Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All Monday 30 May 2022

Lots of theories being bandied around today! Here's my view:

GLOVIS SPLENDOR bound for Koper 01 Jun.
She is making excellent progress in a calm Mediterranean. She is currently west of Crete doing nearly 18 kts.
I believe she will unload completely in Koper - Tesla charter complete. She will only be carrying LHD vehicles for EU.

THEBEN bound for Zeebrugge 14 Jun. This ship was originally scheduled to call at Southampton however her itinerary was changed to Zeebrugge only before she departed Shanghai. Therefore I do not believe there are any RHD for the UK onboard (there may be some for Ireland though).
She is just about to enter the Gulf of Aden and will benefit from smooth seas from now until Suez.
Don't forget to enter the THEBEN competition! We have reached 100 entries but I have yet to remove the 2nd + entries of folk who have entered more than once (only your first entry counts!)

RCC EUROPE I'm convinced she is heading to Southampton and will arrive ~17 Jun. I think this is the only shipment to the UK this quarter.
She's encountered some choppy seas caused by a strong W'ly wind which she is driving into causing her to lose some speed. Once she is clear of the southern tip of Sri Lanka conditions should improve. She will have plenty of opportunity to make up for any lost time once she arrives in the Gulf of Aden at the end of the week.
We have the RCC EUROPE competition running as well at the moment - enter HERE!

HORIZON LEADER This is the final ship to the EU this quarter. I'm not sure whether she will head to Koper(~17 Jun) or Zeebrugge (~23 Jun). We may not find out until she exits the Suez Canal around 14 Jun. I do not believe there will be any vehicles for the UK onboard. In the meantime she is heading for Singapore for a rendezvous with refuelling barge on Wednesday.

THEMIS LEADER may have delivered Teslas to Singapore and is now enroute to Abu Dhabi (8 Jun). Hopefully the next stop after that will be Jebel Ali.

There are no other ships of interest on the horizon, and I have been looking, and so Q2 is all but wrapped up in my opinion and I know some folk will find it hard to accept that. With the easing of restrictions in Shanghai during June I fully expect production to have ramped up for the start of Q3 on 01 Jul. With the ambitious delivery targets for Q3 in mind I don't think we will have long to wait for the first ship of Q3 to depart either.

Google Map of ship locations

Links of interest

She is making excellent progress in a calm Mediterranean. She is currently west of Crete doing nearly 18 kts.
I believe she will unload completely in Koper - Tesla charter complete. She will only be carrying LHD vehicles for EU.

THEBEN bound for Zeebrugge 14 Jun. This ship was originally scheduled to call at Southampton however her itinerary was changed to Zeebrugge only before she departed Shanghai. Therefore I do not believe there are any RHD for the UK onboard (there may be some for Ireland though).
She is just about to enter the Gulf of Aden and will benefit from smooth seas from now until Suez.
Don't forget to enter the THEBEN competition! We have reached 100 entries but I have yet to remove the 2nd + entries of folk who have entered more than once (only your first entry counts!)

RCC EUROPE I'm convinced she is heading to Southampton and will arrive ~17 Jun. I think this is the only shipment to the UK this quarter.
She's encountered some choppy seas caused by a strong W'ly wind which she is driving into causing her to lose some speed. Once she is clear of the southern tip of Sri Lanka conditions should improve. She will have plenty of opportunity to make up for any lost time once she arrives in the Gulf of Aden at the end of the week.

HORIZON LEADER This is the final ship to the EU this quarter. I'm not sure whether she will head to Koper(~17 Jun) or Zeebrugge (~23 Jun). We may not find out until she exits the Suez Canal around 14 Jun. I do not believe there will be any vehicles for the UK onboard. In the meantime she is heading for Singapore for a rendezvous with refuelling barge on Wednesday.

THEMIS LEADER may have delivered Teslas to Singapore and is now enroute to Abu Dhabi (8 Jun). Hopefully the next stop after that will be Jebel Ali.

There are no other ships of interest on the horizon, and I have been looking, and so Q2 is all but wrapped up in my opinion and I know some folk will find it hard to accept that. With the easing of restrictions in Shanghai during June I fully expect production to have ramped up for the start of Q3 on 01 Jul. With the ambitious delivery targets for Q3 in mind I don't think we will have long to wait for the first ship of Q3 to depart either.

Links of interest
Its like as though Dad has showed up to keep the unruly kids in order...wisdom!

Links of interest
Good stuff Mr M,. You've given me some hope of a early(ish) Q3 delivery to the UK, now GS is ramping back up.

Links of interest
So why the uk
got vin from a so far away ship?? I think definitely you have RHD car in the glovis ;-)

So why the uk
got vin from a so far away ship?? I think definitely you have RHD car in the glovis ;-)
It's only educated guess at this point. Let's not forget Mr M was saying Glovis was destined for Southampton and Zebrugger 20 Days ago before Reuters broke the news of Koper. Also stating that Koper was usually the last EU ship of the quarter! Unchartered waters right now. Let's just see how things play out. Place your bets!

Links of interest
Thank you for your detailed report that you publish without fail everyday.. This really helps us calm our restlessness and get into an area of research which otherwise would not have ventured into.

