Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 01/19 PM
MYLR Red/Black 5 Seat 19"
Long Island, NY
EDD: 03/6 - 03/31
No Vin and no updates since original update. I guess checking the app 15X a day doesn't make anything move faster.

Texted with Tesla and considered changing to Performance model last week to see if it would come faster, and they wouldn't make any promises just that "you will still be prioritized based off your original order date." I would think they would try to push me to spend the extra $$ on the upgrade, and at least hint that it may be sooner...
I have the same config but ordered on 1/22. Hurry up and get yours so I can get mine!

Off topic, anyone from Georgia ? Wondering how the sales tax on a new car is calculated if i sold my car which is replaced with a new car. Ex : I bought a new car for 50k, sold my old car to private party, do i pay sales tax on 40k (50-10k) or 50 k ? Old car was titled in Ga.
Maybe Georgia is different.. but if you bought it for 50K the sales tax is on 50K; the private party who bought for 10K also pays sales tax on 10K. That's how it works in NJ (although here they'd give you 5k cash and ask you to say sold for 5k cashiers check - LOL)

No Sales Tax for NJ residents.. which is nice.

Placed Order on 1/28, Grey M-Y LR 19" tires + tow hitch - our estimated delivery is between 3/20 - 3/31

Not worried about the tax credit unfortunately and the price of our vehicle thanks to the tow hitch prevented an NJ savings of an extra 2K. Could have opted not for the tow hitch and add it later but the costs vs hassle vs savings were starting to equalize so decided to stay the course.

Someone order after me but their EDD is soonner :
"arcnnab said:
😁😁
Received the same, mostly a blanket message to nudge folks to upgrade

Anyone with OD - 1/22 seeing changes in EDD?

EDD for MYLR all standard options is stuck at 3/1 - 3/31"
Yours is perhaps more promising because it is narrowed down to 2 weeks... seems like when it goes to 2 weeks the likelihood of postponement becomes less.

Congratulations. I see you’re from Oakland. Are you picking up in Fremont? What’s your scheduled delivery date?
No exact delivery date yet Feb 13 - Feb 21, you guys think that's accurate, I have an great offer (23,400 on a 2017 Honda crv with right fender damage) from CarMax, expires in a few days, so I think I might sell on last day of offer, and do a rental for $30 a day until it comes, from a local rental place. Teslas trade in offer on my car is 19k and it expires on the 27th, everyone else is offering me 16-17k, so I imagine go chance teslas offer will go down. I have had no luck on Facebook marketplace even boosting the ad.