Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't confirm that yet.
I agree though that it looks like she might be heading to Shanghai South.
Mr M

Over on the Model 3 Performance thread there are now 4 of us who have delivery ranges of;

20/09 - 30/09
21/09 - 30/09
22/09 - 30/09
23/09 - 30/09

Mine being the last.

Interestingly looking at the chronology of our EDD updates it looks as if with each successive update, the range for the next person has shortened by one day. Probably coincidence!

Do you think we might all be on the same ship, and if so does this indicate the last UK bound Q3 ship might be departing Shanghai around 20-25 August?

Reactions: MS88
Mr M

Over on the Model 3 Performance thread there are now 4 of us who have delivery ranges of;

20/09 - 30/09
21/09 - 30/09
22/09 - 30/09
23/09 - 30/09

Mine being the last.

Interestingly looking at the chronology of our EDD updates it looks as if with each successive update, the range for the next person has shortened by one day. Probably coincidence!

Do you think we might all be on the same ship, and if so does this indicate the last UK bound Q3 ship might be departing Shanghai around 20-25 August?
Been lurking in the background for a while.
I also have a M3P in Blue on order, current EDD also 21/09 - 30/09. I sent an update to Frizzy DB so not sure if this already includes me.

For those in the UK waiting for MY - I am expecting a large shipment. It may have already departed (RCC ANTWERP) or is about to (GLOVIS COMPANION). Thousands of them.

For those in the UK waiting for M3 - The M3 production line has been closed for the last couple of weeks. There is still plenty of time for a ship full of M3 to arrive before the end of the quarter.

If that is your full VIN, it is an invalid VIN. I agree the check digit should be a 3.
I would check your last 3 digits of your VIN - 898 would make it a valid VIN.
LRW3E7FRØNC551989 that’s my vin, i don’t now it possible to be invalid.
I ordered 25.11.2021 en my EDD say 9.8-23.8. It’s possible that same one putting vin to me and it’s invalid?

Advised to moderators:
LRW3E7FRØNC559189

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrYman
LRW3E7FRØNC551989 that’s my vin, i don’t now it possible to be invalid.
I ordered 25.11.2021 en my EDD say 9.8-23.8. It’s possible that same one putting vin to me and it’s invalid?
I think the best thing to do is to call your local Tesla rep, they can confirm your vin if you have one, they can check with your RN. Good luck, hope it's only a typo and you get your valid vin!

For those in the UK waiting for MY - I am expecting a large shipment. It may have already departed (RCC ANTWERP) or is about to (GLOVIS COMPANION). Thousands of them.

For those in the UK waiting for M3 - The M3 production line has been closed for the last couple of weeks. There is still plenty of time for a ship full of M3 to arrive before the end of the quarter.
Regards the Model Ys, is it one or other or both ships you expect to be bringing them to UK?

My VIN also has a 0 as the 9th digit - and this VIN was sent to me by Tesla today to confirm my collection date. Perhaps the VIN format has been tweaked recently @Mr Miserable ?
There is nothing wrong with having a 0 as the 9th digit - it's a check digit.
There is an algorithm to check the validity of a VIN. It's explained here.
Unfortuneately, the VIN supplied fails the algorithm check. I checked it on a spreadsheet I have at home and that VIN fails on it too.
It would be unheard of for Tesla to make the error and so it's either a placeholder or someone has entered it incorrectly. I'm surprised because the whole purpose of the algorithm is to prevent a human transliteration error.
The algorithm is simple enough - I managed to program a spreadsheet to check VIN validity (those long winter evenings flew by...) and so professional systems that handle VINs should have it incorporated.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMSM
Thursday 04 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is currently still in the Red Sea making her way northwards to the Suez Canal where she will arrive tomorrow. I don't know why she isn't appearing on the Tracker Map at the moment but, trust me, she is still afloat and doing just under 16kts. I expect her to transit the canal on Saturday morning.

LAST CHANCE to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition! The competition closes tomorrow at Midday UTC (1pm UK time).
Click HERE to enter. It's free.

GLOVIS SUMMIT As I posted this morning, I'm having doubts as to whether Koper is her destination. Koper can be a little lethargic in updating their arrivals board but I would have expected by now the board to be accurate for an arrival on 12 Aug. I'll give it another 24 hrs....
I believed she was heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

SWALLOW ACE She is heading to Barcelona and the timing of her arrival (23 Aug) would suggest she is going direct. This is a pretty rare itinerary. The Tesla Euro shipping info leak the other week had RCC CLASSIC arriving in Barcelona on 22 Aug and so you can understand why I think SWALLOW ACE may possibly be the replacement. She is by no means a certainty but she is a prime suspect at the moment.

