Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think she stopped at Shanghai, she went straight for repair.
Yep, she definitely stopped in Shanghai but at the main terminal. She was heading on her way to Singapore before doing a sharp uturn back to Korea for the repairs. It also looks like she never unloaded what ever she did take on in Shanghai from the draft records.
I think the chances are very slim, but does seem a coincidence if Tesla SA's are mentioning about ship that got delayed due to issues 🤔

Reactions: Darreno
Lots to digest today...

Evening all! Tuesday 31 May 2022

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is due to arrive in Koper tomorrow. I'm expecting her to unload completely. No cars for UK onboard.
Somebody correctly pointed out that I originally thought she was going to be heading for Southampton and Zeebrugge and it's true, I did, until the media reports said she was heading to Koper. Even then, I found it hard to believe that the first ship of the quarter would head there but then I realised she wasn't meant to be the first ship of the quarter. If the GF production plan was to forget the lost production and restart at week 18 then GLOVIS SPLENDOR wouldn't have been the first ship of the quarter but the the nth one because probably at least 2, maybe 4, ships will have already been cancelled.

THEBEN due to arrive in Zeebrugge 14 Jun. As many have spotted already, she is now apparently heading to Jeddah. This is an unscheduled stop. I suspect it's an administrative stop to pick up a spare part or suchlike. THEBEN is a Wallneuis Wilhelmson ship and their scheduled services often call at Jeddah and so they will have excellent arrangements with a port agent there. It's on the way to Suez and so it's a logical port to use for that sort of thing. They may have a pre-positioned container there loaded with consumable items / routine spares available. If that is the case then I don't envisage the stop will be very long however her ETA for Jeddah is 04 Jun which I can't believe is correct. Thinking back, Theben always had an unambitious ETA for Suez and so perhaps this unscheduled stop was planned for all along... I think an ETA for Suez of 04 Jun after her stop in Jeddah makes more sense. UPDATE Her AIS is now saying she is heading to Visakhapatnam! She hasn't turned around and so I think we can just ignore this one and perhaps treat Jeddah with a pinch of salt too! She's definitely heading to Zeebrugge though. (and no cars for the UK!)
Enter the THEBEN competition (Visakhapatnam is not an option for the competition!)

RCC EUROPE I think she is inbound to Southampton around 17 Jun. Nuff said, just make sure you have entered the RCC EUROPE competition.

HORIZON LEADER she will soon arrive in Singapore to refuel from a barge in the Straits of Singapore. I have reason to believe she is bound for Koper. I estimate she will arrive there around 17 Jun however there is a possibility she may be scheduled to arrive there on 19 Jun. I do not think she will be transporting any cars for the UK.

MORNING PEACE I'm remaining open-minded on her for the moment. There are arguments for and against her being a Tesla vessel.
At first sight her original itinerary gave the impression that she was a certainty for being a Tesla ship eg Southampton and Zeebrugge as her only destinations. Additionally her voyage number is in the same series as THEBEN's, just one up. She went kaput early in her voyage and it coincided with Tesla telling people to expect July deliveries. I like the fact that she is currently doing 18 kts on her way to Singapore and is clearly trying to make up some of the lost time.
Arguments against her being a Tesla ship were the clear intention in her original itinerary to call at Southampton's Eastern Docks (as well as the Western Docks) and to call at Canada Quay in Zeebrugge (as well as Bastenaken). This would suggest that she is not carrying a single type or brand and that is not normal for a Tesla ship. Her new itinerary does not go into details yet and just has placeholders there for the moment. Hopefully the itinerary will firm up shortly. Another argument against could be that she didn't load at Shanghai South whereas all 4 of the known Tesla charters above did. We know Teslas are loaded at both but EU/UK bound ships are now routinely using Shanghai South to load. Rumours of an MG shipment being delayed also coincided with the ship heading off to Korea. (I don't believe she is carrying MGs either because they use Bristol and I think AZUL ACE is the MG ship).
If we see another VIN frenzy and clear indications of the delivery window extending into July then I would concede that she may be a Tesla vessel, but for the moment I'll just regard her as a suspect.

