Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other variables to consider from previous Q. Giga Berlin is on-line for European production, Australia RHD shipping MY (diluting UK potential) and doubling of Giga China production....we can only guess how these will impact on UK deliveries.
Yep. The ramp at Shanghai will likely cover the downtime this Q but the additional capacity is likely for new markets. Giga Berlin will help but it’s very slow by comparison.

Does anyone remember where Morning Chorus was on her journey when they got texted a VIN? I’m trying to extrapolate to when texts for Titus might be sent out
Hi, when I got my VIN sent on Monday night this was how the tracker looked. As far as I remember, Glovis Summit had just finished refuelling so my guess is that my SR+ heading to Germany (EDD 11-23 Aug) is on her. The UK VIN activity a few days before would correspond to Morning Chorus heading off after refuelling. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 712BDBCB-5A19-43F1-A632-87477980D49B.jpeg
    712BDBCB-5A19-43F1-A632-87477980D49B.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: MS88 and Human_
Thursday 28 Jul 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

I'm still looking for the next ship to the UK. VOLANS LEADER departed to Singapore and I don't have her itinerary and so as a matter of course she is on my watch list. There is an 80% chance she will be removed from the watch list once she departs Singapore.
As already stated above, we can ignore CSAV RIO GRANDE which departed earlier from Shanghai South - she is not a Tesla ship.

The move to the right of the EDDs for Irish customers makes me once more doubt LEO SPIRIT is carrying any Teslas.

Over in San Francisco, GLOVIS SUN moved from her anchorage last night and positioned herself alongside Pier 80 in readiness to commence loading today. I still don't know her destination but it's likely to be Taiwan (possibly via a stop in S Korea).

I have a busy couple of days ahead of me (so Mrs M tells me) and so I may be off the air until Sunday.

In the meantime please enter the MORNING CHORUS competition. It's free and the less said about the prizes the better. Click HERE to enter. It's just a bit of fun!
Just found my VIN in source code a few days ago, looked it up using the provided link and can confirm it's on HOEGH ST PETERSBURG. I'm located in Norway so expecting to take delivery of mine now early September. VIN digits: C4 155

@Mr Miserable it looks like Swallow Ace is entering the main terminal area now. At least she is heading in our direction after.

Given the video today of south Shanghai port seemingly full of mostly LHD Teslas, if any RHD Teslas have been made they could be sitting at the main terminal where she is heading. Hopefully she tickles your fancy!
@Mr Miserable Swallow Ace has filled up at Shanghai’s main terminal and is now setting off to Singapore. Is it time to get excited about her!?

Some other variables to consider from previous Q. Giga Berlin is on-line for European production, Australia RHD shipping MY (diluting UK potential) and doubling of Giga China production....we can only guess how these will impact on UK deliveries.
Please note that Giga Berlin is still only confirmed producing MY Performance in white and black and only with black interiors. There have been some trial runs of LR's, single piece front castings and white interiors but no confirmed steady production runs and nothing in other colors or in RHD.

Anything else and especially RHD will not come from Berlin. For continental EU the estimate is April - June 2023 when ordering MYP in Blue for example. In the UK it still says “late 2022”.

Please note that Giga Berlin is still only confirmed producing MY Performance in white and black and only with black interiors. There have been some trial runs of LR's, single piece front castings and white interiors but no confirmed steady production runs and nothing in other colors or in RHD.
Afaik, the MY Performance line there is shut down due to 980 motor issues or something like that, so they have been producing MYLRs runs instead at the moment. But for how long, or if it’s reverted back, I don’t know.

Unless that story was complete fallacy, then ignore me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Itidiot
Sunday 31 Jul 22

I'm back but haven't quite got my feet back under the desk - lots to catch up on and so this is just a brief sitrep on known Tesla ships at sea.

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

I note that SWALLOW ACE has departed to Singapore. She will go on my watch list as a matter of course but I'm not getting a tingling sensation from her. (Nobody said this Tesla ship tracking malarky was a science!). I expect to see a departure to EU very soon (it should be RCC CLASSIC) and also one to the UK too perhaps late this week, but I don't think SWALLOW ACE is the chosen one.

For the record GLOVIS SUN departed San Francisco on Friday bound for Taiwan. I'm not expecting any further shipments from Pier 80 this quarter.

Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition!. Click HERE to enter. It's free to enter and just a bit of fun!

Links of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.