Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got of the phone with Tesla and they confirmed my car now is in Europe. I suspect my car was on SUPREME and is now sitting in Barcelona dock waiting for transportation. They told me "it should be delivery ready by the 23/11", whatever that means. Over three weeks seems like a very long time to get the car to Stockholm and make it ready for delivery.

LRWYGCEK7PC540XXX

I just got of the phone with Tesla and they confirmed my car now is in Europe. I suspect my car was on SUPREME and is now sitting in Barcelona dock waiting for transportation. They told me "it should be delivery ready by the 23/11", whatever that means. Over three weeks seems like a very long time to get the car to Stockholm and make it ready for delivery.

LRWYGCEK7PC540XXX

That fits. Loads of Nordic VINs appeared in source early October. This coincided with SUPREME’s departure from Shangai. Then Tesla started messaging that cars are on their way the next few days after SUPREME docked in Barcelona. It’s weird but it seems pretty solid that the Nordic shipment is part of the SUPREME dump.

My VIN LRWYGCEK8PC538XXX and EDD 25.11-9.12, but my TA said 5.12-16.12. Finland. So similar range to yours

From SUPREME arriving in BCN to the delivery windows announced by TAs across the nordics is 5-7 weeks and yes it’s looong. Maybe there’s a ship picking them up from BCN and then OSL->GOT->CPH->Hanko? By lorry to Zee, then ship to Nordics? Drive each car individuallly up north? You guess is as good as any of us in the same boat here in the Nordics. Big respects and brownie points for the one to figure this one out.

Summary: Monday 31 Oct

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA Contrary to my report yesterday, she did not dock in Koper until this afternoon. She apparently has 5000 Teslas to unload (724 MY, 4276 M3)
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 55 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
HOEGH TROOPER is currently alongside in Taicang and I expect she may load some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge (10 Dec)

Nalgae is now a category 1 typhoon and is slowly moving across the South China Sea towards Hong Kong . HOEGH TRADER is slowly advancing south to the east of Taiwan with the intention of passing behind the typhoon. This could be a delicate balance because I note another storm is forming to the SE of the Phillipines that may follow the same route as Typhoon Nalgae. The aim of HOEGH TRADER will be to slip past between the 2 storms.

GRAND RACE has now arrived in Pyeongtaek. When she departed Pier 80 her AIS destination was originally Taipei, then it changed to Pyeongtaek and then it changed to Mokpo. On that basis perhaps her next stop will be Taipei.
NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

MORNING CELLO is currently anchored off Pyeongtaek but I note MORNING CHORUS is now on her way to Shanghai. Is this a switch?
Some of you may have noticed that MALAYSIA BRAVE seems poised to dock at Shanghai South. If she does I'm not expecting her to load for EU/UK since she seems to confine herself to the waters east of Suez. Then again, I could be wrong!

Quite a few “book collection“ texts today for MYPs in UK. Strangely a lot of the first available dates for collection around the UK are last week in November / early December, over a week after Glovis Summit ETA (25/11 was first slot in Southampton itself). Does that sound normal, or are we actually looking at a later ship?

1. Anybody found their car on the Hoegh Copenhagen? If so, was it a 2023 model?

2. Also, if your car is on a Hoegh ship, will your VIN search on their website always show it?

3. Lastly, I think the Grande Abidjan is owned by Grimaldi Lines, the Glovis Summit by Hyundai Car Carriers and the Viking Queen by Gram Car Carriers. Can’t find a way to search for your can with a VIN with these companies though - anyone know any more than me?

Cheers!

1. Anybody found their car on the Hoegh Copenhagen? If so, was it a 2023 model?

2. Also, if your car is on a Hoegh ship, will your VIN search on their website always show it?

3. Lastly, I think the Grande Abidjan is owned by Grimaldi Lines, the Glovis Summit by Hyundai Car Carriers and the Viking Queen by Gram Car Carriers. Can’t find a way to search for your can with a VIN with these companies though - anyone know any more than me?

Cheers!
1. Yes and No (2022)
2. Yes, as far as I can see.

Reactions: LukeWDK
Quite a few “book collection“ texts today for MYPs in UK. Strangely a lot of the first available dates for collection around the UK are last week in November / early December, over a week after Glovis Summit ETA (25/11 was first slot in Southampton itself). Does that sound normal, or are we actually looking at a later ship?

If it’s a later ship, that would beg the question “where are all the Glovis Summit cars going?”

I think (and hope) the flurry of activity today is for the cars on Glovis Summit. There are no ships docking into Southampton before this, so I think all the collections being booked are for cars arriving on Summit.

What I find odd is the collection dates are a week after summit docks at Southampton, I.e my collection date is the 24th from Southampton. The day Europe docks, that seems too logistically challenging to have collections from a past ship on the day another ship docks. I’m wondering if summit is model Y’s only or not heading to Southampton.

What I find odd is the collection dates are a week after summit docks at Southampton, I.e my collection date is the 24th from Southampton. The day Europe docks, that seems too logistically challenging to have collections from a past ship on the day another ship docks. I’m wondering if summit is model Y’s only or not heading to Southampton.

I wondered this too - i was told by Tesla it would be 4/5 days max from Port to Glasgow .. My delivery date is 16 days later .. not that i'm complaining, at least i have one now :)

Reactions: dajw2793

It take a good 2/3 days to load the ship I think, and that’s with a load of cars lined up on the dock ready to roll on. So would imagine unloading and moving out the way of other incoming ships will take just as long (if not longer). Then I’m guessing there’s some form of collection prep to be done.

I’m just assuming that though - I’m sure someone with more experience on the matter could chime in.

This is not an issue.

Reactions: rowedav
Status
Not open for further replies.