Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now chartering ships like this cost Tesla big bucks and as part of his corporate responsibility Elon will be obliged to sign-off on large payments like this before they are made. In fact as Tesla grows he must spend an inordinate amount of his time authorising payments to suppliers. Now I'm not saying it's Elon's fault however he has been preoccupied elsewhere lately....
In the past, the ships started to move again during Texas business hours. So if Texas is closed don't expect any movement until Texas opens again next day. This why I don't expect there to be any movement from these ships in the morning.

Do you think Elon has to personally authorise payments to suppliers (unless they run into the hundreds of millions)? Isn't that something he would have delegated to CFO Zack Kirkhorn or others?

Do you think Elon has to personally authorise payments to suppliers (unless they run into the hundreds of millions)? Isn't that something he would have delegated to CFO Zack Kirkhorn or others?
Lol there’s no way Elon is sitting there and transferring money. Tesla will have people responsible for monies and banks involved too, money in escrow accounts and the companies in charge of escrow release money upon delivery.

Can anybody estimate anything wise regarding the whereabouts of my incoming S Plaid?

I have an EDD of (December) 3rd to 17th (...changed from 9th to 23rd some days ago).
Destination: Denmark.

No VIN in source code.
  • `is_vin_assigned` is `true`
  • `vin` is empty
  • `isNotMatchedToRa00Vin` is `true`
My estimate for MXP is 30/11 - 7/12, I didn't receive a VIN in the back-office, but I have the VIN as I was in copy of the papers sent to my insurance

Looks like Carrera is on the move again, highest speed I have seen since she stoped and the course seams to be set on Gibraltar

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_191223.jpg
    IMG_20221123_191223.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: dominic_decoco
Looks like Carrera is on the move again, highest speed I have seen since she stoped and the course seams to be set on Gibraltar
Whilst I agree she has sped up, she is still very much in her established holding area.
I really do hope she resumes her voyage within the next 6 hours or so because after that, because of Thanksgiving, she may be sitting there until next Monday afternoon.
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 18.33.28.png

Reactions: dominic_decoco
Is there evidence out there that would suggest Elon is a micro-manager?
Is he the type of bloke that delegates effectively and practices established good management techniques?
As I have said previously, we have seen ships idling for days before.
He then has the audacity to complain about the cost of shipping and how Tesla is struggling to find ships to charter.
I have a suggestion but I suspect the damage is done.

Reactions: Astrape
My pickup is 7th December at Trafford. I asked if it was on Glovis Safety and they said no its on a different vessel but will only arrive with them on 5th. Must be on RCC Europe! Is 2 weeks usual for docking in Southampton to pickup?
Seemingly yes…my wait is 2 weeks for the assumed ship docking and that’s for pickup in Southampton. Finally ends on Saturday!

Summary: Wednesday 23 Nov

A quick reminder we still have 1 competition open at the moment: GLOVIS SAFETY It will close on Friday.

RCC EUROPE
ETA Southampton ?? She is currently pulled over in Lyme Bay.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge ?? She is currently pulled over off the Spanish coast near Marbella.

My concern is that if these ships don't resume their voyages today they may be holding until next Monday afternoon because of the Thanksgiving holidays in the US. Once the issue is resolved, CARRERA is in a position to resume her voyage straight away and so that is the one I will be watching. The good news for RCC EUROPE is that at this time of the year there are not many cruise ships operating out of the Western Docks and so getting a berth should be easier than it would be in the summer. If she does have to wait she will move to the Nab anchorage. At the moment she has a tentative booking for a berth tomorrow Friday afternoon and I hope she will be able to use it.

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She has successfully made up the lost time and is now on schedule!
Don't forget to enter the competition! Enter HERE 33 entries so far! I would normally expect over 100. It's free to enter.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship. (Figures revised upwards after discovery of GRANDE ABIDJAN loading figures )
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec
DONG A GLAUCOS My guess is she is heading for Koper. ETA~11 or 12 Dec but she is in a hurry. She's making 20kts.
PULAU TIOMAN is almost certainly another Tesla vessel. She has departed Shanghai South for Yokohama, Japan ETA 24 Nov
HOEGH SHANGHAI confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec.

I'm keeping an eye on COURAGEOUS ACE which looks poised to head into Shanghai South.

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Dep Baltimore 07 Dec arr Zeebrugge 18 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.