Other notable movements:
Q2 was always forecast to be a poor month for EU/UK ship movements from Shanghai. It was difficult to find a good reason for the slump in numbers many were bandied around (imagine that!) and one that I bought into was that Shanghai was being roped in to help satisfy a large order eg the 100,000 Hertz order. I therefore expected to see a number of vessels departing Shanghai for the USA but of course with the lockdown that never materialised, until now. ARC COMMITTMENT, an unusual visitor to Shanghai, departed on Sunday bound for the Panama Canal. Today, GLOBAL LEADER, a ship some were hoping would head to Koper, also departed to the Panama Canal. I have been logging Shanghai ship movements long enough to recognise these as unusual ship movements. I cannot find their schedules online and therefore strongly suspect they are charters. They could of course be related to a Chinese manufacturer launching into the US market but nevertheless it will be interesting to see where they head to after Panama. Additionally, will there be more ships to follow? These 2 might just make it to a US port by the end of the quarter but it will be a close run thing, I doubt any subsequent vessels will unless they race across to the western seaboard.

Google Map of ship locations

Links of interest

Lots to digest today...

Evening all! Tuesday 31 May 2022

GLOVIS SPLENDOR is due to arrive in Koper tomorrow. I'm expecting her to unload completely. No cars for UK onboard.
Somebody correctly pointed out that I originally thought she was going to be heading for Southampton and Zeebrugge and it's true, I did, until the media reports said she was heading to Koper. Even then, I found it hard to believe that the first ship of the quarter would head there but then I realised she wasn't meant to be the first ship of the quarter. If the GF production plan was to forget the lost production and restart at week 18 then GLOVIS SPLENDOR wouldn't have been the first ship of the quarter but the the nth one because probably at least 2, maybe 4, ships will have already been cancelled.

THEBEN due to arrive in Zeebrugge 14 Jun. As many have spotted already, she is now apparently heading to Jeddah. This is an unscheduled stop. I suspect it's an administrative stop to pick up a spare part or suchlike. THEBEN is a Wallneuis Wilhelmson ship and their scheduled services often call at Jeddah and so they will have excellent arrangements with a port agent there. It's on the way to Suez and so it's a logical port to use for that sort of thing. They may have a pre-positioned container there loaded with consumable items / routine spares available. If that is the case then I don't envisage the stop will be very long however her ETA for Jeddah is 04 Jun which I can't believe is correct. Thinking back, Theben always had an unambitious ETA for Suez and so perhaps this unscheduled stop was planned for all along... I think an ETA for Suez of 04 Jun after her stop in Jeddah makes more sense. UPDATE Her AIS is now saying she is heading to Visakhapatnam! She hasn't turned around and so I think we can just ignore this one and perhaps treat Jeddah with a pinch of salt too! She's definitely heading to Zeebrugge though. (and no cars for the UK!)
Enter the THEBEN competition (Visakhapatnam is not an option for the competition!)

RCC EUROPE I think she is inbound to Southampton around 17 Jun. Nuff said, just make sure you have entered the RCC EUROPE competition.

HORIZON LEADER she will soon arrive in Singapore to refuel from a barge in the Straits of Singapore. I have reason to believe she is bound for Koper. I estimate she will arrive there around 17 Jun however there is a possibility she may be scheduled to arrive there on 19 Jun. I do not think she will be transporting any cars for the UK.

MORNING PEACE I'm remaining open-minded on her for the moment. There are arguments for and against her being a Tesla vessel.
At first sight her original itinerary gave the impression that she was a certainty for being a Tesla ship eg Southampton and Zeebrugge as her only destinations. Additionally her voyage number is in the same series as THEBEN's, just one up. She went kaput early in her voyage and it coincided with Tesla telling people to expect July deliveries. I like the fact that she is currently doing 18 kts on her way to Singapore and is clearly trying to make up some of the lost time.
Arguments against her being a Tesla ship were the clear intention in her original itinerary to call at Southampton's Eastern Docks (as well as the Western Docks) and to call at Canada Quay in Zeebrugge (as well as Bastenaken). This would suggest that she is not carrying a single type or brand and that is not normal for a Tesla ship. Her new itinerary does not go into details yet and just has placeholders there for the moment. Hopefully the itinerary will firm up shortly. Another argument against could be that she didn't load at Shanghai South whereas all 4 of the known Tesla charters above did. We know Teslas are loaded at both but EU/UK bound ships are now routinely using Shanghai South to load. Rumours of an MG shipment being delayed also coincided with the ship heading off to Korea. (I don't believe she is carrying MGs either because they use Bristol and I think AZUL ACE is the MG ship).
If we see another VIN frenzy and clear indications of the delivery window extending into July then I would concede that she may be a Tesla vessel, but for the moment I'll just regard her as a suspect.

