Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what the fuss is about with speed cameras, they’re so obvious here, especially as compared to my native NZ (where they’re all sneakily hidden)!

What would be amazing is to have road closures, road works and accident information like Google and Waze have.
greentheonly has all the different icons in the code on Twitter
  • average speed camera
  • caution lights
  • construction
  • danger zone
  • fixed speed camera
  • mobile speed camera
  • police
  • red light speed camera
  • speed camera (no idea how this differs from all the other ones)
  • stop sign
  • traffic light
So definitely going to be more than just speed cameras.

• average speed camera
  • caution lights
  • construction
  • danger zone
  • fixed speed camera
  • mobile speed camera
  • police
  • red light speed camera
  • stop sign
  • traffic light
Why would you need an icon to indicate a traffic light or a stop sign ?

Also can we play Kenny Loggins automatically when entering a
  • danger zone

• average speed camera
  • caution lights
  • construction
  • danger zone
  • fixed speed camera
  • mobile speed camera
  • police
  • red light speed camera
  • stop sign
  • traffic light
These icons suggest Google/Waze-like real-time updates. Fingers crossed.

Eh?
It literally does :)))

Turn on AP, drive without touching steering wheel, get yellow steering wheel shown in the screen and AP is not available for you till end of drive, until you turn In P and into D again

Same applies if you have AP enabled and accelerate past 85 mph now as @M1tch said
Then don’t let it drive without your hands on the steering wheel and don’t use it to go 15 mph over the national speed limit 🤷‍♂️

Coming up to nearly 2 years and a total of 20000 miles and I’ve yet to have autopilot force disengaging on me.

Struggling to rustle up sympathy for people who are getting forced AP disconnections on a regular basis. I don’t think I’ve had one in all the time I’ve owned my car (nearly 4 years).

Either these people are going out of their way to ignore the flashing blue warnings, or refuse to acknowledge the request to apply torque for whatever reason, or they have a faulty car.

good point. unless they got an ace up their sleeve there needs to be a front bumper camera so there aren't any blindspots. but maybe this update will "fix" tesla vision.
Front cameras are impossible to keep clean so I doubt they will ever resort to that as a solution.

Honestly, what makes the most sense is to combine USS with the cameras but Elon’s to stubborn to do that.

Honestly I don’t get it and it makes me a little angry.
There are no hardware limitations as USS cars have the same cameras and processing unit as USS-less cars.
They could definitely have implemented some sort of sensor fusion and display the two at the same time.
This is the single feature I wanted to have out of the holiday update.
Definitely looks like a push / punishment to make us believe Vision is better than USS. Won’t fly with me.

I wonder if the USS cars are running both so Tesla can use the sensors to validate the vision solution.