Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding shipments from Berlin, this video by Tobias Lindh provides some information:
This is a logistics hub run by a company called CAT Automobillogistik. It is located southwest of Berlin about 50km from the Tesla factory. The company has several hubs in Germany including one near Bremerhaven.

It seems that many if not all MiG Teslas go through this hub. The video, published on October 10, shows about 500-600 Teslas at the hub.
It looks like they have the exclusive rights to move black or white Teslas.

My EDD and im sure a lot of others, include Christmas, (my window closes 26december)
I presume they are not delivering cars on Christmas day, but it seems unlikely that the EDD does not take the holidays into account.

Do we think they will be delivering on Christmas eve or boxing day? Its possible I guess, lots of offices and things are open on Christmas Eve and lots of retail is open Christmas Eve and Boxing day....
I would take a scroll through last year's posts if I were you.

I have had a look through the December end of the 2021 shipping movements thread, but as last year it seems to have been very inactive compared to this year (only 293 pages), I have not been able to find any real answers to this.

Would someone mind filling us in with more detail on whether Tesla make UK deliveries during the holidays, Christmas Eve / Boxing day etc.

With so many EDDs reported around this time, I am sure its not just me who would find this interesting and useful.
I don't wish to be rude but this is the shipping movements thread.
You are asking on the wrong thread.

Summary: Sunday 30 Oct

GRANDE CALIFORNIA has docked in Koper. She apparently has 5000 Teslas to unload (724 MY, 4276 M3)
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 50 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
HOEGH TROOPER should dock in Taicang tomorrow and I expect she may load some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge (10 Dec)

Tropical Storm Nalgae has weakened slightly as it crosses the Phillipines but it is still forecast to develop into a typhoon by Tuesday as it crosses the South China Sea. As a result of the storm the South China Sea is already pretty rough at the moment and as expected HOEGH TRADER is in no rush to head south at the moment. She looks as though she is planning to pass to the east of Taiwan and pass behind the storm.

GRAND RACE has departed Mokpo for Pyeongtaek. When she departed Pier 80 her AIS destination was originally Taipei, then it changed to Pyeongtaek and then it changed to Mokpo. On that basis perhaps her next stop will be Taipei.
NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

I think we may see at least one more ship to Southampton this quarter. At the moment I'm tipping MORNING CELLO (ETA Southampton 6 Dec) but that can still change. She should tip up at Shanghai South on Tuesday. Another shipment to the UK is still possible after her...

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.
Summary: Sunday 30 Oct

Glovis Summit is supposed to go to Bremerhaven for 18 Nov, after leaving Southhampton. You may add this information.

• Disagree
Reactions: Danzr

Glovis Summit is supposed to go to Bremerhaven for 18 Nov, after leaving Southhampton. You may add this information.

The trip after Southampton is unlikely to be Tesla related business so that’s why the information hasn’t been in Mr Miserable’s reports. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: Danzr
I received a VIN (source code) on Friday evening for delivery of a RWD Y to Denmark. Estimated date on the Tesla app is 15-29th Nov. This was after the delivery estimates for everyone were removed since they were so bad/often changing wildly. Tesla centre said the next one will be accurate. So here’s hoping this one is accurate…
Thought I’d share that here fwiw.

Does that suggest that Glovis Summit will need to leave Southampton on the 16th? If so then she must get into Southampton a couple of days earlier to offload? MYP deliveries before the 18th??

Does that suggest that Glovis Summit will need to leave Southampton on the 16th? If so then she must get into Southampton a couple of days earlier to offload? MYP deliveries before the 18th??
It's an ETA - estimated time of arrival. Therefore it's due INTO the dock on the 16th.

Tesla have told me that I should have my car in Glasgow (the other end of the Uk) in 4-5 days tops but to give a week in the worst case.

You are right, my bad. Bremerhaven is not used by Tesla.
Bremerhaven is used by Tesla, but so far only for cars made in Berlin.
I wouldn't be surprised if cars destined for Scandinavia from Shanghai were crossloaded here but I don't think we have seen that happen yet.
GLOVIS SUMMIT however will be empty of Teslas when it departs Southampton.

Reactions: ROTA
I received a VIN (source code) on Friday evening for delivery of a RWD Y to Denmark. Estimated date on the Tesla app is 15-29th Nov. This was after the delivery estimates for everyone were removed since they were so bad/often changing wildly. Tesla centre said the next one will be accurate. So here’s hoping this one is accurate…
Thought I’d share that here fwiw.
Probably on HOEGH COPENHAGEN then.

Probably on HOEGH COPENHAGEN then.
I thought so too, but when I ran a search on Hoegh auto liners website nothing was found. Not sure if that means it is definitely not on that ship, or perhaps the vin needs to move from a hidden to visible vin first But I’d think that was unlikely.
It remains a mystery :)
Could the ship stopping at Southampton in a couple weeks move on to Zeebrugge? I’m guessing that’s where cars are unloaded for the Danish market?

Status
Not open for further replies.