Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the dropped prices gonna hold on? I’m wondering if i should buy MY LR right now or wait for this USS drama resolve.
If you know how to park, you should be fine. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me at all if prices continue to go up. Ford is completely unable to get remotely close to Tesla's current pricing with their lower range Mach-E, and the Federal Tax Credit, IMO, is going to give a huge boost to demand.

They sold 1.3 million cars last year with higher prices and no tax credit. Tesla generally forecasts a 50% yearly increase in sales. Maybe interest rates/finance costs will push a lot of buyers out of the market for a $55-$65k car more than the tax credit will help. In which cases price could remain stable. But really I'm just taking wild guesses. But that's my thought process on the matter, if it helps.

Reactions: WyoDude
If you know how to park, you should be fine.

Yep it's not a problem parking....so long as it isn't or hasn't been raining. Otherwise you will need to get out and clean the trunk camera for reversing into a tight spot or with a pillar at the end of a bay.

Alternatively with x-ray vision you can actually see out of the rear - through the rain covered glass and down through the raised ass of the vehicle.

Do you think they will get back to mointing USS? Or the radar?
Difficult to say, but I find it hard that they will go back to the USS sensors. Otherwise, they will end up with a lot of cars that are different one from another. Thus making the whole autopilot development quite hard.

My guess is that we will never get the full USS functionality back, some sort of low accuracy indication but nothing more in the near future.

The radar is still pure speculation, currently, (afaik) we don't know if the model 3 and Y will get the radar or if it's just for the Semi or other vehicles.

Sure enough, the lack of USS is pissing off a lot of buyers, I got my MY delivered last week until now I was able to park nearly everywhere without too many troubles. The rear facing cameras are freaking good for parking (didn't test them in snowy, foggy, or rainy conditions yet).

I'm a bit worried about the front of the car, but still no damage so far :D

I just picked up my 2023 M3LR past weekend that was manufactured in January 2023 from Fremont and noticed there is no parking assist whatsoever. I had heard about Tesla removing sensors due to their commitment to Tesla Vision, but I did not know they removed them without any replacement features. Now I have to wait for Tesla to release software to assist parking solely based on cameras, and I just heard about the new that Tesla is going back to radar (HD radar) for cars manufacturing starting Mid-January 2023, because vision only is not reliable enough? Although mine was manufactured in January 2023, I do not believe I have any sensors because when I park, I do not get any assistance around the car. If they rollout the vehicles with HD radars, what are they going to do with the vehicles already sold without any sensor whatsoever? Any idea?

p.s' I am fairly new to Tesla community, as I recently started looking into Tesla after my 2018 Audit A5 got totaled in late December 2022. So please excuse me if I am too naïve or this issue has been discussed before.

I have a 2022 LR. I've noticed after updating to 2022.44.30, there aren't anymore "ding ding" when I'm parking. Also, I've pulled up to a car in front of me within 6 inches and there were no alerts. Anyone else experiencing this?
Really strange thing happened to me today. I had no sound whatsoever in the car. No radio, no beep when trying to do voice command, no tick tick tick sound when signaling. Decided to pull over and reboot. After the reboot, everything came back, including the USS functionality!! 🤷‍♂️

I'm getting more confident that a fix is around the corner.

That Polish car will probably just have USS! Swapping out demo fleet every three months does not mean that car couldn't have USS - there were cars delivered in November with USS. Why do these claims always have inconclusive maybe-maybe not 'proof' that these cars have no USS but the park beepy beep is working? Just show the bumpers!

Hi, I'm relatively new member of TMC since delivery of my 2023 Model Y LR on 12/02/2023.
I can just echoing multiple comments from other unfortunate members who are in the same boat as I'm and keeping wondering how Tesla could make a decision to remove an important safety feature like USS without ready to go new Tesla Vision technology which should replace USS.
However I have a different question to the audience. I was in the company of many thousands of the new owners received their Model Y after December 1, 2023 and Tesla promised to all of us a 'rebate' of $3,750 for the inconvenience to take a delivery much earlier (mine was 4 months earlier). As far as I know people who took delivery 12/21 - 12/31 in 2022 should get back even larger amount of $7,500.
So, my question is - did anyone received those money back from Tesla? I'm still waiting for this rebate even after escalation to the Manager of the delivery team in Peabody, MA. I have confirmation from the Manager that Tesla owe those money to me, but nothing after that.
Please reply if any of you got this rebate?

Reactions: GoodKarma
Hi, I'm relatively new member of TMC since delivery of my 2023 Model Y LR on 12/02/2023.
I can just echoing multiple comments from other unfortunate members who are in the same boat as I'm and keeping wondering how Tesla could make a decision to remove an important safety feature like USS without ready to go new Tesla Vision technology which should replace USS.
However I have a different question to the audience. I was in the company of many thousands of the new owners received their Model Y after December 1, 2023 and Tesla promised to all of us a 'rebate' of $3,750 for the inconvenience to take a delivery much earlier (mine was 4 months earlier). As far as I know people who took delivery 12/21 - 12/31 in 2022 should get back even larger amount of $7,500.
So, my question is - did anyone received those money back from Tesla? I'm still waiting for this rebate even after escalation to the Manager of the delivery team in Peabody, MA. I have confirmation from the Manager that Tesla owe those money to me, but nothing after that.
I think you should have gotten this as a discount off the purchase price at the time of sale.

Reactions: mgs333
Same situation. I got a $3,750 discount while paying for my MY, meaning this 'credit' was factored into the price at the time of payment. However, I because the car was delivered on 12/21/22 when a further discount was announced, I asked about Tesla paying me the discount, and they confirmed by email that I would get the discount and receive a check for the remaining $3,750. I've yet to receive the check. I was told it could take up to "12 weeks" into 2023 for them to mail out the check.