Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SUMMIT at the moment.
You will recall that at the beginning of the month I tipped this ship as a possible.
She was due to arrive in Shanghai earlier this week but was diverted to South Korea (crew change?) but has since resumed her voyage to Shanghai.
She is now holding in an area well to the east of the normal Haitong anchorages which makes me think she isn't heading there. Shanghai South is a possible destination for her. We know she will be heading to Europe too. Watch this space.....
Liking the look of SUMMIT. What about an outside bet on RCC AMERICA and the afore mentioned TITUS ...?

MORNING CHORUS is on her way! You can follow her voyage here Tesla Ship Tracker

Her itinerary looks like this at the moment:
Singapore (refuel) 23 Jul
Suez 5 Aug
Southampton 15 Aug
Zeebrugge 18 Aug I'm not sure whether many cars will be offloaded here.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is looking good at the moment to replace her at Shanghai South. I expect her to head to Zeebrugge (although I admit there is a chance she may head to Koper instead).

That's enough excitement for today....

Links of interest

Will any of these M3s go to Zeebrugge then Ireland after Southampton? And if so how many?
Thank you.
If GLOVIS SUMMIT heads for Zeebrugge, and we may not know that for sure until she departs Suez, then I reckon that's your ship.
I wouldn't be overly confident that MORNING CHORUS will have much to unload in Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Seaview
I don't remember hearing about plans to expand Luchao Port, or about those plans being shelved. @Mr Miserable , can you provide more details on what those plans were, or a link to the story? Does it involve building a whole new pier? If so, it sounds like a massive infrastructure project, I wonder how long that would take from approval to completion (accounting for China speed).
To be honest, I don't think the name of the port earmarked for development was ever released, and a quick google has failed to find mention of the plan. At the time I remember thinking it may be part of the Yangshan deepwater development. (which would make sense for it to be quietly shelved!)
I'll keep looking...

Glovis Summit seems to be heading to Luchao (Shanghai South). She might replace Morning Chorus once she leaves with the Tide.
She replaced it, hope to see one ship after another until the end of the august.
summit.JPG

Sunday 17 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS is approaching the Straits of Taiwan. She's battling a strong southerly wind and waves of 2.5m which is affecting her forward speed. She's currently making about 14kts across the ground but that should increase tomorrow once she enters the South China Sea. There may be the odd MY onboard but for all intent and purposes this is a Model 3 shipment of around 4500 cars. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Shanghai South. We don't know her destination but I am going to assume it is Zeebrugge. She is a much larger vessel than Morning Chorus, wider and taller, and so has an extra 15% carrying capacity. I therefore expect she could be loading around 5200 cars.
Again I'm expecting this shipment to be primarily Model 3s.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS CORONA is alongside Pier 80. Again, we don't know her destination but it is most likely going to be Taiwan.

Links of interest

A quick word about ship carrying capacities.
You may read that GLOVIS SUMMIT for example, is capable of carrying 7353 cars. It's true, but so long as those cars are 1966 Toyota Coronas which the standard measure, RT43 units, is based on (roughly 4m long and 1.5 wide). Clearly a Tesla is longer, wider and heavier and so that is why looking at the numbers alone you may think the ship is not filled to capacity.

Sunday 17 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS is approaching the Straits of Taiwan. She's battling a strong southerly wind and waves of 2.5m which is affecting her forward speed. She's currently making about 14kts across the ground but that should increase tomorrow once she enters the South China Sea. There may be the odd MY onboard but for all intent and purposes this is a Model 3 shipment of around 4500 cars. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Shanghai South. We don't know her destination but I am going to assume it is Zeebrugge. She is a much larger vessel than Morning Chorus, wider and taller, and so has an extra 15% carrying capacity. I therefore expect she could be loading around 5200 cars.
Again I'm expecting this shipment to be primarily Model 3s.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS CORONA is alongside Pier 80. Again, we don't know her destination but it is most likely going to be Taiwan.

Links of interest
It has been reported that over 7000 Model 3’s were at the port ready for export. If there are any MYs, it will be a tiny amount.

Reports include the MY production line fired up Friday, earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.