Out of curiosity, was checking through the shipping routes between Zeebrugge and Southampton and noticed THEBEN scheduled to travel on the 26th. Maybe far fetched, but could it be a case that the vessel stays docked at zeebrugge with some RHD vehicles and sail on 26th, just before the quarter end?
FAF3D0C0-36EE-4D07-9ADE-53E2E28A7780.png

Thank you for your detailed report that you publish without fail everyday.. This really helps us calm our restlessness and get into an area of research which otherwise would not have ventured into.

Out of curiosity, was checking through the shipping routes between Zeebrugge and Southampton and noticed THEBEN scheduled to travel on the 26th. Maybe far fetched, but could it be a case that the vessel stays docked at zeebrugge with some RHD vehicles and sail on 26th, just before the quarter end?View attachment 810690
If that is a confirmed schedule I think it could although why it would hang around Zeebrugge for so long is uncertain (Shanghai, Zeebrugge, Southampton and Theban...have all one common denominator --> Tesla.

Reactions: Pajo78
@Mr Miserable , thanks again for all your updates and reality checks. Maybe, there is an iota of chance from Venus Leader, Themis Leader or Horizon Leader to stay positive :)

With the EDD stuck on May 2022, looking forward now to maybe a late June shipment. Have 2 scheduled ships to Jebel Ali from NYK in June. It is unknown if they have calls at Shanghai from the published ones and this was the case with the others this quarter. Mostly, Lyra Leader which is on anchor at Nagoya, I think. Greatly appreciate all your updates for Dubai.

Schedule
Screenshot_2022-05-31-07-35-10-30_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-31-07-36-02-77_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

Current Positions
IMG_20220531_075616.jpg

Full schedule is also attached which could give insights to AUS/NZ as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-31-07-36-02-77_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-31-07-36-02-77_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 56
  • sailing_schedule (1).pdf
    199.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Out of curiosity, was checking through the shipping routes between Zeebrugge and Southampton and noticed THEBEN scheduled to travel on the 26th. Maybe far fetched, but could it be a case that the vessel stays docked at zeebrugge with some RHD vehicles and sail on 26th, just before the quarter end?View attachment 810690
That looks great however it's not the whole story is it?
A little more digging and you would find out that after departing Zeebrugge on this voyage it goes first to Bremerhaven and then returns to Zeebrugge (to a non-Tesla dock) and then finally heads to Southampton. When in Southampton it's also using the wrong docks. The Tesla bit completed when she arrives in Zeebrugge first time round.

There are no Teslas for the UK onboard THEBEN.

I defo agree its 99% RCC Europe, due to its arrival 17th June or thereabouts.
My MYLR should be on there, I originally asked for Southampton collection to get it sooner, but when they finalised it less than a week ago its now down for collection from Staines instead, maybe due to volume of cars being less and they are moving them local for people instead...who knows!!

So I assume arrival, unload within a day , remove packaging, spit on the car and wipe in some dirt , then move by road to arrive within a week of docking in Staines where i assume they will register...maybe i will get a call saying its there a day or two earlier 🤞🤞

I did try to get it moved to an earlier collection (would be happy to get it sooner and drive to Southampton) than the booked day which is Friday June 24th but was told by Tesla that the 24th is the earliest I can collect.

At least the wait is now only 24 days and there is light at the end of the long dark Tesla tunnel :)

Thanks to Mr Miserable, the work you put in is very much appreciated !!

Hi @Mr Miserable , I just wandered what your latest thoughts are on the 'Morning Peace' please... I know you/we had pretty much ruled her out initially and then when she got diverted for repair. But I see she is now heading on her way again to Singapore a day earlier than planned and is expected into Southampton on 27th June, then Zeebrugge 29th. I also would not have normally thought much on this because the stops still don't look right as you previously called out. However interestingly yesterday when I spoke to Tesla CS, they confirmed that they were not expecting any more ships in June, but also mentioned an update pending regarding a ship that had some issues, but that was not expecting to be in June. Thus naturally peaked my interest in Morning Peace again. Although also thinking in the very small chance she is carrying Teslas, it could make for a very interesting end of quarter scramble if she does arrive with some on 27th in UK and then potentially also 29th for Europe! 😜

1654011550858.png

Hi @Mr Miserable , I just wandered what your latest thoughts are on the 'Morning Peace' please... I know you/we had pretty much ruled her out initially and then when she got diverted for repair. But I see she is now heading on her way again to Singapore a day earlier than planned and is expected into Southampton on 27th June, then Zeebrugge 29th. I also would not have normally thought much on this because the stops still don't look right as you previously called out. However interestingly yesterday when I spoke to Tesla CS, they confirmed that they were not expecting any more ships in June, but also mentioned an update pending regarding a ship that had some issues, but that was not expecting to be in June. Thus naturally peaked my interest in Morning Peace again. Although also thinking in the very small chance she is carrying Teslas, it could make for a very interesting end of quarter scramble if she does arrive with some on 27th in UK and then potentially also 29th for Europe! 😜

View attachment 810963
I don’t think she stopped at Shanghai, she went straight for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.