Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable i am not sure if this is relevant for anything but my EDD is 2-17 December, I have a vin confirmed by Tesla and have booked collection on 15/12 at 1000 from Southampton.

I asked for an earlier collection if possible and was told the ship with my car on it doesn’t dock until 14/12. Not quite sure that I was given the truth but didn’t want to argue the point too much. Hope this helps.
The problem with this is that for a ship to arrive on 14 Dec, it won't have left Shanghai yet.
The fact you have a VIN suggests to me that your car is already at sea, probably onboard GLOVIS SAFETY.

Reactions: Danny_F
@Mr Miserable , quick questions regarding shipping. My VIN was assigned on 20th of October, which I think lines up for my car to be aboard glovis sumit. But something doesn’t sit right with the ship arriving in the morning, and my delivery date being the 29th, is it standard practice to take 2 weeks to get the car from Southampton to the customer?
It can happen - it depends where you are.
GRANDE ABIDJAN VINs were probably allocated at the same time and that ship won't arrive until late on the 17 Nov.
The cars are unloaded from the ship and then they go through preparation before loading on to car transporters.
If Q3 is anything to go by, Tesla are taking care to get the cars properly prepped and the delivery/handover process is now a smooth unhurried process.
I experienced the original Tesla handover in 2019 with my M3 and the latest Q3 method with my MY and, trust me, it's worth waiting for the new handover.

The problem with this is that for a ship to arrive on 14 Dec, it won't have left Shanghai yet.
The fact you have a VIN suggests to me that your car is already at sea, probably onboard GLOVIS SAFETY.
Thanks @Mr Miserable, I thought that they were making that up to try and fob me off.

I shall call again in a few days and see if I can get an earlier collection date, but doubt I will have any success.

35AD1BFD-30BA-4A2B-AD4D-4F82BC7EE0D7.png

Glovis Summit sailing past Berth 46 at Southampton

Link to snippet from live feed ✂️ Glovis Summit with Tesla’s Arriving At Southampton

Last edited:
Her departure details from Southampton:

View attachment 874651
Got a reply now. He was told by Tesla in Trondheim that his car is on HORIZON HIGHWAY. So I would assume that all cars for Scandinavia that were on GLOVIS SUPREME is now on HORIZON HIGHWAY. Guess they could be transferred in Bremerhaven or in Zeebrugge, both HH and UECC ships for Drammen stops both places.

Got a reply now. He was told by Tesla in Trondheim that his car is on HORIZON HIGHWAY. So I would assume that all cars for Scandinavia that were on GLOVIS SUPREME is now on HORIZON HIGHWAY. Guess they could be transferred in Bremerhaven or in Zeebrugge, both HH and UECC ships for Drammen stops both places.
Correction, UECC stops both places. Conflicting information whether HORIZON HIGHWAY stops in Zeebrugge, but if not the cars could be transferred in Bremerhaven. Was unable to edit previous post.

The Bay of Biscay is quite rough at the moment and by the looks of it GRANDE ABIDJAN has decided to run with the seas for a while.
It's quite unusual but it could allow the crew a smoother ride whilst conducting some work on deck for example.
Otherwise I'm struggling to understand her present course.
Is she intending to divert into Santander for some reason or other?

Reactions: JamiePP
Status
Not open for further replies.