Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Registration etc is normally done while the vehicles are in transit, on the boat.

No registrations are "done" while vehicles are in Transit or even when they arrive at Southampton or Tesla delivery centre or in case of personal deliveries, at buyer's home address. Registration with DVLA only occurs the day the vehicle is delivered and after the buyer signs their respective acceptance document confirming delivery and accepting of vehicle. Prior to delivery, Tesla like all automotive manufacturers receive a large preallocation of registration numbers/marks (VRN) and Tesla in turn assign these VRNs to matched vehicles but these VRNs are only registered (activated) after above occurs

No registrations are "done" while vehicles are in Transit or even when they arrive at Southampton or Tesla delivery centre or in case of personal deliveries, at buyer's home address. Registration with DVLA only occurs the day the vehicle is delivered and after the buyer signs their respective acceptance document confirming delivery and accepting of vehicle. Prior to delivery, Tesla like all automotive manufacturers receive a large preallocation of registration numbers/marks (VRN) and Tesla in turn assign these VRNs to matched vehicles but these VRNs are only registered (activated) after above occurs
I was trying not to mansplain…

• Funny
Reactions: Michael C
I would have agreed - but on the UK delivery thread, there are a bunch of folks getting VIN and Reg at the moment ..... Model Y UK Delivery (I see your point about the DVLA process, but don't fully understand)

Last edited:
I would have agreed - but on the UK delivery thread, there are a bunch of folks getting VIN and Reg at the moment ..... Model Y UK Delivery
@CL65 is perfectly correct, it’s just that most don’t need to see the cogs spinning in the registration process to feel like their collection process is advancing.

Really I just wanted to make clear that registration procedures don’t start when the boat lands, they start while the boat is at sea. This is so we don’t end up with a million “I got my reg so my car must have landed which boat was it on?” posts 😀

Reactions: ME_UK
Similar story for me. Ordered in feb and EDD moved from ‘august’ to a dated range nov-dec.

Are we really expecting no Q3 deliveries?
A glimmer of hope from Tesla SA

"In answer to your question on lead times on the website, this is because of the delays caused by the lockdowns in Shanghai. Tesla are committed to delivering as many vehicles possible as soon as possible and are determined to make up for lost time by pushing our production capacity to the maximum. I have limited information available to me regarding production numbers and shipping forecasts, but personally speaking, the lead times on the website could potentially mean more vessels could be scheduled to increase the amount of deliverable vehicles."

My Tesla advisor just called me to say that they should me able to get my car by the end of the month as in the last day! . My EDD was May but disappeared and is still blank. Says he should get my VIN next week. Looks like maybe arriving on horizon leader into koper?? (Delivery to Valencia, spain ) assuming it’s not on Glovis or it would be delivered sooner and would have a vin. Seems to fit with @Mr Miserable timeline for horizon leader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.