Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "P" between the 6 and C is the (model) year, and P is 2023. Until a few years ago this was the year of manufacture, but they've now started with a light touch model year with production usually starting in November so if your VIN is a built car, thats pretty early. It may be (sadly) that 2023 model year is a sign of no parking sensors.

........................V
LRWYGCEK6PC539XXX

The C also confirms China build
I've heard that the removal of parking sensor started in october 2022. The VIN allocated recently, even if it concern 2023 model have been manufactured in September 2022... so not so sure about the sensor removal (got my VIN yesterday in France (LRW3E7FSXPC657XXX)

I'm trawling through this thread to try and find out if anyone has yet confirmed that there is a ship en-route to the UK for November/December deliveries of the MYP? I have the chance to change to MY LR as the Tesla site is saying these are due but P now Jan-Mar. It's so confusing???

I'm trawling through this thread to try and find out if anyone has yet confirmed that there is a ship en-route to the UK for November/December deliveries of the MYP? I have the chance to change to MY LR as the Tesla site is saying these are due but P now Jan-Mar. It's so confusing???
No UK-bound ship en route as far as we know. But we are expecting one any day based on recent drone footage (of RHD MYs waiting in Shanghai) from WuWa.

Reactions: Millenium101
Rough timescales working backwards from an assumed Q4 EDD:

Assuming 23rd November to 9th December EDD.

Car arrive in UK 21st November to 7th December.

VIN Assignment between 22nd October and 7th November assuming 4 weeks period before EDD.

Assume 30 day journey from Shanghai so 22nd October to 7th November ship leaves port.

Cars take roughly 5 days to load (based on other ships loading).

So ship docking and movement expected between 17th October and 2nd November for UK bound cars.

So looks like an interesting 3 weeks for UK bound cars.

The above timeframe appears to be most realistic for UK bound cars given the latest port footage suggests a mixture of RHD cars that appear to be for the UK. We can see with the timescales involved to ship to the UK, that an EDD before 20th November is not going to be practically possible baring any shipping docking in the next day or so. We can also see December EDDs being more realistic at this stage.

Hope this helps and all just estimates.

I also received VIN in the source code. LRWYGCEK8PC540xxx. Original order date is 16.04.2022 and basic specs (white/black, gemini, no hook). I was surprised it's coming from China as they produced a lot of them with the same specs in Q3 in Giga Berlin. EDD is now Oct 31 - Nov 16.

Edit: Höegh's VIN search doesn't find it so I guess it's on Glovis Supreme or Deneb Leader.

Last edited:
I also received VIN in the source code. LRWYGCEK8PC540xxx. Original order date is 16.04.2022 and basic specs (white/black, gemini, no hook). I was surprised it's coming from China as they produced a lot of them with the same specs in Q3 in Giga Berlin. EDD is now Oct 31 - Nov 16.

Edit: Höegh's VIN search doesn't find it so I guess it's on Glovis Supreme or Deneb Leader.
Deneb Leader is off to Oman. It's on Glovis Supreme or Grande California.

Reactions: Hippy

It won't be DENEB LEADER - she's off to Dubai

Reactions: Hippy
Over in San Francisco, HELIOS RAY has, as expected here, anchored in the Bay.
I know elsewhere on the internet there has been a lot of excitement about this ship because it looks like cars are arriving on the dock at Pier 80 in preparation for an imminent shipment but our SF dog walker says there is nothing on the board at the moment.
As I have stated previously I believe HELIOS RAY will not dock at Pier 80 and after her RV with a tanker to a refuel will continue her voyage to Shanghai.
So if not HELIOS RAY? I have my eyes on GRAND RACE.
Could it be the anticiapted Modes S/X shipment to EU? I don't know. (Our dog walker's window is not near the docks).

Last edited:
Reactions: MrHopsing
Status
Not open for further replies.