Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas where Malaysia Passion is heading after Luchao? Malaysia drives on the left, so may explain why there are RHD cars at the port if it's heading to that part of the world...
Not everything leaving Shanghai South is Tesla related although we have just seen TRANS HARMONY 1 depart to Japan and I think that was probably a Tesla shipment. MALAYSIA PASSION seems to be heading to Brunei and so I don't think that will be a Tesla shipment.

GLOVIS COURAGE is now on her way in!

Last edited:
Looking at Challenge and Sunrise being less than 48 hours apart through Suez, I wonder (given Mr M's comments earlier regarding Barcelona to Southampton) if we could see two Tesla carriers at Southampton at the same time. Is this possible? Can it happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-26 135514.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-26 135514.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 92
Hello,

I have confirmed with Tesla Iceland, that my car was in Rotterdam 19 of August. EDD is 29 August - 12 Septmeber. Does anyone know how they send vehicles to Iceland? Is it direct shippment? Thanks you in advance :)
Sounds like they intend to use the Smyril ferry MYKINES to Thorlakshofn. Next departure is on Monday and arrives on Friday 02 Sep.

@Mr Miserable not sure if this is helpful or not but just called up tesla as I have changed my collection to a delivery due for delivery 29th September. They confirmed the ship is due into UK on 27th September. Unsure what ship this lines up with.
A ship arriving on 27 Sep is really last minute. I'm not sure even Tesla can shift that many cars before quarter end.
You don't state your collection location but it's unlikely to be anywhere but Southampton.
To arrive on 27 Sep the ship would need to leave Shanghai around 01 Sep, which would imply that your car isn't even built yet.
So you'll understand that I'm a little hesitant to swallow this one.

A ship arriving on 27 Sep is really last minute. I'm not sure even Tesla can shift that many cars before quarter end.
You don't state your collection location but it's unlikely to be anywhere but Southampton.
To arrive on 27 Sep the ship would need to leave Shanghai around 01 Sep, which would imply that your car isn't even built yet.
So you'll understand that I'm a little hesitant to swallow this one.
Thanks @Mr Miserable I have a VIN number in source code and the TA has confirmed the VIN by sending a text to me and also confirmation of 29th delivery. I was originally collecting from Manchester on 29th but as a 200 mile round trip as I live in Nottinghamshire. I am getting home delivery instead.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Over in Norway, it looks like quite a sizeable shipment from China arrived in Drammen on MALACCA HIGHWAY. The usual staging area is full and another area nearer the quayside seems to have at least 150 cars (could be much more but the area is obscured). I expect the cars will remain where they are for the weekend.....

Have got confirmed delivery date of 20th September, am tremendously giddy lol.. assume providing a home address instead of the company one it was ordered won’t screw anything up, will wait for vin confirmation.

Am based near Southampton, for shipping/delivery sake.. now, to work out ship… 🥳🥳

Edit: must be Global Sunrise.. mustn’t it?

Reactions: Toppyawe
Friday 26 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug.

RCC ANTWERP docked in Koper, Slovenia yesterday with 4052 MY to unload.

GLOVIS COMPANION is now in the Mediterranean heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is loaded primarily with MY. The Southampton port schedule confirms her arrival in the Western Docks on the afternoon of 31 Aug.

ASIAN VISION has arrived at Port Kembla, Australia. She should depart to Melbourne to unload more Teslas

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is crossing the Bay of Bengal bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. It's likely that the seas will become quite choppy over the next 24 hrs until she rounds the southern tip of India.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is making her way through the Strait of Malacca enroute to Suez. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will realistically arrive around 16 Sep.

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the South China Sea enroute to her refuel stop off Singapore. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has departed Shanghai South bound for a refuel stop off Singapore. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port probably either Koper or Barcelona around 16 Sep.

TRANS HARMONY 1 departed Shanghai South for Yokohama, Japan earlier today and I suspect that this was a Tesla shipment.

GLOVIS COURAGE will very shortly dock in Shanghai South.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep.
SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep
SCHELDE HIGHWAY is currently enroute from Zeebrugge to Dublin (arr Sunday) with Teslas onboard.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.