Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable Eternal Ace off to Singapore now. Possibility?
ETERNAL ACE is bound for the Gulf, so is of no interest to us in EU/UK. There is no indication at the moment that Dubai are expecting another shipment and so she is not even a suspect carrier for Tesla at the moment.

I monitor all the RoRo movements at the various Shanghai docks as a matter of routine and if I see a movement of interest I will feature it in my daily summary. Additionally it's worth remembering that not every ship that calls at even Shanghai South will be on Tesla business. In that sense I provide a filter which is not provided elsewhere on the internet which seem to just list ships without bothering with any research whatsoever.

Last edited:
MORNING CELLO should depart Shanghai South later this afternoon (UK time) and it looks like her arrival in Southampton has now been brought forward to 04 Dec. Although she is not yet confimed to be a Tesla carrier (she is likely to already have some Korean cars onboard) I think it highly likely that she will have loaded several thousand Teslas. We shall see.....

Last edited:
I must admit, I'm rather confused.

At around the time we would normally expect a VIN shower, we got one and correlated it to Glovis Summit for entirely predictable and explicable reasons. I was included in this VIN shower. However, days later, when people were getting VIN showers for what we thought was RCC Europe, a number of us reported being offered delivery dates for far longer after Glovis Summit is planned to dock (and we think it may be early!) than we might expect, with the earliest being after RCC Europe has docked!

Have I misunderstood something in the normal timeline from ship docking to collections/deliveries commencing, or is this an unusually long pause? If it's unusually long, does it perhaps indicate a change in working practices with Tesla, or are we all barking up the wrong tree with ships?!

I think you're probably correct that the Morning Cello is on Tesla business. I had a chat with a TA Today and they confirmed that my EDD is still December 2022. I haven't yet been assigned a VIN, but they said they expect to be assigning a lot of vehicles over the next 3-7 days. I guess that would tie in with them assigning vehicles on the Morning Cello?

I think you're probably correct that the Morning Cello is on Tesla business. I had a chat with a TA Today and they confirmed that my EDD is still December 2022. I haven't yet been assigned a VIN, but they said they expect to be assigning a lot of vehicles over the next 3-7 days. I guess that would tie in with them assigning vehicles on the Morning Cello?
Same here, tesla have confirmed I'll get a text from them in the next week or so for an early December delivery. Mines a lease so I'm completely in the dark. OD 22 June.

MORNING CELLO has departed Shanghai South earlier than I expected.
She is heading initially to Singapore (almost certainly for a refuel) ETA 09 Nov.
Although her ETA for Southampton has been brought forward to 04 Dec there remains scope for that to be brought forward, by several days.
Watch this space....
Any likelihood of SUMMIT being early to Southampton? See it says 2 days to suez currently

I was told that MV RCC AMSTERDAM
Arriving in Ashdod 8.11
With model 3 2,922
I don't recall you telling me this.
For days I have been fishing for this information and I have suggested it in my daily summaries. ie Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper?
This is an invitation for you to tell me what you have just posted!
Anyway, so we are now looking for RCC AMSTERDAM to transit the Suez Canal on 07 Nov, arr Ashdod 08 Nov and arr Koper 12 Nov.
Now is it possible to unload 3000 cars at Ashdod and still make Koper on 12Nov? I don't think so. If RCC AMSTERDAM exits the canal and routes direct to Koper she will arrive on 12 Nov.
I can no longer check the Ashdod port arrivals website.
I'm not convinced that RCC AMSTERDAM is going to Ashdod. Who told you she was?

Reactions: Alicjush
Lease here too, so I feel your pain, absolutely no communication! Although I'll feel bloody lucky if I do get it in Dec. I only ordered mine on 11th October.
I too feel your pain, I also have my July order through my work lease company. They won’t give me any info other than “we was told December“ and Tesla live chat won’t tell me much other than “ask your lease company”. I just hope I do get the car in December otherwise I’ll be looking at March judging by how Tesla operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.