Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see this getting more accurate over time...first by Tesla improving the capability....and possibly by memorizing frequently used places like your driveway
So long as nothing ever changes on your driveway…reminds me of those old Jasper Carrot sketches where he read out insurance claims.
”I turned into my neighbour’s driveway in error, and collided with a tree I didn’t have…”

Not strictly related to the Christmas update, but if anyone has lost Disney+ and wishes to get it back, apparently going into the web browser and logging into Disney+ through there causes the Disney+ “app” to reappear. I’m guessing the app is actually present for everyone, but only appears on the display if they detect login cookies.
I can confirm this works. I now have Disney back on the Theater menu.

Was surprised to receive 2023.44.30.6 after the recall to the recall of 2023.44.30.x branch.

Plenty of AutoPilot steering nags remain, mostly within seconds of enabling.
(car updated to 44.30.5 on Thursday but this was the first drive since then, there had been no prior issues with 44.30.2 & the cabin camera covered)

Driving on AP today with the cabin camera blocked & loosely holding the wheel there were no nags for the first 25 minutes until I got an instant disengagement with the message "Unexpected System Error, Autopilot Disengaged".

As it wasn't related to the steering wheel I assumed it must be the blocked camera causing this so I stopped in a lay-by to park and restart at which point AP was available again. I had meanwhile slid the little camera cover open so my eyes could now be seen & for the remainder of the 3h 40m journey there were no further nags or other issues.

On a couple of occasions I needed to look down at the screen and search/play USB music so I temporarily slid the camera cover across and then back again after doing so.

I've no idea if this is a solution but given the '5 strikes and you are out for a month' I'm not going to take chances with the blocked camera potentially causing more unexpected system errors.

Reactions: Durzel and bhav
Tesla Vision forward parking is proving to be more accurate than prior to the .44 releases.

Today on 44.30.5.1, the actual distance to the fence is slightly more compared to the cars interpretation but not by much at all.

IMG_8910.jpg
IMG_8909.JPG
IMG_8914.JPG
IMG_8912.jpg

Reactions: SteveH13 and Bouba
Is it more consistent?

If you repeat that manoeuvre 4 or 5 times, will it shout 'STOP' at the same point?
Maybe not but I'm seeing consistent improvement on what we (non USS) had before. You may notice I compared to Tesla Vision not the sensors on my previous Tesla.

As someone who is quite cynical about Tesla I try to be fair when something I didn't expect happens.

I've generally been very happy with the hi-fi park assist, its a definite improvement over what we had before. I know the visualisations aren't everyone's cup of tea but for me being able to see what the car is aware of gives me a bit more confidence in the system. Unlike the spaghetti lines before, sometimes I wasn't sure what the car was measuring distances from.

Given the choice however I think I would still prefer USS, tried and tested tech that in the vast majority of scenarios is reliable and accurate.

Reactions: Durzel