RCC ANTWERP departed Shanghai South for Suez yesterday. The question is whether she is the replacement for RCC CLASSIC. She has posted an ETA for Suez of 19 Aug which means she is in a big hurry. She is currently entering the Straits of Taiwan and maintaining 18kts. The fact that she is going through the Straits is a bit of a surprise. A lot of ships are noticeably giving Taiwan a wide berth at the moment. I suppose if she hugs the Chinese coast she should be fine. She could make it to Barcelona on 23 Aug if she conducts her Suez passage on the 20th and continues her sprint across the Med. Alternatively, could she be heading to Southampton? There is tremendous demand in the UK for September deliveries because a new '72 series' number plate is issued from 01 Sep. If she keeps her speed up she could arrive in Southampton on 27 Aug which is timely. A usually reliable source has informed me that the GF was probably producing MY for the UK earlier this week.

I think the clues as to which ship is likely to be the Barcelona ship will be in the VIN activity over the next couple of days. I know posts on VINs are incredibly boring but do check your Tesla account for a hidden VIN - see how to easily and reliably check in the Links of interest. It worked for me!

HARVEST LEADER is currently loading in Shanghai South for Yokohama, Japan. I think her departure must be imminent because GLOVIS COMPANION is heading in.

GLOVIS COMPANION looks like she will replace HARVEST LEADER alongside Shanghai South.
Now if we hadn't discovered SWALLOW ACE's destination I would have declared that RCC ANTWERP is hightailing it to Barcelona and GLOVIS COMPANION will be heading to Southampton. Bear that in mind. Clearly I will need to rule SWALLOW ACE out of the equation for this to be the case.

SWALLOW ACE remains a suspect, for the moment. I forgot to mention that VOLANS LEADER dropped off the watch list yesterday. SARA LEADER is the only other ship on there at the moment.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Thursday 04 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is currently still in the Red Sea making her way northwards to the Suez Canal where she will arrive tomorrow. I don't know why she isn't appearing on the Tracker Map at the moment but, trust me, she is still afloat and doing just under 16kts. I expect her to transit the canal on Saturday morning.

LAST CHANCE to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition! The competition closes tomorrow at Midday UTC (1pm UK time).

GLOVIS SUMMIT As I posted this morning, I'm having doubts as to whether Koper is her destination. Koper can be a little lethargic in updating their arrivals board but I would have expected by now the board to be accurate for an arrival on 12 Aug. I'll give it another 24 hrs....

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

SWALLOW ACE She is heading to Barcelona and the timing of her arrival (23 Aug) would suggest she is going direct. This is a pretty rare itinerary. The Tesla Euro shipping info leak the other week had RCC CLASSIC arriving in Barcelona on 22 Aug and so you can understand why I think SWALLOW ACE may possibly be the replacement. She is by no means a certainty but she is a prime suspect at the moment.

RCC ANTWERP departed Shanghai South for Suez yesterday. The question is whether she is the replacement for RCC CLASSIC. She has posted an ETA for Suez of 19 Aug which means she is in a big hurry. She is currently entering the Straits of Taiwan and maintaining 18kts. The fact that she is going through the Straits is a bit of a surprise. A lot of ships are noticeably giving Taiwan a wide berth at the moment. I suppose if she hugs the Chinese coast she should be fine. She could make it to Barcelona on 23 Aug if she conducts her Suez passage on the 20th and continues her sprint across the Med. Alternatively, could she be heading to Southampton? There is tremendous demand in the UK for September deliveries because a new '72 series' number plate is issued from 01 Sep. If she keeps her speed up she could arrive in Southampton on 27 Aug which is timely. A usually reliable source has informed me that the GF was probably producing MY for the UK earlier this week.

I think the clues as to which ship is likely to be the Barcelona ship will be in the VIN activity over the next couple of days. I know posts on VINs are incredibly boring but do check your Tesla account for a hidden VIN - see how to easily and reliably check in the Links of interest. It worked for me!

HARVEST LEADER is currently loading in Shanghai South for Yokohama, Japan. I think her departure must be imminent because GLOVIS COMPANION is heading in.

GLOVIS COMPANION looks like she will replace HARVEST LEADER alongside Shanghai South.
Now if we hadn't discovered SWALLOW ACE's destination I would have declared that RCC ANTWERP is hightailing it to Barcelona and GLOVIS COMPANION will be heading to Southampton. Bear that in mind. Clearly I will need to rule SWALLOW ACE out of the equation for this to be the case.

SWALLOW ACE remains a suspect, for the moment. I forgot to mention that VOLANS LEADER dropped off the watch list yesterday. SARA LEADER is the only other ship on there at the moment.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
Very informative Mr M as always 👍

Thursday 04 Aug 22

Sorry to do this yet again 😂 @Mr Miserable SARA LEADER is off to Jebel Ali due on 19/08 after Singapore. Then Bahrain, Dammam and Kuwait.

1659639158261.jpeg

I am due the delivery on my MY on the 23rd August from the Bluewater location, i have been given the VIN number, is there anyway of confirming the boat which its on.

VIN LRWYHCEK8NC401824
Probably TITUS

CORRECTION: Actually I think MORNING CHORUS is more likely when I see your VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: neil harris
Mod comment: the thread is drifting into and beyond the grey area of what’s really shipping. Even jokes and banter just create stuff others have to wade through needlessly in the quest to find the useful content. Please try and be respectful to others by thinking before posting as I’d prefer that over moving posts en-mass to other threads. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.