Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.20.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can always look at any of the software update logging sites. I just always put Tesla and the version number in a search.

It seems to be on about 7% of the vehicles right now.

Did you try removing the phone from the Bluetooth on the car, removing the car from the Bluetooth on the phone and repairing?

I have 2023.7.20 (11.4.4) and it also has that problem. It works as a Bluetooth key, but no other BT features work because it fails connect. If I remove and reinstall it works again, but next time I get in the car it has the same problem.

Both my iPhone and Android work great with 2023.7.20.
In both my Model Y and Model 3
I've been working from home (and not driving) all week so I went out to check. Once again, it won't connect to my iPhone. It's in the device list, but connect fails. The car unlocks fine with the phone. I've also restarted the phone. I haven't yet tried rebooting the car (2018 Model 3), but will next time if I think about it.

If it quit working for everyone we'd have seen a huge stink. So, not surprised most cars work. However, I suspect some change on recent releases in combination with some set of circumstances, is causing this to fail. But just a guess since the phone BT is not having problems with other devices, and hasn't had it's software updated recently.

Last edited:
I've been working from home (and not driving) all week so I went out to check. Once again, it won't connect to my iPhone. It's in the device list, but connect fails. The car unlocks fine with the phone. I've also restarted the phone. I haven't yet tried rebooting the car (2018 Model 3), but will next time if I think about it.

If it quit working for everyone we'd have seen a huge stink. So, not surprised most cars work. However, I suspect some change on recent releases in combination with some set of circumstances, is causing this to fail. But just a guess since the phone BT is not having problems with other devices, and hasn't had it's software updated recently.

Have yOu tried opening Bluetooth settings and making sure it's connected

Don't worry about the key function, they are completely different things that work very differently.

So, after a reboot of the car, the BT connection did work the next time I got into the car. Still have to see if it persists.

So just updated to latest version of software 2023.20.9

Totally killed the regen power… now I’m forced to use brakes which almost seems diabolical to start making people replace brakes and rotors

Before I would never touch the brakes 99% of the time now forced too unless I want to brake from a mile away

This is getting disgusting at these car manufacturers having this sort of power over your vehicle

So just updated to latest version of software 2023.20.9

Totally killed the regen power… now I’m forced to use brakes which almost seems diabolical to start making people replace brakes and rotors

Before I would never touch the brakes 99% of the time now forced too unless I want to brake from a mile away

This is getting disgusting at these car manufacturers having this sort of power over your vehicle
Mine is unchanged…. Did the pedal setting get changed for you?

Mine is unchanged…. Did the pedal setting get changed for you?
No stayed the same no settings changed, before it used to be as soon as I let go super aggressive regen like hit your head to the dashboard kind, now it just coasts barely applies anything.

It’s like I have to relearn how to drive the car again, it also seems highly inconsistent sometimes it applies more sometimes almost nothing, even with the brake if no regen setting

Almost got into an accident before when cars abruptly stopped and regen wasn’t there as usual