Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I'd love to install it myself, but can't find the part (except Tesla). $350 seems steep to me for something I could easily do myself.
That $350 includes everything, the HomeLink module, bracket, and installation. The HomeLink module alone costs ~$220 from Tesla, if you can buy just the part, vs. buying the kit from the store.

So really it isn't a bad deal. (Of course, if you can get the parts from salvage vehicles that could be much cheaper, though sometimes those parts cost more than buying them from Tesla.)

Thanks! I'd love to install it myself, but can't find the part (except Tesla). $350 seems steep to me for something I could easily do myself.
As @MP3Mike says, the $350 isn't even a bad value because now the used prices creep closer to $250.

The only bad part about having Tesla install it, they put it behind the front bump cover, instead of underneath the frunk tray. Which means it's a PITA if you ever want to remove it later. Getting that front bumper cover off is tough. But for a DIY install you put it under the tub which is very easy to both install and remove in the future.

That $350 includes everything, the HomeLink module, bracket, and installation. The HomeLink module alone costs ~$220 from Tesla, if you can buy just the part, vs. buying the kit from the store.

So really it isn't a bad deal. (Of course, if you can get the parts from salvage vehicles that could be much cheaper, though sometimes those parts cost more than buying them from Tesla.)
Thanks a lot for this feedback. If I go the HomeLink route, I'll definitely have Tesla do it, if it's just a matter of saving $100 and still having to remove the front bumper. I've been enjoying MyQ so far and may end up just sticking with that.

Just to confirm, does your vehicle have ultrasonic sensors? Im assuming you know what those are, but in the chance that you dont, they would be the little physical round disc like things you see on almost every vehicle on the road now, easiest to see in the rear bumper.
We just took delivery of a brand-new 2023 LR DM with manufacturing date of January this year. No ultrasonic sensors. And absolutely no proximity sensing function at all.

that's the pain that everyone is facing who purchased a Tesla after November, 2022.
I am also in the same boat, I purchased enhanced autopilot with Smart Summon, and Enhanced Auto Parking -- these features are not functioning yet because of Tesla Vision

But again, radar is coming back!

What if cars without USS already have this new hardware? I mean, why would Tesla remove those sensors just for a couple months and then add a radar back on newer models. This would kill the value of all cars built within this short time frame. Surely there is a secret ingredient we are not aware of, but will soon be unveiled.

What if cars without USS already have this new hardware? I mean, why would Tesla remove those sensors just for a couple months and then add a radar back on newer models. This would kill the value of all cars built within this short time frame. Surely there is a secret ingredient we are not aware of, but will soon be unveiled.
If the radar was taken off and putting back again, it's not impossible to repeat the same process with sonars: Taking them sonars off and sonars will come back again some day, all thanks to the pure vision.