Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - I'm expecting delivery of a M3 RWD on August 24th, I'm trying to work out if this is likely to be on Morning Chorus or Titus, does anyone have any thoughts on which it could be?
Well, Morning Chorus should arrive at Southampton around Aug. 15 while Titus will arrive around Aug. 21. Depending on pickup location one could be more likely than the other, but hard to guess either way. My bet's on Titus, though.

Hi all - I'm expecting delivery of a M3 RWD on August 24th, I'm trying to work out if this is likely to be on Morning Chorus or Titus, does anyone have any thoughts on which it could be?
I had this exact same thought. My conclusion was Titus, as Mr M expects the Titus to be in Southampton on 21st August, whereas the Morningg Chorus reaches Southampton a week earlier. The transporter time would have been too long if my car was on the Morning Chorus. With yours, I’d guess the other way. But it is just that - a guess!

Reactions: alphapapa
@Mr Miserable SWALLOW ACE has just left Pyeongtaek with a 7.6 m draught and is due at Shanghai 29 July 19:00.

She is also heading our way. She is due at Portbury, Bristol Wed 31 Aug 00:01 after being a Zee (I assume this is her voyage after the current one) which I guess would have plenty of time on her current voyage to unload at Southampton and head over to Zee for 30th Aug then back to Portbury.

If she is of any interest to you.
@Mr Miserable it looks like Swallow Ace is entering the main terminal area now. At least she is heading in our direction after.

Given the video today of south Shanghai port seemingly full of mostly LHD Teslas, if any RHD Teslas have been made they could be sitting at the main terminal where she is heading. Hopefully she tickles your fancy!

Last edited:
@Mr Miserable it looks like Swallow Ace is entering the main terminal area now. At least she is heading in our direction after.

Given the video today of south Shanghai port seemingly full of mostly LHD Teslas, if any RHD Teslas have been made they could be sitting at the main terminal where she is heading. Hopefully she tickles your fancy!
I though quite a few of the RHD. Around 1:53 at least the group on the left look RHD but it’s honestly hard to say.

That's a good spot. She's now heading for Ulsan but nevertheless worth keeping an eye on.
Clearly today's revelations, which I believe to be genuine, have taken an awful lot of pressure off the research requirement for this quarter but I still think we have some UK-only shipments to identify and I'm still slightly puzzled on the low numbers for Zeebrugge considering that cars for Scandinavia traditionally stage through there.
@Mr Miserable GRAND EAGLE’s next port for the voyage following the current one has her at Zeebrugge on 27.08.2022. She is currently moored at ULSAN. Given the timing, I assume she is no longer worth watching?

@Mr Miserable

MORNING PROSPERITY is on her way to Shanghai and looking fairly empty. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

GRAND QUEST is due at Shanghai 4th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

MORNING CAMILLA is due at Shanghai 10th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

GRAND PAVO is due at Shanghai 13th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

Not sure if any of these interest you.

1659189394637.png

@Mr Miserable

MORNING PROSPERITY is on her way to Shanghai and looking fairly empty. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

GRAND QUEST is due at Shanghai 4th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

MORNING CAMILLA is due at Shanghai 10th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

GRAND PAVO is due at Shanghai 13th Aug. Cant find any forwarding schedule.

Not sure if any of these interest you.

View attachment 834582
Do you have the vessel/voyage data for Glovis Captain? According to the German news in Teslamag that seems to be the last hope for bringing my MY to Zeebrugge in Q3. ;(

Last edited:
Do you have the vessel/voyage data for Glovis Captain? According to the German news in Teslamag that seems to be the last hope for bringing my MY to Zeebrugge in Q3. ;(
Glovis captain is on her way to Singapore, then off in the direction of Shanghai.

Using mossotto list, Tesla ships to UK in Q3 ‘21 was 4 and EU was 12 and for following 3 quarters, numbers were respectively (8,12); (7,8) and (1,4). So far only 4 have departed for EU + UK in total if we include Titus which mossotto doesn’t. Q3 2022 is not looking as good as normal just on these numbers alone. Don’t remind me that positivity is a choice, I’m going on patterns and this pattern is looking poor for Q3 2022. ALSO, last sailing date tends to be 20th day of quarter middle month. So, even if no catching up of back orders happens, there should be another 9 or 10 ships minimum to get out of Shanghai headed for EU and UK in next 3 weeks. Are we all feeling lucky because the other interesting fact is that in each Normal Quarter about half of its shipments have sailed by end of the first month (that’s today). Suspect the bumper Delivery Quote was to calm down the natives. Of course, I’m hoping that I’m wrong, the various ship trackers are all very wrong and hidden ships are inbound and previous patterns give no indication of future. Let’s just see…

Last edited:
Using mossotto list, Tesla ships to UK in Q3 ‘21 was 4 and EU was 12 and for following 3 quarters, numbers were respectively (8,12); (7,8) and (1,4). So far only 4 have departed for EU + UK in total if we include Titus which mossotto doesn’t. Q3 2022 is not looking as good as normal just on these numbers alone. Don’t remind me that positivity is a choice, I’m going on patterns and this pattern is looking poor for Q3 2022. ALSO, last sailing date tends to be 20th day of quarter middle month. So, even if no catching up of back orders happens, there should be another 9 or 10 ships minimum to get out of Shanghai headed for EU and UK in next 3 weeks. Are we all feeling lucky because the other interesting fact is that in each Normal Quarter about half of its shipments have sailed by end of the first month (that’s today). Suspect the bumper Delivery Quote was to calm down the natives. Of course, I’m hoping that I’m wrong, the various ship trackers are all very wrong and hidden ships are inbound and previous patterns give no indication of future. Let’s just see…
This isn’t a normal Q. Production lines have been closed at various points.

Reactions: Toblerone
Status
Not open for further replies.