you. With a massive backlog of orders from China, EU and UK, I think it reasonable to suggest that MY will not be heading to Australia anytime soon.

So whilst all eyes at the moment are on THEBEN, another ship has caught my eye - LAKE COMO. She looks like she may dock sometime tomorrow and I can't find an itinerary for her which may indicate that she is chartered. She is owned by a company that has fulfilled many Tesla charters over the years and so I am very interested to learn of her destination. She ticks lots of boxes for me, but as always, she could just head back to S Korea!

THEBEN is now enroute to Shanghai South and will probably dock on Saturday. I really really really would like to see some video of her being loaded. Really. We know her itinerary (which bugs me) and the stops look very Tesla'ish but I still do not have a 100% warm and fluffy feeling about her. A video would go some way to cast away my remaining doubts. Really.

MORNING PEACE Her itinerary is very similar to THEBEN's but not quite. There are elements of it which I definitely don't like. I don't think Tesla have produced enough cars for a start to load GLOVIS SPLENDOR, THEBEN and now MORNING PEACE so I am not at all won over on her at the moment.

Which brings me on to GLOVIS SPLENDOR. She tracked down the east coast of Taiwan and has now entered the South China Sea is presntly about 150 NM south of Taiwan. She is making just over 17 kts and is on schedule to arrive off Suez on 27 May. There are no weather issues for her over the next few days. We have all seen the video of her loading some LHD cars and the Reuters report that stated her destination was Koper. Do we believe it? The figure of 4767 cars loaded on board sounds correct and so the chances are the destination is correct also. Unfortunately we will just have to wait until she departs Suez or appears on the the Koper port schedule around 02 Jun to know for sure. There were a couple of 'wrong' facts in the same article and since Tesla does not have a PR department they will stand uncorrected. It's interesting to note that the article mentions another 4100 cars to be shipped on Friday. THEBEN arrives on Saturday but what about LAKE COMO? If she docks tomorrow.... Anyway the excitement surrounding GLOVIS SPLENDOR is intense and we have already had the first "French customer VIN allocation" post. I will take that news with a rather large pinch of salt! (or should it be a pincée de sel!)

Ships on my watch list - SWALLOW ACE. She spent 36 hrs loading in Shanghai's main RoRo terminal and I can't find an itinerary for her. She departed Shanghai yesterday bound for Suez (ETA 28 May) but is stopping for a refuel off Singapore (17 May) on the way. I'm quite interested in this ship. She's on my watch list although I do wonder where the cars are coming from - the numbers just don't add up.

BTW, I have mentioned it before but I will reiterate it, Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang etc is not exclusive to Tesla. Likewise we have seen plenty of Tesla shipments from the main RoRo terminal too.

I also forgot to mention that GLOVIS SUNLIGHT which loaded at Pier 80 has now departed Portland to Japan (Toyohashi). I can't explain her movements since Teslas for Japan are normally shipped to Yokohama.

Status
Not open for further replies.