Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOEGH TRANSPORTER is averaging about 14kts when she should be averaging around 16kts. So at the moment she is behind schedule.
If she is able to speed up over the next few days she will make up for lost time.
At the moment however she has encountered some rough weather with waves of up to 10m high. The seas should subside for her tomorrow but I suspect that will only be a temporary respite as more heavy weather is on the way. It may end up with her sprinting up the English Channel next week when the seas are calmer. So she may end up arriving on 03 Dec but there is still a chance that she can make up for lost time and arrive on schedule.
As always, thanks for the great info!
Hopefully she arrives safely and on time

I was in Southampton today and I was really hoping to be able to see RCC Europe, but I had to leave before it came in. What I did see though were six transporters of Teslas heading towards London, and a bunch of empty ones heading back to Southampton.

COURAGEOUS ACE has departed Shanghai South and is sadly of no further interest to us.

What is interesting is THEMIS.
She is currently inbound to Shanghai and her itinerary has caught my eye:

Arr Koper 24 Dec
Arr Barcelona 30 Dec
Arr Southampton 07 Jan

Now this must be a little more than coincidental.
We shall see.....

Update: A reliable source tells me that the Southampton visit is definitely not Tesla related. That was quick!

Reactions: Digital Jock
COURAGEOUS ACE has departed Shanghai South and is sadly of no further interest to us.

What is interesting is THEMIS.
She is currently inbound to Shanghai and her itinerary has caught my eye:

Arr Koper 24 Dec
Arr Barcelona 30 Dec
Arr Southampton 07 Jan

Now this must be a little more than coincidental.
We shall see.....

Update: A reliable source tells me that the Southampton visit is definitely not Tesla related. That was quick!
And what about Barcelona? Not tesla related either ?

HOEGH TRANSPORTER is averaging about 14kts when she should be averaging around 16kts. So at the moment she is behind schedule.
If she is able to speed up over the next few days she will make up for lost time.
At the moment however she has encountered some rough weather with waves of up to 10m high. The seas should subside for her tomorrow but I suspect that will only be a temporary respite as more heavy weather is on the way. It may end up with her sprinting up the English Channel next week when the seas are calmer. So she may end up arriving on 03 Dec but there is still a chance that she can make up for lost time and arrive on schedule.
Is the estimated arrival in Zeebrugge 6 dec. for Hoegh Transporter on your link "tesla ship tracker" an automatic calculation based on actual low speed because rough weather or made by the Shipping company?

Is the estimated arrival in Zeebrugge 6 dec. for Hoegh Transporter on your link "tesla ship tracker" an automatic calculation based on actual low speed because rough weather or made by the Shipping company?
The tracker uses the current speed of closure to calculate an ETA, so it won't be that accurate.
The ship is still estimating to arrive on 02 Dec however I think 03 Dec may be more likely.
I expect to see her sprinting up the English Channel

Summary: Sunday 27 Nov

CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 28 Nov She should arrive tomorrow. (ie a day earlier than her ETA when she left her hold off the Spanish coast)
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in the Med enroute to Tarragona, Spain with an ETA of 28 Nov - a day later than scheduled. This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 03 Dec.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115. She should shortly reappear in the Red Sea.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and continues to maintain a brisk pace.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
DONG A GLAUCOS Barcelona ETA 13 Dec. She is not dawdling.
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec. She is maintaining a leaisurely pace
HOEGH SHANGHAI ETA Zeebrugge 23 Dec Confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec. Currently refuelling off Singapore.

I can't find any likely future candidates for shipments to UK/EU in the near future...

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Running a little behind schedule at the moment due to weather out in the North Atlantic, and will probably dock on 03 Dec. Conditions are improving though which may allow her to make up some time.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note another slightly revised schedule Dep Baltimore 10 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

You can follow the progress of the ships on the map here. This is updated by satellite and is therefore using the most accurate information available.

@MrMiserable. Today my local SC confirmed my hidden VIN and delivery date 24th Dec and told me my battery was at 70 per cent. I think they mentioned THRUXTON, which I checked is a RORO but it doesn’t appear on this thread. is this one we don’t know about ? I was expecting it to be CELLO or GLOVIS SAFETY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.