Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in the UK ever bricked a car with a Tesla update? Never heard of one.
Not bricked but I once started an update which didn’t finish. This caused battery drain. I’d just left the car at work and travelled to London for a week. Within 1/2 day it was down 40%!!!!

I opened a service request and they remotely sorted it.

I was bricking it for a few hours…..

• Informative
Reactions: NewbieT
Ehhh plenty of time before Christmas. If it hasn't arrived by then that would be the time to start grousing. :)
It's not me that promised it would be out this week...

1702465083165.png

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I hope the majority don’t have to suffer for the slim minority abusing AutoPilot over the years.

Wouldn’t make for a great Christmas update at all to have even more restrictions on UK roads.
If they replace the wheel nag entirely with cabin camera monitoring that's a win in my book.
But given the headlines that's probably not the direction it's headed too..

Tesla seems to be taking a lot of heat for this while other manufacturers aren't necessarily better, they're simply not in the eye of the storm.
I know a few Volvo drivers just putting a bottle of water between the steering spokes to trick the AP-equivalent into handsfree driving... something Tesla has prevented abuse for years already... yet you don't see a request for a recall/fix for that from the 'safest brand in the world'...

If they replace the wheel nag entirely with cabin camera monitoring that's a win in my book.
But given the headlines that's probably not the direction it's headed too..

Tesla seems to be taking a lot of heat for this while other manufacturers aren't necessarily better, they're simply not in the eye of the storm.
I know a few Volvo drivers just putting a bottle of water between the steering spokes to trick the AP-equivalent into handsfree driving... something Tesla has prevented abuse for years already... yet you don't see a request for a recall/fix for that from the 'safest brand in the world'...
of you have someone sensible, like BMW, who has just a touch sensitive steering wheel