Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK HW3 Y LR with no USS (and obviously no FSD), received 2023.44.30.2 this morning.

Had a quick try with the park assist. I wouldn't call it mind blowing based on that 1 test but I was testing it before the sun had come up and in light rain. It was already a million times better than what we've had since June.

Good day to you all, my first posting here on TMC so forgive the noobness.
I have 2 2015 P90DL both with upgraded MCU-2, as they sit in my driveway at this moment they both have the 2023.44.30.4 waiting to install, my question is why should I? After reading these post it seems none of the new items are for my vehicles. So I will elect to wait for a while, probably after the holidays.

Anyone with the new park assist, how well does it work at night?
Havenā€™t used it in the dead of night but I had a quick try at about 8am this morning which is still pretty dingy. I actually think it will work fine at night because the cars lights are plenty bright enough for the cameras to see close up.

I have more open questions about how it will work in rain, particularly when leaving a place before airflow has had chance to clear any lenses.

I do like the way that it blends painted lines and surface texture changes with the proximity information. Weā€™ve got a gravel driveway that blends in to grass and it quite clearly picks out the texture change.

c51478e9-4ddd-4047-b5f2-2e4eda88cad5.jpeg