Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems that Shanghai concentrate on LHD cars, sad for all of you guys, but as a French it makes me happy to receive my car earlier! ;-) let’s cross fingers.
Mr M must take as he says that the VIN number in France has to be taken with a pinch of salt ;-) it’s only one guy who spoke about it!!! You know frenchies!?! ;-)
I suspect it was more about the amount of vehicles made. If it was only a few ships worth then it makes sense to send them to a mixed LHD and RHD market like Europe otherwise you end up with lots of partially filled ships going all over the place. Considering they have in total made less than half the vehicles they sold in the UK alone in the last quarter then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people everywhere unfortunately.

The only thing I am clinging onto is that things may have been lost in translation. The circulating rumours of the 4726 cars shipped on GLOVIS SPLENDOR to Koper

Then alledgedly another 4100 to be shipped with UK marked for 600 of them, if this was lost in the translation as 600 of the 4726 will be shipped to Koper and then onto Southampton with the 4100 left
Never been done but this is unprecedented times

Likely wishful thinking but what else do we have until we see the ships destination after

A) Suez
B) Koper (if it does indeed go there)

I suspect it was more about the amount of vehicles made. If it was only a few ships worth then it makes sense to send them to a mixed LHD and RHD market like Europe otherwise you end up with lots of partially filled ships going all over the place. Considering they have in total made less than half the vehicles they sold in the UK alone in the last quarter then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people everywhere unfortunately.
Yes but in the other hand, the ship to Australia and NZ are shared ones, so no need to fill it up. So I think there is a very low production in RHW, but luckily they sent a bit to UK ;-)

The only thing I am clinging onto is that things may have been lost in translation. The circulating rumours of the 4726 cars shipped on GLOVIS SPLENDOR to Koper

Then alledgedly another 4100 to be shipped with UK marked for 600 of them, if this was lost in the translation as 600 of the 4726 will be shipped to Koper and then onto Southampton with the 4100 left
Never been done but this is unprecedented times

Likely wishful thinking but what else do we have until we see the ships destination after

A) Suez
From Koper to UK by train it’s one day and 2 trains ;-) so faster. It can be this way too

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yes but in the other hand, the ship to Australia and NZ are shared ones, so no need to fill it up. So I think there is a very low production in RHW, but luckily they sent a bit to UK ;-)
It’s less than 11,000 cars made so it’s very low for Europe too. Not even half the amount needed for a single country for an entire quarter of orders. I’m surprised they even bothered to make any RHD.

Yes, I find it weird that they have decided not to produce for NZ and OZ given that shipping time wise we are a lot closerthan europe,
And that may be the problem. Your cars would be produced after the European cars for that reason and by the time it came time to build yours the production shortages had kicked in and they were not able to build them.
Total speculation but one of the many possibilities.

The only thing I am clinging onto is that things may have been lost in translation.

A) Suez
Im with you on this.
Until we see something official (like a schedule) for Glovis Splendor I’m not ruling it out, just like MrM.

The media often use Twitter/Reddit/Forums as sources so we are as well informed.
Let’s see the port after Suez.

Surely all these cars can’t just be going to Europe, what about cars produced at GF Berlin? You’d like to think Shanghai would have prioritised RHD if LHD are being produced at Berlin in the long term, also with the inevitable lockdown in Shanghai.

Also LAKE COMO appears to be in Shanghai, I guess depends on next location.

My heart can’t take this much longer, I’d rather not know anything than all this false hope 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Surely all these cars can’t just be going to Europe, what about cars produced at GF Berlin? You’d like to think Shanghai would have prioritised RHD if LHD are being produced at Berlin in the long term, also with the inevitable lockdown in Shanghai.

Also LAKE COMO appears to be in Shanghai, I guess depends on next location.

My heart can’t take this much longer, I’d rather not know anything than all this false hope 😂
Berlin is making LHD MY at the moment. RHD MYP to come later this year. I’m not sure their production rate is very high yet but I’ve not looked into it for a while to see where they are currently at.

As Mr M mentioned Lake Como syncs with the suggestions that there is a shipment on Friday (today) so fingers crossed for this one!

I've a blue M3P on order with a Arval (Leasing), the car was ordered on 11 March and EDD was "End of June". Right after GLOVIS departed, my EDD changed to "First weeks of July". Which reflects the timeline of the boat docking in Koper... 🤔

ps. I'm from Italy

Moderator comment:

Please don't think I've not noticed general "order to delivery" type posts with "Ship" or "Lake Como" slipped into the text so it looks like a shipping discussion.

Can we try and keep comments to things that are material to shipping insight and the general chat in the dedicated thread for that purpose:

I say this for one main reason, people shouldn't have to read 3 or 4 pages of backwards and forwards chat on hopes and promises in order to find the actual news, insight or meaningful intelligence from this thread.

OK so this is one worth pointing out..... It's made me a little intreagued.... What do you guys think.

Here is a photo taken May 11. Two days ago.

1652435882284.png

GLOVIS SPLENDOR I hear some people say... Well...

THAT isn't GLOVIS SPENDOR, it's a different shape, the front is different, and it certainly doesn't have the usual green characteristic top of GLOVIS ships.

1652436388364.png

Could that actually be SWALLOW ACE in the photo? (or another boat we have missed)?

1652437022738.png

Now I'm curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.