Other notable movements:
Q2 was always forecast to be a poor month for EU/UK ship movements from Shanghai. It was difficult to find a good reason for the slump in numbers many were bandied around (imagine that!) and one that I bought into was that Shanghai was being roped in to help satisfy a large order eg the 100,000 Hertz order. I therefore expected to see a number of vessels departing Shanghai for the USA but of course with the lockdown that never materialised, until now. ARC COMMITTMENT, an unusual visitor to Shanghai, departed on Sunday bound for the Panama Canal. Today, GLOBAL LEADER, a ship some were hoping would head to Koper, also departed to the Panama Canal. I have been logging Shanghai ship movements long enough to recognise these as unusual ship movements. I cannot find their schedules online and therefore strongly suspect they are charters. They could of course be related to a Chinese manufacturer launching into the US market but nevertheless it will be interesting to see where they head to after Panama. Additionally, will there be more ships to follow? These 2 might just make it to a US port by the end of the quarter but it will be a close run thing, I doubt any subsequent vessels will unless they race across to the western seaboard.

Google Map of ship locations

Links of interest

Fantastic update, very thorough!

I’ll be hoping Morning Peace is a pleasant surprise for us who just missed out on the last round of VIN allocations.

Thank you for the update

Re: MORNING PEACE
Interesting development. Are you able to estimate when she will reach Shanghai?

Lots of eager UK customers keen to know when we can rule in/out another Uk shipment.
She's already left Shanghai - she loaded and departed there on 22 May and then she broke down.
Revised ETA Southampton 27 Jun and Zeebrugge 29 Jun
She's only a suspect at the moment - don't get your hopes up!

Reactions: Daedalus
My EDD changed today from May 2022 to July 6 - July 13, no VIN in the app but hidden VIN appeared in the webpage source code.
Model Y LR basic configuration
Order Date: 4 February 2022

Tesla advisor confirmed the VIN and the EDD but doesn't know in which ship my car is. Does this support the case of MORNING PEACE being a Tesla ship?

She's already left Shanghai - she loaded and departed there on 22 May and then she broke down.
Revised ETA Southampton 27 Jun and Zeebrugge 29 Jun
She's only a suspect at the moment - don't get your hopes up!
Oh! Understood.

Wrongly assumed she hadn’t loaded up. I think as she was at a different loading dock I might need to calm the excitement.

I guess we will find out soon.

Thanks

'In a couple of weeks' woud suggest HORIZON LEADER to me.
Not necessary, I think the nearest Tesla Dealer will receive the car maybe next week (there's a national holiday tomorrow), after receiving the car the italian car registration procedures to get a licence plate are pretty slow, it can take up to 10 working days... so it fits in the 2 weeks time line. After that there's 15-20 working days of burocracy by the Lease company... Which will lead us to late June early July, exactly as the Lease company promised delivery (first was end of June).

Not necessary, I think the nearest Tesla Dealer will receive the car maybe next week (there's a national holiday tomorrow), after receiving the car the italian car registration procedures to get a licence plate are pretty slow, it can take up to 10 working days... so it fits in the 2 weeks time line. After that there's 15-20 working days of burocracy by the Lease company... Which will lead us to late June early July, exactly as the Lease company promised delivery (first was end of June).
Registration etc is normally done while the vehicles are in transit, on the boat.

• Helpful
Reactions: CL65 and Nimrandir
Status
Not open for further replies.