Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody knows what Glovis Sun is doing? She's just laying there anchored for a whole day at the shore. Has she refuelled yet?
She refuelled from a tanker barge whilst at anchor. It's why I say ships are destined for a refuel OFF Singapore - they don't actually dock.
Anyway, she's on her way to Suez now.

Some intel from BCN port:
The 2nd (and last) ship that will come at Barcelona port, is Glovis Courage. With 4500 cars. and it will arrive the 20/09.
So Glovis Challenge will arrive the 9/9 and Courage the 20/9.

Looks like BCN port is preparing a delivery area too, to deliver the cars at the port, so most probably they will do again what they did at the end of Q2.
Thanks for posting this.
The dates for GLOVIS COURAGE fit with my calculations.
Sounds good to me.

• Love
Reactions: crisredfi
Monday 29 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS COMPANION is heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is currently heading north off the coast of Portugal. She is loaded primarily with MY. The Southampton port schedule confirms her arrival in the Western Docks 31 Aug PM however I reckon it will be the night of 31 Aug maybe even the early hours of 01 Sep. She is not due to depart until midnight on 02 Sep which suggests to me that she will fully unload here, despite the fact that she is departing to Zeebrugge.

ASIAN VISION's arrival in Melbourne has been delayed but she is now finally on the move again and should dock in a couple of hours time.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. Sea conditions are better than forecast at the moment and appear to be improving all the time. Hopefully she will be able to maintain speed throughout her crossing of the Arabian Sea.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is now passing to the south of Sri Lanka and her increased speed confirms that she moving into better weather. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will arrive around 16 Sep.

Do enter the GLOVIS SUNRISE competition! It's free and just a bit of fun to make your wait a bit more interesting. Enter HERE

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN has completed her refuel and is now about to head off to Suez. Her ETA for Suez is currently 10 Sep but I hope she may try and arrive there on 09 Sep. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is running 48 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN and will arrive for her refuel stop off Singapore on Wednesday. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port, probably Koper around 16 Sep.

GLOVIS COURAGE has now departed Shanghai South and is heading for a refuel stop off Singapore. It looks very likely that she is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep.
SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

I too have no idea what this ship is doing. The loss of the St Petersburg route suddenly injected overcapacity into the expanding KESS schedules and it seems that KESS were in no hurry for this ship to return to Europe. She was sent on a voyage to S America prior to this and just because she is heading to Singapore it may not be an indication she is heading to Europe since she could be just as easily be heading to the Gulf. The Far East is a very profitable area to operate a RoRo at the moment.
There is huge demand at the moment for RoRos to Europe especially from Chinese manufacturers. MG, BYD,Xpeng and NIO see an opportunity to introduce their new EVs to the EU market whilst the traditional players have production lines at a standstill and expanding wait times tempt buyers to look elsewhere. It can be an costly operation to break into a new market but at the moment the huge demand and a discount-free environment is making it a golden opportunity. RoRos are heading to the Far East empty to satisfy the shipping demand.
All very good points, she seems pretty slow at 15knots, but it could be due to weather I guess. According to Vessel Finder she is due at Suez on pm of 16th Sept.
A few other Kess ships are just moored up in Gdansk Poland, is that a service location do you know, or a home port maybe?

Monday 29 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS COMPANION is heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She is currently heading north off the coast of Portugal. She is loaded primarily with MY. The Southampton port schedule confirms her arrival in the Western Docks 31 Aug PM however I reckon it will be the night of 31 Aug maybe even the early hours of 01 Sep. She is not due to depart until midnight on 02 Sep which suggests to me that she will fully unload here, despite the fact that she is departing to Zeebrugge.

ASIAN VISION's arrival in Melbourne has been delayed but she is now finally on the move again and should dock in a couple of hours time.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. Sea conditions are better than forecast at the moment and appear to be improving all the time. Hopefully she will be able to maintain speed throughout her crossing of the Arabian Sea.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is now passing to the south of Sri Lanka and her increased speed confirms that she moving into better weather. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will arrive around 16 Sep.

Do enter the GLOVIS SUNRISE competition! It's free and just a bit of fun to make your wait a bit more interesting. Enter HERE

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN has completed her refuel and is now about to head off to Suez. Her ETA for Suez is currently 10 Sep but I hope she may try and arrive there on 09 Sep. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is running 48 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN and will arrive for her refuel stop off Singapore on Wednesday. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port, probably Koper around 16 Sep.

GLOVIS COURAGE has now departed Shanghai South and is heading for a refuel stop off Singapore. It looks very likely that she is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep.
SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.
Many thanks @Mr Miserable , I have a pick up scheduled for 13th at Manchester with a 425 VIN, which most likely means Glovis challenge, does that still seem possible with Glovis Challenge arriving BCN on the 9th of sept?

Auto Achieve, which was docked next to the Hoegh St. Petersburg, has recently changed its destination to Drammen. Will be interesting to see if they managed to cross-load the cars that arrived Zeebrugge sunday.
I don't know whether there has been some sort of holiday over in Norway but Tesla have been in no rush to move the cars off the dock that arrived on the last ship from Zeebrugge - there are still lots to move!

Mr M,

Want to check if you visibility into which ship might be carrying Tesla to UAE- Dubai. Lots of us here have delivery EDD from 30th Aug -13th Sep, received the VIN as well, but couldn’t find ship details in any forum.

Hence checking

Status
Not open for further replies.