Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 22 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS has arrived off Singapore to take her refuel. She should be on her way again in about 10 hours time. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is continuing her fast transit of the South China Sea. She's doing well over 18Kts and should arrive in Singapore for her refuel on Monday. We still don't know where her ultimate destination is - Zeebrugge, Koper or even Southampton.

Suspects:

LEO SPIRIT has arrived at the southern entrance of the Suez Canal and I expect her to start her transit early tomorrow morning and be complete by about 2pm UK time. Hopefully she will have updated her AIS with destination and ETA. I hoping for Zeebrugge ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER has now entered the Red Sea and should arrive at the southern entrance of the canal on Monday evening.
I have still not found any details of her present voyage.

Back in Shanghai there is still no sign of the next ship for UK/EU.

Links of interest
Let’s hope the London bus scenario ensues….

I thought all production in the first half of each quarter was for export. How come cars for Chinese ports are being loaded in July?
Some people think Tesla set up in China to exploit cheap labour and they are completely wrong.
The GF in Shanghai was constructed primarily to satisfy the biggest EV market in the world - China.
It was never planned for it to supply all the Teslas for the EU ad infinitum, Berlin was meant to do that, and Berlin has failed miserably.
Accordingly, there is huge pent up demand in China that Tesla need to address as a priority to keep the Chinese government off its back.
This month is an unusual month for GF production - until last week they were only producing Model 3 whilst the MY production facilities were upgraded and at the moment the factory is only producing Model Y whilst the Model 3 line is reconfigured.
Next month the factory should be back to normal but with a 50% increase to its output!
That should be enough to satisfy both domestic and export requirements concurrently and smooth out the 'wave' in China as they did in the US.

It does seem that could be the case as lots of EDD have changed today indicating that shipping manifests are being produced and given that the Shanghai GF could probably churn out most of the UK backlog in a week there will be a few ships lined up.. .
It seems like my EDD is the only one not to have changed in the last month? I ordered back in February and have an EDD of Nov-Dec! Do none of the ships carry any standard M3s anymore?!

Friday 22 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS has arrived off Singapore to take her refuel. She should be on her way again in about 10 hours time. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is continuing her fast transit of the South China Sea. She's doing well over 18Kts and should arrive in Singapore for her refuel on Monday. We still don't know where her ultimate destination is - Zeebrugge, Koper or even Southampton.

Suspects:

LEO SPIRIT has arrived at the southern entrance of the Suez Canal and I expect her to start her transit early tomorrow morning and be complete by about 2pm UK time. Hopefully she will have updated her AIS with destination and ETA. I hoping for Zeebrugge ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER has now entered the Red Sea and should arrive at the southern entrance of the canal on Monday evening.

Links of interest
Let’s hope the London bus scenario ensues
London bus?
two come along …

• Funny
Reactions: Toppyawe
Friday 22 Jul 22

Suspects:

Links of interest
@Mr Miserable it looks like LEO SPIRIT just changed its destination to Livorno ...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.07.34.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10.07.34.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 111
It's disappointing to note that LEO SPIRIT is heading to Livorno in Italy as her first stop. Normally that would rule her out of the running however it's worth reminding everyone that both suspect vessels are not Tesla charters. If she is carrying Teslas she won't be unloading them in Livorno and so we'll have to see where she heads to next, hopefully Zeebrugge!

It does however focus the spotlight more on POSEIDON LEADER as possibly the prime suspect.
She's currently in the Red Sea making her way up to the Suez Canal.
If she was heading to Koper I think we would know it by now.
She should transit the canal on Tuesday resulting in a Zeebrugge arrival around 03/04 Aug. Fingers crossed.

It's disappointing to note that LEO SPIRIT is heading to Livorno in Italy as her first stop. Normally that would rule her out of the running however it's worth reminding everyone that both suspect vessels are not Tesla charters. If she is carrying Teslas she won't be unloading them in Livorno and so we'll have to see where she heads to next, hopefully Zeebrugge!

It does however focus the spotlight more on POSEIDON LEADER as possibly the prime suspect.
She's currently in the Red Sea making her way up to the Suez Canal.
If she was heading to Koper I think we would know it by now.
She should transit the canal on Tuesday resulting in a Zeebrugge arrival around 03/04 Aug. Fingers crossed.
Thanks as always @Mr Miserable

Reactions: Seaview
The first competition of Q3!....

MORNING CHORUS Competition

Where will MORNING CHORUS be at Midday UTC on 12 Aug 22?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.
EU Maj Sq.png

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in.
(I realise they aren't actually square!)

Minor Squares.png

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 05 Aug 22 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 12 Aug 22.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!
BUT please enter your real TMC forum username. Thank you

Click HERE to enter

Friday 22 Jul 22

Suspects:

Links of interest
I just found the VIN in the source code.
The digits you mentioned recently are:
607XXX
I hope that may assist you in identifying the ship. Thanks.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.