Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't even get fart-on-lock to work. Thought it would be childish to get t'other half to take it to work tomorrow with reindeer sleigh and fart-on-lock pre-configured.

Initially thought it was because the lock sound is disabled (in the main menu), but enabling that disables the option in the Boombox menu, and then enabling that option disables it in the main menu. It will make the sound when selecting the different options, just can't get it to persist. Can't bring myself to do a two-button-reset just for this, though.

Of course. Except when your speed creeps up and you don't notice, or the speed limit flip-flops from 30 to 20 to 30 .. and so on. Far too easy to get caught out inadvertently.
long ago I started using cruise control as often as I could as I found it to be the best way to prevent myself from speeding. Now that I own a Tesla I find it even more necessary - the slightest twitch of my foot and I'm going 30 mph over the limit!

I don't know how tight they are in the UK but here in the states most people drive 5-10 MPH (8 -15 km/h) over the limit, depending on where you are. I set my cruise control for 4 MPH over as one will virtually never get a ticket for that and it's served me well.

Speed cameras have now appeared on my map after a couple of hours after the update
Well… Motorway speed cameras are non-existent unless they are average speed cameras.

Cameras appear on normal roads but on the dark map they appear as a very insignificant looking orange blob, very much like the icon for a restaurant. Same colour and size. No audio or visual warnings. Very easy to miss. Kinda pointless in its current format.

Just completed a drive from Manchester to Gatwick and experienced no less than 11 phantom braking issues. Most, just slow downs when passing cars (not lorries) and a couple of hard brakes, all in excellent visibility. I’m of the opinion that for my car (2019 3P), this is as good as it’s going to get. It’s been this bad for 8+ months.

Hmmmm.
44.30.4 in
Release notes say nothing about speed cameras. No notification about speed cameras as well while driving past one (navigation was enabled).
Yeah my .4 update never listed speed cameras in the apps patch notes link you get next to the button to start the update, but when I checked the release notes from the link at the bottom of the app home page it lists it.

Not had a drive today so no idea if it's working or not, might see tomorrow.

Installed 2023.44.30.4 this morning on my 2023 MY RWD. First impression: park assist is good, it’s essentially a greyscale birdseye view. Apple Podcasts is really good, much better experience than Spotify podcasts. Blind spot monitor works well. Sound on lock is fun. Speed cameras seem to be hit or miss, appeared for one fixed camera, but not another on the route. Alternative routes appear on the map when en route, but in most cases weren’t helpful.

Noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference with Autopilot, the cabin camera seems to be used a lot more to monitor the driver. If you’re distracted for even the shortest time, for example changing track on your phone etc, you almost immediately get the red alert to pay attention. I had my first ever forced disengage after about 20 mins on the motorway. My driving was no different to how I’ve driven on AP over the last 5k miles, so shows the sensitivity is much higher. Whilst it’s obviously a positive thing, as it drives safer etc, I think it’s going to get very frustrating.

Last edited:
Thing is this Autopilot Jail should only apply in the US as warranted by NHTSA rules.
Our EU rules are strict enough so they didn’t had to implement this. Unfair.

On another topic, I’m still stuck on 44.30.2 that has downloaded yesterday.
Anyway to force the refresh to .4?

30.2 - I'll keep this version of the auto wipers please, much the best in light-medium rain
EAP lane changes much better
Offered parallel parking for the first time in ages (on the right so maybe a USA hangover)
I remain convinced that we're running on the FSDb codebase for a few versions now as the behaviour is very different, this version is way better
That spy in the cabin can do one

Hmmmm.
44.30.4 in
Release notes say nothing about speed cameras. No notification about speed cameras as well while driving past one (navigation was enabled).

So not sure.

But blind spot indicator is nice, plus it beeps if you are starting maneuver and car is in blind spot good addition
And as with others, cameras appeared couple hrs later.

Notification almost invisible, really, and I wonder of there is voice notification!? Tesla navi is muted in my car

Installed 2023.44.30.4 this morning on my 2023 MY RWD. First impression: park assist is good, it’s essentially a greyscale birdseye view. Apple Podcasts is really good, much better experience than Spotify podcasts. Blind spot monitor works well. Sound on lock is fun. Speed cameras seem to be hit or miss, appeared for one fixed camera, but not another on the route. Alternative routes appear on the map when en route, but in most cases weren’t helpful.

Noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference with Autopilot, the cabin camera seems to be used a lot more to monitor the driver. If you’re distracted for even the shortest time, for example changing track on your phone etc, you almost immediately get the red alert to pay attention. I had my first ever forced disengage after about 20 mins on the motorway. My driving was no different to how I’ve driven on AP over the last 5k miles, so shows the sensitivity is much higher. Whilst it’s obviously a positive thing, as it drives safer etc, I think it’s going to get very frustrating.
That's why cabin camera is blocked in my car.

Significantly less nagging.. so far

Reactions: MikeeUK
Well… Motorway speed cameras are non-existent unless they are average speed cameras.

Common on variable speed limit gantries. You can even see them flash when car on opposite carriageway just got caught. Often highly visible car side of gantry or less visible embedded behind the gantry signage.

Also some fixed speed cameras on sticks in various areas. They don’t even look like cameras, just metal poles with a small box on. Often just grey coloured so not particularly visible.