Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, im hopeful, but it feels like its going to get in way too early for our EDDs. Theres close to two weeks between its arrival and the opening of my EDD, and it sounds like some peoples are even later than mine...
Maybe I'm too high on hopium but Mr M suggested the ETA is ambitious.
Edit: maybe the shipping ETA is as accurate as Tesla's EDD???😉

Edit edit: my EDD is 2nd Dec to 17th.if it arrives 4th December , unloads then gets up to Glasgow the ETA seems reasonable

Last edited:

Edit edit: my EDD is 2nd Dec to 17th.if it arrives 4th December , unloads then gets up to Glasgow the ETA seems reasonable
Bainsy seems to think theres a chance. My thinking is, if there were no more ships planned, our EDDs would not be showing end of december. Surely they will know months ahead how many ships there will be, so if there is no chance at all due to no ships planned, the EDD would have moved by now.

Also, a new AWD Y ordered today is showing jan to march EDD, so that suggests there are a lot of cars coming.

I am going to remain optimistic at least for the next week or so.

Curious on people’s experience - if a ship gets in early what’s the chances of Tesla moving a pickup date forward ?

MYP on Glovis Summit (presumed) which arrives on 15 Nov (effectively) but my pickup date is nearly 2 weeks later in Manchester

In your professional opinion and with your shipping experience, whats your honest prediction, put us out of our misery lord Miserable!
Tesla UK have no idea what will be loaded on to the ships. The GF produce whatever is best for them at the time.
Yes they can see what colours and other atttributes have a backlog of orders but when they are produced is down to the GF.
The GF don't produce the EDD. It's at best a stab in the dark.
The exception, and only exception, is when there is a new model eg Model S/X when the quarter of delivery won't be far off.
Those of us who took delivery of Model 3 back in 2019 know all about the vaguaries of EDDs.
On the plus side Tesla are delivering unlike other well known marques.

Curious on people’s experience - if a ship gets in early what’s the chances of Tesla moving a pickup date forward ?

MYP on Glovis Summit (presumed) which arrives on 15 Nov (effectively) but my pickup date is nearly 2 weeks later in Manchester
This is the reason Tesla are not keen on providing more shipment information.
it's also why the next Tesla cashflow moneyspinner will be Tesla Prime!

But aren’t the VINS and collection dates issued whilst the ships are travelling to their destinations? So unless you get a text within the next 2 weeks you probably won’t be hitting those EDD’s

Given my EDD is 23rd Nov - 9th Dec (and yep, I get its an estimate but its been pretty solid for a while) I thought I'd had some notification by now, and that I'm based in Southampton and multiple ships heading this way. I called Tesla today and they didn't give me any info other than it could be as short as 1 week between notifcation and collection..... No hidden VINs obvs

Given my EDD is 23rd Nov - 9th Dec (and yep, I get its an estimate but its been pretty solid for a while) I thought I'd had some notification by now, and that I'm based in Southampton and multiple ships heading this way. I called Tesla today and they didn't give me any info other than it could be as short as 1 week between notifcation and collection..... No hidden VINs obvs
Feel your pain. Exact same EDD for a few weeks now, but no sign of a car.....

Reactions: SPurr82
Status
Not open for further replies.