Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just spoken to Shane (Tesla) via chat. My EDD is 24-30 September for UK delivery. He has confirmed there is 1 more shipment due in mid September so I am assuming this would be Glovis Sun? He did say this is weather dependent but has said he expects I would be Q3 delivery

Attachments

• Tesla.JPG
    Tesla.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 124
There’s a ship lurking off the coast of China called Morning Cherry. Says her destination is Shanghai - is this likely to be filling with Teslas for the EU/UK market?
If you look carefully you will presently find 11 RoRos lurking off the coast.
Most of them have nothing to do with Tesla shipments.

Is there something odd happening at the Shanghai docks? GLOVIS SUN has been there for over a day and her draught is only 8.1m.

Seems like there's something else going on to me since all the GLOVIS's have been there for longer than normal

View attachment 843744
I have found that the reported draughts are sadly unreliable. There was a chap on here a year or two back who created a formula to estimate the number of cars loaded/offloaded from the draught figures. It didn't work. More accurate draught figures are shown on the Southampton VTS but as we found it can't account for ballast being used to trim the vessel. So the draught figures really can't be used to assess anything.

It takes about 2 days to load a Panamax vessel at Shanghai South.

Last edited:
Mr M when will you know more about the prospect of Glovis Sun coming to the UK?
When the VINfest starts we will have a better idea.
It useful to note the PAGENELLA is currently loading at the main Shanghai terminal - she is likely to be bound to Australia with Teslas.
This means that there will have been some recent RHD production. (The deliveries next week to Singapore also add weight to this)
It's a big step to conclude ipso facto GLOVIS SUN is bound to the UK though.

Last edited:
Monday 22 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Mediterranean and heading for Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know but I expect it to be. If however she heads to Barcelona afterwards it could be with some Teslas.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Red Sea. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter. The competition will close tomorrow!

ASIAN VISION
is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is heading initially for Singapore where I expect she will refuel before carrying on to Suez. We now know she is heading to Barcelona (09 Sep) at least initially. From the VIN activity it looks like she could then head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, departed Shanghai South for Singapore (refuel stop) . We don't yet know her destination but it is likely to be Zeebrugge, perhaps via Southampton.

GLOVIS SUN is currently loading at Shanghai South. I'm going to assume she is Tesla related for the moment and evidence of recent RHD production gives hope that she will call at Southampton. If so, she is likely to be the last ship to to the UK/NWE in Q3.

There is still time for further shipments to Barcelona/Koper. GLOVIS CRYSTAL is still lurking offshore and there are a couple of other suspects inbound too.

Regular readers will recall that I commented the other day about the lack of typhoon activity so far this season. Well that comment obviously reminded someone to create some shitty weather as something nasty is brewing north of the Phillipines at the moment. I don't think it will form a typhoon but It will position itself nicely in the path of GLOVIS SUN if she heads south.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Monday 22 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Mediterranean and heading for Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know but I expect it to be. If however she heads to Barcelona afterwards it could be with some Teslas.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Red Sea. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter. The competition will close tomorrow!

ASIAN VISION
is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is heading initially for Singapore where I expect she will refuel before carrying on to Suez. We now know she is heading to Barcelona (09 Sep) at least initially. From the VIN activity it looks like she could then head to Southampton.

GLOVIS SUNRISE, a bigger ship than GLOVIS CHALLENGE, departed Shanghai South for Singapore (refuel stop) . We don't yet know her destination but it is likely to be Zeebrugge, perhaps via Southampton.

GLOVIS SUN is currently loading at Shanghai South. I'm going to assume she is Tesla related for the moment and evidence of recent RHD production gives hope that she will call at Southampton. If so, she is likely to be the last ship to to the UK/NWE in Q3.

There is still time for further shipments to Barcelona/Koper. GLOVIS CRYSTAL is still lurking offshore and there are a couple of other suspects inbound too.

Regular readers will recall that I commented the other day about the lack of typhoon activity so far this season. Well that comment obviously reminded someone to create some shitty weather as something nasty is brewing north of the Phillipines at the moment. I don't think it will form a typhoon but It will position itself nicely in the path of GLOVIS SUN if she heads south.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
Firstly how are you liking your new wheels and secondly...do we think my 24 April order could be on either Challenge or Sunrise? It is killing me...

Monday 22 Aug 22

Those ships are:

ASIAN VISION

Monday 22 Aug 22

Those ships are:

ASIAN VISION

I hope this helps with the shipping movement information. Yesterday I received my hidden vin for a Portuguese February order for a M3LR which I Think should be on Glovis Challenge

When the VINfest starts we will have a better idea.
It useful to note the PAGENELLA is currently loading at the main Shanghai terminal - she is likely to be bound to Australia with Teslas.
This means that there will have been some recent RHD production. (The deliveries next week to Singapore also add weight to this)
It's a big step to conclude ipso facto GLOVIS SUN is bound to the UK though.
Thanks. Figures crossed! Looking across a number of threads there now seem to be a lot of 20-30/09 EDD's consistently accumulating now, myself included, and Glovis Sun seems to be the only ship remaining that fits timing wise. I' ll post you, if, I get a hidden VIN in the next 7 days!

As excited as I am for you all receiving VINs this morning, this is the Shipping Thread. Don't clog up it up for people trying to find actual meaningful shipping news. Post about it here instead - UK 2022 Orders to Delivery.

The wrath of George Symonds is forthcoming... 💀

Mod comment: what me? :) I’ve moved a number of posts as I think we’ve got the news now that there’s been a big allocation of vins this morning, I’m not sure we need each and every one of the 4000 or so that may have happened

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.