Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A sh**load of VINs (incl. mine) were assigned in France during the night.
Looks like it came from the GLOVIS SAFETY too, so she could have both LHD and RHD.
If Southampton is her first stop, I’m guessing only Zeebrugge could be next?

Seems unlikely yours is on Safety, if your EDD window opens before the boat arrives. I have exactly the same EDD range with a hidden vin (found yesterday) and im assuming its on Europe. With so many cars arriving at Southampton in short time, you have to assume there is some kind of ground handling logistics related hold up that could easily mean it will take a week or so for the cars to get to the delivery locations (i dont know this for sure, im just assuming that 15,000ish cars will take a while to move on transporters that only take eight cars each, especially since some delivery locations are a nine hour drive away)

There seemed be lots of EDD tighten on Friday evening (UK) and hidden VINs appear - I think this would fit with Safety being in the water 4-5 days. I think the VINs from Europe dropped a couple of weeks back?

I did speak Tesla last week and they said I was still yet to be matched to a car.

It looks like only certain ships you can check if your VIN is on them???

Reactions: Scott Osborn
For all concerned about VIN batch number. This may explain why some VINs today are below those we have seen over the past few weeks.
Just thinking on this. So maybe when the vin appears is a better guage of what ship our cars might be on? Mine dropped Friday afternoon which maybe suggests Glovis Safety? It's a silly thing but I'd like to track the ship my car is coming on!!

Reactions: Bal83
GLOVIS SUMMIT competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O2 and within its Minor Square 11​

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Knix (O2 6) who was just 36 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @M3UK (N2 15) who was a mere 41 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Smong (O2 7) who was 65 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 7
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 339 NM off target.

GLOVIS SUMMIT competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O2 and within its Minor Square 11​

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Knix (O2 6) who was just 36 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @M3UK (N2 15) who was a mere 41 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @Smong (O2 7) who was 65 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 7
If you had chosen that combination, which 2 people did, you would have ended up 339 NM off target.
Wow, didn't see that coming. I thought I had underestimared how far it would get since I thought it was pretty far along last time I checked yesterday.

So out of curiosity the people seeing their hidden VINS over the last few days have you also had a text from tesla? I cannot see my order because it’s a lease car and so if you haven’t had your texts yet then there’s always a possibility my hidden VIN exists and a text could be imminent.

Summary: Sunday 13 Nov

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov. She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 23:30 on 14 Sep. Competition results announced earlier today.
GRANDE ABIDJAN ETA Southampton 16:30 16 Nov.
HYPERION RAY ETA Barcelona 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov. The RCC EUROPE competition is now closed with just 44 entries. According to my calculations I think she has the potential to arrive in Southampton several days ahead of schedule.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She is currently refuelling off Singapore. She can still make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec but she will need to race to Suez.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Recent VIN shower seems to confirm her as a likely Tesla carrier.
G POSEIDON is currently loading at Shangai South. Destination will be EU, probably Koper or Barcelona.

Currently I have my eye on GLOVIS SUN - she looks like she may be heading for Shanghai South.

Still no obvious S/X shipments to EU spotted.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

So out of curiosity the people seeing their hidden VINS over the last few days have you also had a text from tesla? I cannot see my order because it’s a lease car and so if you haven’t had your texts yet then there’s always a possibility my hidden VIN exists and a text could be imminent.
I feel your pain June 28th order and been told by Tesla December.

I feel your pain June 28th order and been told by Tesla December.
I got a hidden vin on Friday (big moment) and I have not had any texts yet from Tesla. One thing I noticed, is the text under the EDD has changed to say 'We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon', previously it said they would be in touch once a vin was assigned.

I also spoke to Tesla using live chat and the operator confirmed I had a vin, and said they would be in touch to arrange delivery before the 24th of November...

Summary: Sunday 13 Nov

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov. She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 23:30 on 14 Sep. Competition results announced earlier today.
GRANDE ABIDJAN ETA Southampton 16:30 16 Nov.
HYPERION RAY ETA Barcelona 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov. The RCC EUROPE competition is now closed with just 44 entries. According to my calculations I think she has the potential to arrive in Southampton several days ahead of schedule.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She is currently refuelling off Singapore. She can still make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec but she will need to race to Suez.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Recent VIN shower seems to confirm her as a likely Tesla carrier.
G POSEIDON is currently loading at Shangai South. Destination will be EU, probably Koper or Barcelona.

Currently I have my eye on GLOVIS SUN - she looks like she may be heading for Shanghai South.

Still no obvious S/X shipments to EU spotted.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Is there any update on the next Koper arrival?

Status
Not open for further replies.