Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ummm... how do you enter waypoints?!
there is way to re-arrange or remove start and end points, but you cannot add intermediate points... :/
Are you in the right version of App? I needed to update to latest.
IMG_1740.png

FYI the trip planner in the mobile app is already there, go to Location and navigate to somewhere then there's an Edit Trip link that lets you enter waypoints and send it all to the car.

Mobile App v4.27.5 on iPhone, Car on 2023.44.1
A word of warning, what you send on the app isn’t necessarily what will be planned in the car - in my case the app suggested certain charging stops and the car suggested something completely different

A word of warning, what you send on the app isn’t necessarily what will be planned in the car - in my case the app suggested certain charging stops and the car suggested something completely different
my guess is that it sends the location to the car and the car then uses the most recent traffic and supercharger use information to plan the route.

FYI the trip planner in the mobile app is already there, go to Location and navigate to somewhere then there's an Edit Trip link that lets you enter waypoints and send it all to the car.

I wish it had a bit more flexibility/capability to SELECT SC’s along a route plan.. but I also wish that for the in car nav, and we don’t have that yet either.

You can actually select a SC as a destination.
Well, of course… but over say a 600-700 mile route I’d like to be able to prioritize or select specific SC’s and not simply have the conservative Tesla NAV present only the SC’s that it decides it wants to. Certainly not the ones which are best or preferable to the driver. Fortunately, we still have ABRP

I have been anxiously awaiting this App update for this very reason. In addition, the App lets you alter the starting SOC of the vehicle (important part of planning for instance if you expect to charge to 100% prior to departure).

Indeed, the new App (4.27.5) does indeed support this which is excellent, BUT

I was very disappointed to find that the "send to vehicle" function does NOT include the waypoints and dumbly only the final destination is sent (completely ignoring any of your desired waypoints). This is a disconnect with a half-assed function that is not integrated between the App and the Vehicle. What is the point of being able to map out a route with the desired waypoints on the App, but you can't send it to the vehicle ???

Can anyone else confirm or deny my findings? I am running 2023.44.1 on the vehicle.

Well, of course… but over say a 600-700 mile route I’d like to be able to prioritize or select specific SC’s and not simply have the conservative Tesla NAV present only the SC’s that it decides it wants to. Certainly not the ones which are best or preferable to the driver. Fortunately, we still have ABRP
In these cases I plan en route. Such trips have ample time for planning and the occupancy of superchargers changes so planning ahead of time only gets you so far. (Figuratively and literally)

We routinely do that, in the car's Navigator.

For example, going West from Atlanta on I-20 the Navigator routinely schedules a stop at the downtown Birmingham V2 Supercharger.

So we add a stop at the Leeds V3 Supercharger, at the Bucees just East of Birmingham.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I have been anxiously awaiting this App update for this very reason. In addition, the App lets you alter the starting SOC of the vehicle (important part of planning for instance if you expect to charge to 100% prior to departure).

Indeed, the new App (4.27.5) does indeed support this which is excellent, BUT

I was very disappointed to find that the "send to vehicle" function does NOT include the waypoints and dumbly only the final destination is sent (completely ignoring any of your desired waypoints). This is a disconnect with a half-assed function that is not integrated between the App and the Vehicle. What is the point of being able to map out a route with the desired waypoints on the App, but you can't send it to the vehicle ???

Can anyone else confirm or deny my findings? I am running 2023.44.1 on the vehicle.
Haven’t tried personally but maybe you need to wait for the car software version to catch up. Seems like the .25 release is coming next week according to Tesla

Would be happy with some sort of better 'surround' view when trying to park - I find it a curiously difficult car to park.

The 'Blind spot' feature - the red edge of the pop-up picture is ok-ish. But as other people have noted elsewhere - Finding out someone is is your blindspot, only when using the indicator is far from ideal. I would have tought just flashing a read border on the left or right of the touchscreen as soon as there is someone in your blindspot would be better - you can just glance at the screen before turning on the indicator. The new proposal seems a bit half-baked.

Would be happy with some sort of better 'surround' view when trying to park - I find it a curiously difficult car to park.

The 'Blind spot' feature - the red edge of the pop-up picture is ok-ish. But as other people have noted elsewhere - Finding out someone is is your blindspot, only when using the indicator is far from ideal. I would have tought just flashing a read border on the left or right of the touchscreen as soon as there is someone in your blindspot would be better - you can just glance at the screen before turning on the indicator. The new proposal seems a bit half-baked.
Painted parking lines in the visualization. That’s all I am asking for. The number of times I reverse into a space and get out to realize the car is wonky.

I suspect the new parking view is just the current one with the added ability to rotate the 3D view with your finger. Looks like the danger snakes’ color has been transferred to the offending obstruction. But what we need are The. Parking. Lines.

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_2962.png

Last edited:

If you have visualisation enabled - doesn’t that effectively show you other cars in your blind spot without indicating?

Maybe they need to make use of that a bit more - highlighting cars in your blind spot an/or a tone if you start to move in their direction?

I agree that having the alert only active when you are indicating and have the blind spot cameras enabled seems a bit pointless.

Wouldn't that be rather annoying when driving in any traffic.

Wouldn't that be rather annoying when driving in any traffic.
Yeah maybe. If we assume the limitation is the alert either needs to be delivered visually via the existing screen and/or audibly - when should it trigger?

Like park assist maybe which is speed dependent - so only when you are travelling above a certain speed? (But that rules out pulling out of parking spaces etc)